Justin Timberlake Snubs 'The Hills'

Justin Timberlake Snubs 'The Hills'

Justin Timberlake‘s hatred for reality TV became very apparent during Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards when he repeatedly asked MTV to ditch reality TV and play more music videos.

The girls from The HillsLauren Conrad, Audrina Patridge, Whitney Port — were supposed to present Timberlake with Male Artist of the Year but after Lauren announced Justin as the winner, things got a little strange.

A fourth female mysteriously showed up on stage to join The Hills girls to hand the moon man to Timbaland, who in turn gave it to Justin. Justin did not give eye contact or thank any of the presenters, as most winners do.

“Play more dayum videos. We don’t want to see the Simpsons on reality television,” said Justin, referring to sisters Jessica and Ashlee Simpson. “Play more videos.”

And then when accepting the award for the Quadruple Threat Award, Justin reiterated, “I want to challenge MTV to play more videos.”

Watch the video below and see for yourself!!!!!

Ironically, Justin is one of Lauren‘s celebrity crushes.

Justin Timberlake snubs The Hills

• Snooki steps out after giving birth to her second baby- US Weekly
  • Taylor Swift is getting sued by a chauffeur service- TMZ
  • Netflix has added some new films to their collection- Entertainment Weekly
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Bryana Holly knows how to heat up the desert- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All

Videos are so boring to watch. Justin is rude and arrogant. I like reality shows.

coalharbourqt @ 09/10/2007 at 1:06 am

Fug – no, he meant the Simpson sisters – he said REALITY television. The Simpsons is a CARTOON (ie non-reality). Tie that in with the snub to the presenters and he’s making a point: enough with these reality tv shows and the ridiculous type of ‘fame’ that it gives to people who have no talent.

I can see where JT is coming from – anyway you slice it, he has talent and has worked hard to get where he is in life. The whole phenomena of ‘reality celebrities’ would seem pretty ridiculous to someone like him. I know it is hard for younger people to understand (and I’m not exactly old myself) but there was a time wher you were only a famous celebrity if you actually had a TALENT.

Videos are so boring to watch. Justin is rude and arrogant, he annoys me. I like reality shows.

coalharbourqt @ 09/10/2007 at 1:10 am

There was a time when MTV was all about the music… :D

LOVE ANGELINA @ 09/10/2007 at 1:10 am

Justin ain’t lying. Play more videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t like none of those girls from The Hills expect Heidi and Whitney.

Proud of you Justin.

Justin was right on. They do need to play more videos. I remember the days when all they did was play music vids. Now you’ve gotta catch them on MTV2 if you’re lucky. MTV is evolving, but are they losing their relevance to the music in exchange for reality TV?

That was funny! I hate those girls, they sound like idiots and the reality show–shows what idiots they really are…

sassafrass @ 09/10/2007 at 1:11 am

It wasn’t a random girl, it was one of the trophy girls. When the 3 “Hills” girls came out they didn’t have a trophy with them. It is normail for there to be a trophy girl to actually hand over the award.

YAYYYYYYYYYY I SO AGREE, I HATE FAKE REALITY TV..SIMPSONS AND FAT UNIBROW LAUREN BEEFY CONRAD..HE IS CORRECT TO SAY WHAT HE SAID..YAYYYYYYY

[~Famous~] @ 09/10/2007 at 1:15 am

he’s not talking about the simpson sisters.

26 L LOSER @ 09/10/2007 at 1:17 am

NO. 26 L SORRY TO HEAR YOUR LIFE IS SO BORING THAT YOU LIVE FOR REALITY TV OR OTHER PEOPLE LIVES THAT ARE FAKE AND IT’S TOO BAD YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF MUSIC. YOU SOUND LIKE A DULL PERSON.

coalharbourqt @ 09/10/2007 at 1:20 am

“We don’t want to see the Simpsons on REALITY television”. How much clearer can you get? What he could have said that would have been clearer is “We don’t want reality shows on MUSIC television”, but the sentiment is still the same.

LOOK at what JJ has written above in his article if you think I’m the only one who gets it. Duh.

we dont want more bimbos like simpsons. your right jt. play videos

I agree with what he said but not in the way he said it. There was no reason to be rude to the girls especially considering The Hills is keeping MTV afloat!

GET A CLUE ~FAMOUS~ @ 09/10/2007 at 1:27 am

HE IS SAYING HE’D RATHER SEE SIMPSONS SISTER IN A MUSIC VIDEO AND NOT THEIR REALITY SHOWS. IT WAS NOT MEANT TO OFFEND THEM BUT TO GET THE WORD ACROSS. BTW FAMOUS, YOU ARE ALWAYS ON THE FIRST PAGE TO COMMENT. DO YOU WORK OR HAVE A LIFE OFFLINE?

You that the reality was bad on MTV before how about the previews for a Shot of love with Teqila whatever the internet girl..I almost fell off my couch..now MTV is low in the reality dept.! I’ll take the HILLS anyday over that show! :)

[~Famous~] @ 09/10/2007 at 1:47 am

lmao idiots. he’s not talking about the simpsons sisters – dance puppets.

Thanks Justin, you won in every way!

I was embarrassed for The Hills girls. I’d have to agree with Justin though, too much reality tv nowadays. In the morning while I get ready for school or work, I turn on my TV and put it on MTV for some music but a reality show is what’s always on. I’m not kidding. So, I watch VH1 instead.

Can’t stand Tila Nguyen. Cancel the show before it airs pleeeease!

MTV should play more music videos (even MTV 2′s lacking), but that was a douche thing to do. It was rude, tasteless, and lacked utter class. It reflects a smug ego.

H E I S P A T H E T I C
H E I S P A T H E T I C
H E I S P A T H E T I C
H E I S P A T H E T I C

AND HIS PERFORMANCE WAS AS HORRID AS BRITNEYS

he should shout his mouth

it´s true that MTV should play more music
but people prefer reality shows rather than his ****** music

Don’t any of you think it’s weird that these girls are famous for the supposed reality they live everyday? I mean, do they even know who they really are anymore?

I didn’t think it was classless at all, so what it hurts these shallow, no talent girl’s feelings. They need to wake the f*uck up anyway and realize no one cares that much about their lives, we’re being forced to watch by not having much of a choice for anything else. It’s either “reality” shows or crap music videos. Someone needs to stand up for talent. You might not like JT’s genre of music, but I don’t think anyone can deny he’s at least talented. Those girls are a waste of space on TV and no one gives a ****. They need to get lost. I wish he was even more blunt than that to be honest.

Well, I gotta admit, SOME reality shows are very intriguing however, Justin does make a great point! ‘MTV’ does stand for ‘Music Television’ and what the flying fu*k does does any of the reality show on MTV have to do with ‘Music Television’? Seriously? It’s just that with all the non-music related shows on MTV these days it really seems like MTV has lost sight of what they are truly all about.

And as for the retarded moron who says Justin only said that because he thinks he’s invincible, If you were as hot, talented and successful as he is, you’d think you were invincible too! lol. And Yes The Hills may have 4Million+ viewers but it’s pointless, non music related reality shows like this that are ruining what MTV stands for. Without music, life would just be unbearable and if MTV goes down the drain, then we’re all pretty much screwed!

Justin timberlake is so full of himself, its not even funny!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All