Kanye's Backstage Meltdown @ VMAs 2007

Kanye's Backstage Meltdown @ VMAs 2007

Watch. this.

Kanye West, whose album drops today, had a complete meltdown backstage at the 2007 Video Music Awards. The rapper goes completely haywire, hating on MTV for using Britney Spears to open up the show and losing in all five categories that he was nominated for. Kayne‘s so fumed, he even canceled his appearance on TRL today, missing out on a chance to hype up his new album.

Here’s Kanye‘s rant transcribed but watch/listen to the video below!!!

“**** MTV. Y’all heard what the **** I said… Five nominations. I ****in’ lost to Black Eyed Peas last year, man. I’m never coming to MTV. Ya’ll find Britney. Get Britney. Get a real ****in’ artist. Get Britney Spears. I ain’t ****in’ with this pop ****. God****. Give me a ****in’ chance. Give a black man a chance. I’m tryin’ hard. I got the ****in’ #1 record. I’m tryin’ man. I don’t even get a ****in’ chance. They don’t want a ****in’ black man in that position.”

Kanye West‘s Backstage Meltdown @ 2007 MTV VMAs

Patmycrotch @ 09/11/2007 at 4:12 pm

what a loser, way too full of himself.

ROTFLMAO!! talk about a bad loser Hmmmmmmm i wonder if he’s a Troll?

Wow, he was angry indeed.

Benjamin Buchloh @ 09/11/2007 at 4:13 pm

kpnt rl, jgb, da’rt, mofo n edy

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL now that’s a sore LOSER!!! LOLOLOl

I thought the fans voted for mtv awards? I didnt think MTV took it upon themselves. Am I wrong?

I LOVE HIM!! HES A WINNER FOR ME!! HES COCKY BUT AT LAST REAL.. FIFTY IS A POSER..

HE IS A LOSER

[~Famous~] @ 09/11/2007 at 4:24 pm

he’s keeping it real, and acting like a complete biish. lol he cry’s about winning way to much.

sadly this is the only way a black man can get a thread on this site. lol

Poor Kanye…He only made $20 million last year…He’s so right…Black men do need a chance…How is he supposed to live off of $20 million?…I don’t know how he has the number one album when his album came out today, not on Sunday…But that’s neither here nor there I suppose…

At least he speaks his mind and let MTV know how he feels. What a load of $#!+ that show is anyway. Hardly plays videos and plays the same all the time.

Kanye is an artist who is competitive and in his mind he feels that he is deserved of an award. Come on he performs on the show and to be snubbed two years in a row? He has very good videos for his music and not idiotic portrayals.

Who can blame the guy for wanting to win a man on the moon. Ahh c’mon

OMG! BEHIND THE SCENES ARE ALWAYS BETTER! CELEBRITITES HAVE SO MANY SECRETS! lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[~Famous~] @ 09/11/2007 at 4:29 pm

kanye’s saying exactly what all losers think, he just says it out loud.

I LOVE ME SOME Kanye!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[~Famous~] @ 09/11/2007 at 4:30 pm

Jeff23, and you repeated it! really?!?

ugh. i hate him. get a life. he needs to go away. He doesnt have the #1 cd!! and i surely hope he wont. jeez.

I think hes referring to what he puts into his work compared to other people. I mean he should know he is in the industry.

Like someone said earlier, Don’t the fans vote for who receives the awards? If so, then I guess he should be directing that race-card rant toward the fans. Geez, it’s not like an MTV moon man is a freakin Grammy. Get over it.

Britney Spears as the opening act attracted WAY more viewers than Kanye West would have. MTV knew that, and they are going to go where the ratings are. Once again, Get over it. Last time I checked, a VMA didn’t represent an artist “making it”. I’m sure he will get a Grammy this year which is all he should really care about anyway. I love his music but he is a titty baby. Makes me like him less and less.

Brit Chick @ 09/11/2007 at 4:33 pm

Im not surprised seriously MTV have to be taking the p.iss when they let that idiotic Britney open the flaming show, then Kanye isnt acknowledged with an award? he has worked his **** off to get to where he is, and when you think about it, it is a bloody travesty he hasnt won one award, what the hell is that all about? at least he speaks his mind, and tells it like it is! Kanye was robbed of 5 damned categories he was nominated for, and he doesnt get even one? that is an absolute joke! same thing happened to Craig David over here, he was nominated about 5 times for a Brit Award, simply because his record company werent well known!! I dont blame Kanye one bit!

I would comment about Kanye being a total ***** but #7 Vic is the real ***** you ******* ************!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jett-lass @ 09/11/2007 at 4:38 pm

I am tired of this race card crap… If you flip it and make him a white guy in this industry–he wouldn’t be where he is now. Maybe your music just sucks kanye… what do you think about that?

wow. he is really pissed. it’s hilarious!

I HATE HIM HES SO FULL OF IT!!

Oh and another thing ****,oh I’m sorry Vic ,thing that “porch monkey” as you called him is a ******* successful millionaire while your still living at home in your mothers basement with one hand down your pants jerking off to Kanye’s videos

[~Famous~] @ 09/11/2007 at 4:41 pm

#1 record, meaning – song – single – stronger! moron lol

7 Lillie : 09/11/2007 at 4:18 pm – fans only vote for 2 of the awards, the rest are up to MTV.

It's Cuz I'm White @ 09/11/2007 at 4:47 pm

Oh, spare me. Get the FCUK over yourself, you jackazz. It’s not because you’re black. Believe it or not, not *everyone* only thinks about race. It’s just mofos like you who, whenever something goes wrong, they play the “It’s cuz I’m black” card. Maybe Britney should have said, “You all didn’t like my performance because I’m white.” Yeah, but nobody would’ve taken her seriously. Sheez. If you want to end racism, then stop basing everything on your fcuking race. I don’t give a sh!t if you’re black. I just don’t like you because you’re an @sshole. And MTV doesn’t give a sh!t about your race either. They want the person who will make them the most money, and Britney proved she could with her sorry self. LMAO They had Chris Brown and Rihanna perform, didn’t they? They had 50 and Ashanti and Diddy there, and you have the nerve to say that it’s because you’re black. Shut the fcuk up, you idiot. SOME people look at people as people, not as blacks and whites.

Oh wow he was well p*issed. I don’t think MTV will want him there anyway. 2 years in a row of throwing a hi ssy fit, no thank you!

lmfao! is it that serious? was he crying! what a fricken loser!!!!!!!!

Veritaserum♥ @ 09/11/2007 at 4:55 pm

2 Oops : 09/11/2007 at 4:12 pm

ROTFLMAO!! talk about a bad loser Hmmmmmmm i wonder if he’s a Troll?

—————————————-
Hahaha..!
I keep seeing that word “Troll” all over this website..what does it really mean..do you mean an actual troll or what?

[~Famous~] @ 09/11/2007 at 4:56 pm

lol i think he was really crying.

shut up LOSER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ 09/11/2007 at 5:04 pm

I HATE THIS ***** ******* I REALLY DO, HE REALLY PISS ME OF I’M SO SICK OF HIM CRYING EVERYTIME HE DOESN’T WIN SOMETHING, HES SO AROGANT HE THINK HES A GIFT TO MANKIND BUT HES NOT GET OVER URSELF YOU FUKING LOSER, AND WHY DOES HE ALWAYS HAVE TO BRING RACE INTO EVERYTHING I’M BLACK AND I DIDN’T SEE ANY RASCISM WHEN I SAY THE SHOW INFACT THERE WAS NONE SO WHATS HIS ****** POINT, I REALLY HATE KAYNE WEST, HES TOO FULL OF HIMSELF

shoes4life @ 09/11/2007 at 5:04 pm

I have never cared for Kanye, especially after the way he acted at the Grammy’s I think it was two years ago he threw this same rant.

To me people who cry to be recognized are the ones who don’t get the recognition they probably do deserve but because of their attitude of thinking they are entitled to something makes people not want to recognize them because of their arrogance. Maybe when Kanye brings his self off of his personal HIGH horse he may get some recognition. Until then he will most likely continue to be snubbed, because crying at the network surely won’t get you any further, if anything other shows/networks will most likely try to avoid you, no matter how good your sales are.

Littlelamb @ 09/11/2007 at 5:05 pm

I can’t look at him and not think of Bubba from Forrest Gump. He should seriously be far more concerned about the Grammy’s and American Music Awards. Did someone forget the VMA’s started as a spoof on artists HELLO!

agreed. kanye west is a loser. not only is he a loser but he is a jacka** and an embarrassment to the black community. okay, an embarrassment to america in general. who does he think he is? and where the f**k does he get the idea that he has the #1 record?? personally i don’t think anyone will give a rat’s a** if he ever comes back to MTV! the guy is a moron.

Actually Kanye has a point, he has had more no 1′s than Britney in recent years and I’m sure he would have given a better performance than Britney on the night.

MTV went for controversy to get viewers watching rather than acknowledging good music videos done in the past year.

Stay strong Kanye!

He is too funny

pancakebottom @ 09/11/2007 at 5:12 pm

Crybaby.

shoes4life @ 09/11/2007 at 5:13 pm

I have an idea for Kanye since he don’t like the way he has been treated, why don’t he start his own network and award show, surely he has the means to do so. Then he can give himself all of the praise by showing only his videos, talk about his life, and give himself an award each year. Otherwise, he needs to shut his pie hole. I am so sick of him crying like a whinny brat who didn’t get his way! Apparently, the public didn’t choose him just like they didn’t choose the other 3 or 4 folks who didn’t win that was in the same category as him. You don’t hear them complaining or cursing the world for not recognizing them. Geez!!

Exactly. People of all colors lose at all sorts of things all the friggen time and only a few morons such as Kanye show their asses by crying and b*tching about it.

At least he didn’t try to upstage the winners by jumping up on the stage when they won like he did last time. Whiney attention *****.

HE’S A REAL LOSER

Hey, patmyscrotch and famous, did all Brangelina fans run you guys off their threads. Two loosies meeting in same place and ranting and raving on some super ego black artist.

I think it has less to do about race, and more to do with his his attitude.

Not Blond @ 09/11/2007 at 5:49 pm

Speak the truth Kayne – though no one likes to hear it. Sure he could keep it to himself – but even JT complained about MTV when he won. Too many shi**y reality shows and not enough music. I guess they forgot what the M in MTV stands for. Brit was only watched because everyone was hoping for her to fall flat on her chicken fried as@ – and she certainly delivered. She’s the loser.

Kayne should suck it up though. His music is a thousand times better than the pop crap of the *****eys of the world and he will have an enduring career.

Regardless if he has the number one record, it’s MTV’s VIDEO awards.

*~*Jinny*~* @ 09/11/2007 at 5:59 pm

Dam.. someone shove a pacifier in his mouth already!

Wooden Legs Angelina @ 09/11/2007 at 6:00 pm

Maybe Angelina and Brad will adopt this baby – oh but he is from the US prolly not

Just saying @ 09/11/2007 at 6:03 pm

think he cries like this at the BET awards? Btw does Britney, JT or Fergie perform at the BET awards??

Good point @ 09/11/2007 at 6:06 pm

Excellent point, #49.

Ahhhhhhh! Famous @ 09/11/2007 at 6:17 pm

Famous!!!! you got a thread on this site the same way he
did by making a ASS out of yourself allllll the time. :lol:

There is nothing respectful about crying like a whiny a$s. Justin Timberlake cried about there not being enough videos being shown on MTV and he looked just as stupid as Kanye did for doing so. Sorry folksies but it’s NOT about what the “artist” wants but it’s about what the PUBLIC wants and obviously they want more reality shows than music videos. And they want Kanye and Justin to STFU and make some music, no one gives a $hit about their opinions. You would think that as much as these people make off the public they would be considerate enough not to shove their opinions down our throats.

as hurt as he is hes totally blowing **** out of proportions. he just needs to get over MTV that’s all he has to do.

Preggy-Jolie @ 09/11/2007 at 6:46 pm

I hope 50 beats his ass!

Ughh he gets on my nerves!!!!!!!!!

blacks…always pulling the race card…

he is great alot of people love his music and the people in mtv still dont ******* pick him I AM GLAD HE DID THIS!

he is the one who brought rap & hip hop right up he does not sing about nasty stuff and i love his songs for me he is an awesome person.

STOP the hate people.

he has such a big ego. i hate kayne

hate is such a big word..

I MEAN THINK ABOUT IT

if you wer him

trying VERY HARD every single album every song

dont be cold hearted people two whole years

of trying hard ass hell you would get pissed

off too!!

I do agree with Kanye, but there is a way to act when you’re at an award ceremony(even if it’s MTV)…and that wasn’t it…

@ 37:

Britney has not had a #1 hit in years because she has not had a cd in years.
What the f**k is Kanye talking about. It;s not because he’s black.
Britney has never won a Moonman either and hse has done more for Mtv that Kanye has; but you don’t see her bitching about it. Kanye, grow he hell up!

carrie nae @ 09/11/2007 at 7:34 pm

I don’t think he is such a baby. He does bring great music and amazing videos. He has to be recornized for that. Only few alternative hip-hop artists can pull out the way Kanye does. He is the man. It is about the music and what it represents. His personality… I don’t care at all. At least, he puts out something and not all talk.

LMAO

what a looser

haha

there goes; what in the fkc does ‘black’ have to do with anything! so sick of this. frikkin rihanna won a bunch of crap, and last time she looked in a mirror, she hadn’t turned white or anything.

i hope this a$swipe keeps his word, never collaborates w/MTV again, and fades off into the sunset

i love kanye’s music and his statements like mtv really exploited britney just to get high ratings and having sarah silverman come out rt. after her was all planned really makes alot of sense; however, someone should really talk to kanye about not burning bridges and never letting anyone outside of the family know what you are thinking-ala marlon brando….kanye has a bright future but he needs to learn self-discipline to the fullest extent and stop complaining even if he is rt.

also kanye is a typical artist…very out-spoken and artsy

the_original_nika @ 09/11/2007 at 8:27 pm

He doesn´t know how to lose.

He is an a$$! Why does a black man always and I mean always throw RACE in to every little THING! Get a life!

Yet people will still buy this low-life, no-talent, sore-loser, crybaby’s CD. He seriously needs to come out of the closet and get over himself. He’s such an a– yet people still buy his record. Wish his jaw was still wired shut…maybe then we wouldn’t have to listen to the stupid crap coming out of his mouth.

BECAUSE THAT IS HOW WE FEEL! AND THAT IS HOW WE SEE IT!

IT IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE RACISM! I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE HE IS COMING FROM, BUT BE REAL..IT IS BETTER MUSIC OUT THERE THAN HIS!

BRITNEY, HAS SOLD MORE RECORDS THAN HIM, AND I THINK THAT SHE HAS ONLY 1 AWARD! LOOK LOOK HOW LONG IT TOOK MARTIN S. TO WIN A OSCAR, AND HE IS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIE DIRECTORS! YOU DIDN’T SEE HIM THROWING A FIT!

I feel him, I’d be pissed too. It’s not about winning a moonman, it’s about knowing how hard he’s worked only to get shafted. MTV isn’t for hip hop, it caters to white music so black artists may as well give up. The only black artist they want to give something to is Rihanna because she’s the closest thing to white. Speak ya mind ‘ye and please don’t bother with that VMA garbage again.

Give the freaken black man have a chance?? hello, he should be hella’ p|ss at Timbaland cause he decided on the performers this year… hehehe..

Kanye, stop whining like a dayem b|tch… Your money from your record sells are better than winning some dumb award, idiot!!

Be Man, man!!

All he ever do is complain! Complain! Whine! Whine! whine! like ***** loser!!!
Complain about how George Bush hates black people… Complain that his video cost a million freaken dollars and he should’ve won…
Complain this year about MTV and Britney…
Shut the ***** up!!!

Kanye, if you whine so much, don’t do any more music. Go live in Antartica, idiot!

dancingqueen @ 09/11/2007 at 9:30 pm

When did the MTV “moon man” become the symbol of professional acheivement? I could make one of the f..ckin statues if that would shut him up.

dancingqueen @ 09/11/2007 at 9:35 pm

#55 ann…don’t think that all black people whine when they feel slighted. Every time I see Kanye I wish he wasn’t black. He is such a phony dumb*ss, who can’t even appreciate what he has thus far. Pride goeth before the fall.

why is he so full of himself.
godd, everytime something happens to him he feels its about his race, bush doenst care about black people, give a black man a chance.

hes pathetic

oh yeah i can totally see him winning one in the near future now. haha.

He’s too cocky. I hate him! L-O-S-E-R-!-!-! xDD

All he wants is a freaking award? what about just enjoying making music?

Lets not make this about a black or white thing. Sure Kanye mentioned that “can’t a black man get a break” but I am sure that it is not a racist comment because he said black man. Maybe he was referencing himself as a black man to get a break. RIGHT!!!!

Comments from some of you here (Ann and etals.) were pretty much more generalized (all Black people do not play the race card, unfortunately that is a major misconception and that is what starts a lot of trouble with people speaking out of context and making blatant remarks)that is what I hate more than Kanye having a titty fit.

Colorlessworld @ 09/11/2007 at 11:22 pm

Is he okay?

Poor baby : (

kanye i feel your frustration but there’s better ways to go about it as others have said rather than going all out like that… But stay focused and keep doing what you do, because you love music, not because you love what you get in return…Getting whats in return will come when it’s earned, not sought out remember that….I still love your music though man…keep it coming

What a stupid person. For his sake I hope he was joking. I have never seen anyone get that upset over a fake award. No award that MTV gives out makes one bit of difference. Nobody even remembers who wins them. What a whiny little imbecile. He must be really insecure if he needs validation from MTV.

MTV Video music award is lame anyway. why’s he so worked up?

I believe members of the BEP are black?? right?? hmm sounds like they’re giving a black man a chance, more actually

so sad

I can’t help but agree with him. I mean I’m not his hugest fan but Jesus Christ, he lost out to The Black-eyed Peas. Just think about that for a second. I’d be shocked if even someone as **** as Britney Spears lost out to them. No matter what Kanye tries he just can’t catch a break. Atleast he’s a winner when it comes to sales and that’s where it counts. Someone should sit him down and explain to him that awards mean **** all; where are Moonmen recipients Michael Penn and Jesus Jones today?

He’s actually sooooooo right about it. MTV knew how britney’s performanence would have turned out (hence: rehearsels!!). They should have done something about it!!

LOVE HIM!!! AT LEAST HE DOESN’T FAKE IT LIKE THE OTHER STARS…AND IT’S SO TRUE WHY THE **** WAS BRITNEY PICKED SHE’S NOT EVEN AN ARTIST ANYMORE…AND I DON’T THINK HE’S PISSED BECAUSE OF THE MONEY BUT BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY LIKES WHAT HE DOES AND WANTS TO PERFORM!! UNLIKE ***** FACE WHO WENT CLUBBING ALL WEEK BEFORE HERBIG CAREER BREAKING PERFORMANCE

He never fails to embarass himself everytime he opens his mouth. Can someone please bring this fool back down to earth before his ego causes his head to explode? I still can’t seem to erase his cringe-worthy behaviour on Punked from my mind as if that wasn’t bad enough!

Now I’m a serious Kanye West fan, but getting mad because you didn’t win a moonman? Are u kidding me? U won a damn Grammy. MTV adwards rock, but they don’t compare to a mutha F’in GRAMMY! Drink a 7up and get your smile right b!*ch.

It’s true in a way! He should not have told it this way but why didn’t he performed on stage? He’s number 1 with his single! I mean even fall out boy should have performed on stage! They’ve had like 3 to single and nothing on stage? MTV screwed up!

Biggest crybaby award goes to Kanye West give that black man a MTV moon man trophy so he can shut up!

The MTV video music awards are huge friggin’ joke. Kanye shouldn’t be upset about not having won that craptacular award anyway. In so saying, I do understand why winning a moonman would mean a lot to him. If you think about it, Kanye’s generation grew up with the MTV video awards being the pennicle of cool and success. To win one of those meant that you were accepted, but accepted in a way that wasn’t as establishment as the Grammy’s. The entire rant could have been stated differently, but had that been the case, then it wouldn’t have been a rant in the first place. Kanye although he was acting prickish seemed to be genuinely hurt by the fact that he was snubbed 2 years in a row even though he has been consistently putting out good music. The only good point he made was in questioning the producers of the award show for having put Britney Spears on as the opening act even though she didn’t appear to be taking her rehearsals seriously.

Ugh, he’s so full of himself and please the race card is used way to much! Also, last time I saw the Black Eyed Peas, whom he mentions in his meltdown, I thought a saw a couple black guys in that band?

LOSER!!! No class. Just accept that there are winners and there losers – nothing to do with colour moron!

Just an annoying observation because I am a “visible minority”. Whenever something goes wrong it’s always easy to make claims that failure is due to him/her being a black person. It never fails. I hear so often I’m sick of it. There are plenty of successful BLACK people in the world and colour did not stop them from becoming successful. Your pitiful minds and lousy attitudes imprison you.

BTW, Kanye makes more money than many white people in this industry so he’s not getting any sympathy here and no one should feel sorry for his black ass. Perhaps we other folks should start using the race card more often.

What a freakin baby!! Little do you know it has nothing to do with black or white, nobody likes you bacause your a freakin idiot! You play that poor black race card, and man there is nothing left to play on that anymore. These days you have every opportunity the same as anyone else. It depends on what you do with it that matters. As far as I am concerened, Kanyes gone as far as a whiney,n baby can go. good ridance

i hate him. he is so cocky. im buying 50′s slbum. fukuck kanye!

aaw. poor kanye. i love him. he should’ve won!

LOL. Oh god, I’m sorry, but he made a comple fool out of himself getting upset about this. It’s not like it’s the Grammys.

#35 LOL!!!!
It’s unfortunate people speak before they think (especially when angry) I agree with Kayne about the Britney thing. She was not ready for the come back – anyone but her. If they asked Whitney it would have even made better ratings. ANYone but Brit. No one – not even her 2 fans left takes her seriously. Everyone knows she can’t sing – why her?? I would be just as pissed at MTV – by the way MTV does suck – they hyped that Brit opening like an astroid was coming to earth “a must watch” MTV columnists should be ashamed of themselves. They knew what to expect. Justin is also right – they need to play more vidoes – did we all forget? It’s called “Music Television”!!!!
I love Justin – I just wish he would stop talking like a wigger.

You Know Who I Am @ 09/12/2007 at 3:40 pm

Kanye you are living better that a lot of people out here in the world. Stop whining already! Everytime you turn around, this fool is going off about something!! STFU and thank God for what you have!

You don't know me @ 09/12/2007 at 3:44 pm

Everytime I turn around Kanye is whining about something! He is living a lot better than most people in this world, but he always has something to complain about! Learn to thank God for what you have and stop b!tching all the damn time!

okay, so i dont agree with him pulling the whole race card, but he’s def more deserving than some artists. this man works hard and he makes great music, better than a lot of “music” out there right now. and so what if he’s going crazy over not winning? his whole freak out just shows how real he is. he’s not fake like all those other artists out there. besides, i doubt that he would act the way he did if someone who is actually deserving of the award got it. yea he may come across as conceited, but damn, he can back his sh*t up. if he couldnt i wouldnt be supporting his actions. MTV has really become corrupted. i thought the M stood for MUSIC, but whatever, kanye all the way.

I agree with what Mandy said. Of course Britney would attract more ratings, why not put her as the opening act to generate more buzz around the already declining ratings of the VMA’s. I think it was right of Kanye to express his frustration about MTV, which doesn’t stand at all for the progress of youth culture in a positive or creative manner, but using the “give a black man a chance” argument is very cliched. He makes WAY more money than a lot of black or white people in America do to begin with, and has the resources to make a lot more. And second of all, why does he need the recognition of MTV so badly? If he can’t see how MTV is beyond ******, then what’s the all the frustration about? His ego was hurt because he didn’t win in any of the categories. I would think if his album is selling like crazy, he really wouldn’t care. MTV is NOT the ultimate authority on being a “winner”.

guys dont be so ******* MEAN! he wanted to promote his album by singing the song HE wanted..he wanted to sing “stronger” but mtv wouldnt let him. and its true what hes saying about britney…mtv did exploit her, they wanted high ratings so they made her open the awards show. yeah he might sound a little cocky but still. at least hes saying what he thinks

oh geez..there he goes using color as another excuse! kanye- that’s seriously getting old!!! he’s pretty much acting like an immature b1tch at this point. that guy needs to grow a pair and act like a man!

What an idiot……like white people havnow anyway, with all this hip-hop crap.

why always pull the race card…its getting old

there are better ways to express frustration. it’s funny kanye is also using race because imo black people have just as many opportunties as the rest of us – if not more due to the fact that they are much louder than most others (races) when demanding for equality and the rest of us seem to over compensate by being extra careful not to offend blacks.

anonymous @ 09/14/2007 at 3:02 am

I’m not the biggest fan of his, but I do respect him as an artist and a black man. For those of you who always say he pulls the “race” card, you’re obviously white or you think that all the black inequality issues ended when Martin Luther King gave his “I have a dream” speech. I respect Kanye because, even after all his money and success, he still speaks up about black issues… he’s real and he’s just speaking the truth. He’s not like other black artists that keep it politically correct just to keep the endorsements or record deals. Please don’t try to say that we don’t see Britney saying stuff like “It’s cuz I’m white”…. It’s different when we talk about black people, African Americans to be exact… there’s the history that we’re still working on to make mends for. I applaud Kanye for using his fame to say what every other oppressed black guy wants to say.

But that’s not what this topic and this forum are about!!!

Kanye is so damn full of himself – he’s a crybaby and it makes me wonder why he values MTV’s opinion more than the esteemed Grammy’s. And WHY he has to be such a sore loser and parade around telling everyone how bad ass he is, I don’t know. He’s straight immature.

But yeah, MTV is trash anyway… the true, talented, quality artist they had perform tonight was Alicia Keyes. She’s an exception to MTV’s rule.

Yeah, Kanye needs get his head out of his ass and remember who put him there. MTV made him big.

Get over it Kanye! You’re a loser!!!