Jonathan Rhys Meyers: Save Tara! Save Tara!

Jonathan Rhys Meyers: Save Tara! Save Tara!

Irish actor hotties Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Stuart Townsend help protest the M3 motorway from being constructed near the historic Hill of Tara on Sunday. 1,000 protesters formed the shape of an Irish harp on top of the hill for an aerial photograph. At the same time, protests were held in Chicago, Los Angeles and New York.

“Tara Hill, which is the centerpiece of a large archaeological landscape with hundreds of significant sites, is the ceremonial and mythical capital of Ireland,” said Bonnie Burnham, the president of the World Monuments Fund (WMF).

It looks like JRM brought along a new mystery brunette girlfriend! What happened to Reena Hammer??

10+ pictures inside of Jonathan and Stuart trying to SAVE TARA…

jonathan rhys meyers save tara 01
jonathan rhys meyers save tara 10
jonathan rhys meyers save tara 11
jonathan rhys meyers save tara 12
jonathan rhys meyers save tara 13

Christopher Polk/Getty

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

I BET YOU THAT THIS TARA SH*T WILL BE SAVED, BUT THE JENA 6 GUYS WON’T! U KNOW WHY? IT IS WHITE GUYS BEHIND IT! YAHHHHHHHOOOOOO, GETTI UP, TONTO! LOL

wow Towsend looks quite bad

Ban “MOVE B*TCH”.

Racist c*ntrag. Ya it will be saved because white people are behind it. So now we’re bad people because we’re intelligent and get things done? Maybe if you cry loud enough you can ruin this cause too? F*cking moron. Why can’t people like you get hit by cars. Go smoke some crack.

Save Tara.

They’re probably shagging each other.

The British establishment do not respect anything about the Irish, Scottish or Welch people for that matter, they have always been about the Monarchy and that kind of attitude is not acceptable in the 21st century.

lost_girl @ 09/23/2007 at 5:21 pm

Please Reena Hammer come back !! =/

JRM

Save Tara! @ 09/23/2007 at 5:30 pm

No. 7 Hugo..why did you mention the British? The Republic of Ireland has no links whatsoever to the British establishment. I think you may have missed 80 or so years..
In fact it’s the IRISH government who are planning to build this motorway.
Hmm! Seems like the only politician with principles here was Trevor Sargent, who was the leader of the Green Party. He quit his position to stand by his principles to save Tara.

irrelevant @ 09/23/2007 at 5:31 pm

Maybe they’re talking about Tara Reid. She does seem to need saving.

That girl looks like Kiera Knightley, as a brunette.

Yes, it’s in ireland, I was there a couple months ago. Good for JRM and Townsend. Why would they build a motrorway on top of a historic area? They have so much unused land.

food for thought @ 09/23/2007 at 6:10 pm

MOVE B*TCH! : 09/23/2007 at 5:05 pm
4) you cshould get smothered by black @ss! so you could shut the f*ck up! and not all white people are intelligent.. I guess John wayne gacy was intelligent, oh wait..what about TED bundy…ooohhh wait what about DAVID koresh? yeah, those people was highly intelligent! and I am not going anywhere! Why can’t people like you just stay barefooted on the farm, and inpregnate your cousins! KEEP all of you F*Ckers in the shed, where you belong! Stinky Ass pig!

GO SMOKE METH, make it in front of your kids..like all of you white trash do! SAVE jena 6! hang trash from trees! starting with MAGNUM LICKER!

————————————————————————–

You’re making yourself sound ignorant and racist.

Jocasta666 @ 09/23/2007 at 6:15 pm

I think you two arguing sonsabitches do this bullshit just to ruin this site for everyone else. You officially ruined it for me. Thanks ass holes. Now go to bed…you have school tomorrow.

You can’t stand who you see here, various ******** pick fights for MONTHS and this **** just got stale.

Sorry Jared – I’ll just have to get my Brangelina fix elsewhere.

And make note that people who just enjoy net surfin’ don’t need this ******* ****.
What this site needs is a moderator and quick.

Oh wait, that’s okay, you just fell off my favorite list.

Hey, dude…not the site’s fault.
Name-callin’ is one thing, but on every single THREAD?
Come on, you know this will kill your site, Jared. You’ve worked too hard to allow trolls to keep the pot roiling.

Personally, I gave you 8 months.

That’s enuf, jesus, I have a life and could probably do without the unnecessary rancor.

It doesn’t even matter anymore who started what.

Your site just reminded me of why I stopped going to parties 20 years ago.

And yes…I’ve been invited for the last 20 years. But this site is full of shitheads who remind me of drunken shitheads at parties I went to some 30 years ago…

It’s pathetic.

And pathetic that I have to post that.

I’m embarrassed for the arguing posters on this thread; the idea of a thread is to keep to the ******* subject…not start **** by dragging in other things you’re pissed off about.

You ******* youngsters give me a pain in my ass!

I hate you – all of you haters – for doing this to such a great site.

Good luck Jared.
Good luck and goodnight.

JoC

OMG…check out the hottest pix of David Beckham at http://www.illbustdatass.com (not for the faint of heart)

No 5 Regina, you are talking about Jonathan and the brunette right? Because YES, they are indeed shagging each other. She is his new girlfriend. Thank God ugly Rena Hammer is history.

That’s the M3 not the M1-maybe this caused SOME of the confusion regarding where the Hill of Tara is located. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is IRISH. What a protest of this nature has to do with Jena I’m not entirely sure. I will say that I firmly believe if EVERYONE stood up for their concerns both global and local, the world would be a much better place. So good for the people who are concerned about Tara being destoyed standing up and doing something! I don’t think blasting people on a gossip blog is going to do ANYTHING for the Jena 6. Why not take some action of your own regarding this issue?

A person who eat food @ 09/23/2007 at 8:20 pm

Duuudee, where’s my car?

the_original_nika @ 09/23/2007 at 8:28 pm

double hotness. who’s that lady friend? hhhmm…
save tara people.

Jared you should post the link to the petition people can sign to also help save the hill! I signed it a year ago and I am glad to see the fight is still going strong!
Stu, does look kinda haggered though! :(
As always Jon looks lovely!!

Damn I thought I was the only one who thought they were trying to save Tara Reid. lol. Seriously, does anyone actually find Townsand goodlooking? (besides Charlize). I personally dont at all.

He broke up with Reena a while ago. Shortly after rehab I believe, maybe even before. He was recently out with Tudor co-star Rachel Kavanagh, but this is not her. I don’t know who she is. Someone new I guess, lol.

Thanks for the pics Jared! Can’t get enough of JRM!!!! Do more!

She also attended the Electric Picnic with him, I might add.

remember da truth @ 09/24/2007 at 7:41 am

Remember, no one forces you to read every single post.

That being said, these people do need to be blocked. If they aren’t contributing, why have them here? Oh yeah, Jared loves his hits. That’s why even when he blocks someone known to be a troublemaker, he feels “bad” and lets them back in.

Jared will make a terrible parent if everytime someone being punished for bad behavior asks to have the punishment removed because they don’t like it! That’s the point! Keep the boards clean by removing the sickos, and STICK TO IT, Jared! You will get many more hits that way. For every one person who tells you that your site is degenerating think how many just stop posting, or would be posting more and not just looking at the pictures and leaving?

remember da truth @ 09/24/2007 at 7:42 am

Stuart is better looking than Jonathan!

Can someone give more info on this subject? What part of Ireland is Tara in? What are the historical sites? What alternatives could the motorway use?

magnus MFA @ 09/24/2007 at 9:51 pm

String the ‘Jena 6′ up and burn them

i hate how money(and something like that must be behind the motorway project) rules the world.

save the environment and ,of course, tara!!!!

oh and jrm is hot hot hot!!…lucky girlfriend

mm…stu and jonny shagin each other – now there’s a thought!

Check out this video of Jonathan Rhys Myers being interviewed on the Hill of Tara, while protesting against the M3 motorway. For more information, please visit http://www.tarawatch.org

Does anyone know where I can get the seater/hoody on JRM?

I meant to say sweater/hoody.

The girl he’s with is Katie McGrath – she was a member of costume department on The Tudors (and had a minor guest part in the second series) and is now a fully fledged actress in her own right, playing Morgana in the BBC’s new series ‘Merlin’.

I’m from Ireland, i’ve been at the protest camp on Tara, for those of you who seem to care, Tara dates back to 2,500 bc, it was the seat of the High Kings of Ireland, it’s important to note the motorway is not actually being built ON Tara but runs through the historic valley of Skryne in which Tara lies. The valley is absolutely stuffed full of stuff, bearing in mind humans have been in the valley for what like 5,000 years, there are burial sites, tombs, henges, everyday more and more is being found. The protest is about the location of the motorway, the ehavy trafficc could seriously threaten the structural integrity of the hill, and also they are destroying every site they find and tarmacing over it. the route along which they are building id the most expensive, the least sustainable, it detours unnecessarily through the valley, many alternative chepaer routes ahve been submitted and have not even been considered, this is actually illegal in Irelnad, but obviously when you are fighting an authority who regulates an authority.
The policy the governement has adopted is to carry on building the road, no matter what, because by the time bureaucracy catches up with it, the road will be built and the government will just pay the fine, they’ve done it before, they’ve been ordered by the EU to stop construction on other roads until it has been reviewed by a court, but they carried on and hung thier hands in mock shame when they were given a slap on the wrists afterwards.
Unfortunately we are losing Tara, the historical centre of Ireland, Tara dates to 2500 BC on average two hundred years older than the pyramids of Egypt!

THE BRUNETTE IS KATIE MCGRATH!! STAR OF MERLIN ON BBC!!