Helen Mirren: Oscars are a Crap Shoot

Helen Mirren: Oscars are a Crap Shoot

Dame Helen Mirren signs copies of her illustrated memoir, “In The Frame: My Life In Words And Pictures” at the Waterstones Book Shop in London on Friday.

The 62-year-old actress recently downplayed winning awards after her Emmy triumph earlier this week (for her role in Prime Suspect: The Final Act on PBS). Mirren said on a UK radio show, “I never thought ever that I’d win an Oscar. (She won one for The Queen.) I think it’s all a bit of a crap shoot… the whole awards thing is becoming a marketing tool so it doesn’t really mean anything. The important thing is survival.”

That’s alright. You don’t need awards, Helen. You are a sexy beast!!!!

15+ pictures inside of Ms. Mirren looking gorgeous as usual…

helen mirren crap shoot 01

• Martha Stewart slams Gwyneth Paltrow- Huffington Post
  • Read a review of Keira Knightley's new film Laggies- Lainey Gossip
  • Jerry Seinfeld honors Joan Rivers at an award show- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cora Keegan shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

But she expected to win

Angelina's granny panties @ 09/21/2007 at 2:45 pm

I bet she wears hotter panties then Angelina

Angelina's granny panties @ 09/21/2007 at 2:50 pm

She even looks younger then Angelina, certainly dresses better and younger then her too.

Helen is a class act, her bod is fab!

Helen is a brilliant actress!!! looking marvellous for her age!

I think she is such an amazing actress! B is right she looks wonderful!

Lillianne @ 09/21/2007 at 3:11 pm

She always looks good and she doesn’t take herself too seriously.

LOL @ 2&3 — in your dreams! bwahahaaa..

I love HM – she has the “don’t make a wrong move or I’ll put you in your place” type.

I love her

josephine @ 09/21/2007 at 3:32 pm

She’s fantastic, but she should be grateful.

Fug Face Man!ston @ 09/21/2007 at 3:43 pm

Hot.

I met her today. She signed my book and everything! Such a lovely woman.

LOVE HELEN MIRREN! WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Shrugging an atlas @ 09/21/2007 at 3:59 pm

I would actually turn lesbian if she turned up on my doorstep…she sizzles! ;)

she’s a very good actress but i don’t think she was very honest about the oscars thing. She can say whatever she wants but i bet she wanted to win and that at that time she was praying for it! lol.. but go on with the good work helen!

She didn’t say she didn’t want to win.. She said she didn’t expec to because, as even Clint Eastwood said: Win an oscar has nothing to do with deserve”. And fantastic Helen knows that.. but of course she loved.

I like her outfit!

P.s. Why are we talking about Angelina on this threed?

the_original_nika @ 09/21/2007 at 7:47 pm

agreed #7 and 15.
Helen is a brilliant actress!!! looking marvellous for her age!

Helen Mirren is the greatest! Long live the Queen of acting!

She’s the best! LOVE HER!

Thank God, a woman that still can move her face at her age. You flaunt it Ms. Mirren.

Well, if she thinks ” Oscars are a Crap Shoot “, why didn’t she do like Marlon Brando ? Instead, she seemed veeeerrryyy pleased to be there. This kind of statement is such a hypocritical one !