"Iran So Far" SNL Digial Short

Andy Samberg enlists the help of Maroon 5′s Adam Levine and Saturday Night Live regular Fred Armisen for the latest SNL digital short, Iran So Far. Samberg serenades Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, hilariously played by Admisen. Jake Gyllenhaal is referenced in the SNL lyrics and makes a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it appearance towards the end of the short.

(FYI: Last week, during a speech at Columbia University, Ahmadinejad asserted that women are respected in Iran and stated “we don’t have homosexuals like in your country.”)

You can watch the clip at NBC.com but if that doesn’t work, try LiveLeak.com. Lyrics below!

SNL’s “Iran So Far” Lyrics

They say true love comes only once in a lifetime
And even though we’re from opposite ends of the earth
My heart tells me you’re the one for me

Mahmoud, I remember when it started, saw you on the news
You hating gays, I was eating food
I was feeling you, and even though I disagree with almost everything you said
You ain’t wrong to me, so strong to me, you belong to me
Like a very hairy Jake Gyllenhaal to me
Mahmoud, make my heart beating out of my chest
my mind says no but my body says yes
You ain’t no threat, the only threat I see, is the threat of you not coming home to me
Our love for each other is like when atoms collide
Can’t express how I feel, and yo Adam let’s ride

And Iran, Iran so far away is your home, but in my heart you’ll stay

He ran, for the president of Iran
We ran together to a tropical island
My man, Mahmoud is known for violence
Smiling, if he can still do it then I can
They call you weasel, they say your methods are medieval
You can play the Jews, I can be your Jim Caviezel

S&M, (?) when we’re wrestlin’
You can be the port that I put my vessel in
So I try to (?) but you can still see me
With your sleepy brown eyes, butter pecan thighs
And your hairy butt… Yeah.

And Iran, Iran so far away
Come home, and in my arms you’ll stay
Used to look at the stars and dream
Around the world the same stars we’re seeing
And a twinkle in your eyes Mahmoud

Talk smooth to me, in the night sky
With you pants high waisted, damn so fly
We can take a trip to the animal zoo
And laugh at all the funny things that animals do
Like Eugene, you got me straight trippin’ boo
Hope you look at my eyes and say I’m trippin’ too
You say (?) but they already do
You should know by now, it’s you

You crazy for this world Mahmoud
So give us another Holocaust all you want
But you can’t deny that there’s something between us
I know you say there’s no gays in Iran
But you’re in New York now baby
So time to stop hating and start living

FYI: Samberg won an Emmy last month with Justin Timberlake for last season’s holiday spoof “D— in a Box.”

iran so far snl 01
iran so far snl 02
iran so far snl 03
iran so far snl 04
iran so far snl 05
iran so far snl 06

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

this is so funny ..

well love or fun???

I love it. No homosexuals in Iran LOL!
Women respected!!!! Yeah right.

It may the water.

THAT WAS SOOOO FUNNY!!! ADAM LEVINE IS MAD FUG, THOUGH!! TOO BAD THEY DIDN’T HAVE JUSTIN AGAIN!

Yo this is a site for celerbrity not politics .. it can offend some ppl dont get involved into to politics and go watch his speech on youtube and u ll see all the other logical arguments he had beside these… this is just media .. cuz FOX, NBC, ABC are owned by jews and they was evry other contries to look ridiculous im not saying he didnt say somethign stupid about the homos but all the other stuff he said made ALOT of sens GO WATCH

this is so funny!!!!
u can’t believe what a disgrace it is to have him as a president!!(I’m from Iran)…He is disgusting

unimpressed @ 10/01/2007 at 2:48 pm

F-in’ hilarious!
Best skit/short whatever on SNL in a very very long time!

Hilarious! Jared, Jake also made an appearance in the video!

Jake’s cameo was hilarious

Hey Jared,

Just so you know, the lyrics that you wrote down for the lines:

“So give us another Holocaust all you want
But you can’t deny that there’s something between us…”

is actually (I’m pretty sure):

“You can deny the Holocaust all you want
But you can’t deny that there’s something between us…”

Thanks for putting up the clip!

suspicious package @ 10/01/2007 at 3:28 pm

Is it just me, or was Jakey’s appearance in that digital short his first step out of the closet? Or is he just playing into the gay rumors?

princess no one @ 10/01/2007 at 3:51 pm

I guess its happening again….the whole hate propaganda….it will be much easier now to nuke Iran I guess..hmmm..interesting.

Suspicious package, um you have a very limited mind if you need that to be some sign of him coming out of the closet or that he is playing into gay rumors.

suspicious package @ 10/01/2007 at 4:13 pm

Sorry my limited mind is offending you. I was asking a question – is he coming out or just playing into the gay rumors? I was just wondering what other people thought. Sheesh.

suspicious package @ 10/01/2007 at 4:14 pm

Oh, and I do love Jakey. He is the hotness. But if he were gay, I’d still love him and support his work.

love it
i love Adam
and this was hilarious

Jake and Adam are childhood friends
so maybe thats why he made the cameo lol

Suspicous package, I understand your question and yes Jake could be gay. I think he is the hotness and talented no matter what his sexuality. I just don’t think this is some “sign” that he is coming out. JMO.

suspicious package @ 10/01/2007 at 4:27 pm

Okay, got it. I didn’t know he was friends with Andy Samberg.

I LOVED that digital short. Hilarious and oh, so true.

Why is it every time there is something to do with Jake someone HAS to say something about him being gay. He has said he is not so why not leave at that, but no some people just have to go on and on and on about the same old CRAP.

SO FREAKING HILARIOUS. so pissed that STUPID NBC TOOK IT DOWN FROM YOUTUBE AND THE SNL WEBSITE. I LOVE IT JJ!

I believe it said “My man Mahmoud is known for WILING (cunning/trickery” not “violence” since it’s like a love song to him. lol. You can tell if you watch his lips in the video.

Maybe they will perform it again at another time or release official lyrics to it. Loooved this skit :)

Hilarious, as was the comment of #% gaga “watch his speech on youtube and u ll see all the other logical arguments he had beside these…”

All the other *logical* arguments? LOL! gaga, it’s because of people like you that has any support for the “logic” he espouses!

Yes, this is a celeb site as opposed to a political site. But obviously when a doofus like Ahmadinejad puts himself “out there” and gives fodder to humorists, there’s going to be spillover into the comedy arena. At least he’s good for something.

passing by @ 10/01/2007 at 5:03 pm

There are four people in this video, four males. Ask the question correctly, is Adam Levine coming out of the closet because he did this piece on SNL? Are the two men from SNL gay because they played in this piece and are they coming out of the closet.
Please people stop reading into everything when it comes to Jake, clearly they were doing roast on the head of IRAN and having him dress in drag only led to Jake’s performance on SNL last year in drag.

Can’t the guy just be funny, can’t the skit just be funny.
Why must you add meaning to everything Jake and thin spin it gay.

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the opus of marie antoinette as a track … graet. lyrics, great … give him another emmy

effin hilarious! andy samberg rules

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All