Halle is Berry Sorry About Anti-Semitic Remark

Halle is Berry Sorry About Anti-Semitic Remark

Halle Berry apologized last night after she made an anti-Semitic joke while taping The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Friday afternoon.

An audience member told Page Six, Halle was showing photos of herself when she said, “Here’s where I look like my Jewish cousin!” and showed a shot of herself with a huge nose.

Halle said, “I so didn’t mean to offend anybody – and after the show I realized it could be seen as offensive, so I asked Jay to take it out, and he did. What happened was I was backstage before the show and I have three girls who are Jewish who work for me. We were going through pictures to see which ones looked silly, and one of my Jewish friends said [of the picture], ‘That could be your Jewish cousin!’ And I guess it was fresh in my mind, and it just came out of my mouth. But I didn’t mean to offend anybody.”

You can watch Halle‘s appearance on Leno here (the anti-Semitic remark was cut out).

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All

She actually said that? Damn, she’s going to get a lot of HATE for that. LMAO.

Oh and I heard no one laughed and Leno said “I’m glad you said that and not me.”. LOL.

This is an anti-semitic comment? She just said she looked like her Jewish cousin. What’s anti-semitic about that? Please.

jocasta666 @ 10/23/2007 at 1:08 pm

Based on her explanation, I’ve shown my husband (yet again) that there are certain things you can say that others can’t (and everyone knows what I mean) and vice versa.

She heard this from one of her assistants and laughed … but then repeated it. I have no idea if someone Jewish had said this that it would have been offensive. I won’t venture a guess.

BUT she has to learn to think before speaking JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Mainly because she’s in a public venue, she’s famous, and a role model of sorts.

Well, to some.

And note to self: That Nazi outfit that my little female black self wore to her BFFs Halloween party back in the 1980s WAS funny. Yeah. It was the University professor who didn’t have a sense of humor. Right. My friends all laughed and thought it was cute! Uh huh. *Rolls eyes in embarrassment at youthful idiocy of self*

JoC

PS…I know: shut up.

she is very stupid (and ugly)
and not all the Jewish have a huge nose.
i am a Jewish and i find that very insulting and no i dont have a big nose.
stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here in england halle appeared on the chris moyles radio show and accused the host, chris moyles of being racist because they did a skit and he said ‘he was a big fat black american cop’ (hes an english white fat man).

Halle Berry is not an actress because of her intelligence, and we all know that!

no big deal @ 10/23/2007 at 1:11 pm

all this uptight PC stuff is ridiculous. take a joke, people! i’m of 8 different ethnicities and i laugh at every single one of them! deal!

LMAO, I remember that. When she was promoting X3. What a stupid hypocrite.

At least she apologized for it

magnus MFA @ 10/23/2007 at 1:19 pm

Get over yourselves. If her ass had looked flat and she’d said she looked like a white woman everyone would be fine.

Grow up you whiney little pricks.

It’s not like she said she bought that dress for a good price because she jewed down the store clerk.

I’m sure her “Jewish cousin’s nose” isn’t any bigger than the one Halle was born with.

halle=lame @ 10/23/2007 at 1:21 pm

she needs to just shut up and go away.tired of her.she thinks she can get away with saying ignorant stuff because she is pregnant.pretty.academy winner.no.she should get called out in the media for her comments.

thats_right @ 10/23/2007 at 1:21 pm

#5 stop whining thats what I hate about the jews god forbid if someone even says something thats its not even that insulting what the hell get over it take it easy so are you going to torture this poor woman because she said that? Is her career over now? Scince we all know that jews have the power in Hollywood, have control of the Media, control of the White House, or are you going to torture her like you did to Mel Gibson ughhhhhhhhh stop it with your anti-semetic cries I did not see anything bad and she apologised hundred times so get over it.

Oh, c’mon. Surely Halle *NOSE* better than that. She should have said “And this is *my* nose pre-plastic surgery”.

Anyway you slice it, it’s a rude comment coming from a sorta black woman who has claimed forever to be the viction of stereotyping, racism, etc.

Then again, she’s a dim bulb, that Halle.

uh oh, there goes all the good award buzz for her role. Isn’t her mom Jewish?

A lot of Jewish people do have big noses so what? It’s a common stereotype like many others. It’s not like she meant to offend anyone. People are so damn uptight and fake PC.

Halle Berry never had any good awards buzz. All of it is now going to Benicio Del Toro.

I bet the “Jews” are sorry now that they gave her that Oscar cause they thought they had to…she manipulated that scenario and she’ll manipulate this one, just like she’s manipulating that no heartbeat boy toy… isn’t he going to defend her honor???? can’t wait til he starts to speak… get your popcorn ready…

Jew4halle @ 10/23/2007 at 1:38 pm

I think Halle’s joke was funny, even as a Jewish female with a large nose. Those Jews who are offended have some kind of insecurity and need to seek help for low self-esteem. Take your anger and channel it into a better cause, like weeding out the real anti-Semites in Washington.

14 thats_rigwhy
why she is poor because she is pregnat? and jews dont rule the world get over it!! and i dont “whining” but is very irritating me that people including because i able to said bad thing about other race to but i will never do that and because is not right to said “all of …. have….”

Her nose wasn’t big before the supposed plastic surgery.

I don’t know. I have a couple of Jewish friends who make jokes like this a lot, but I get that I’m not suppose to repeat it, because I believe it would be offensive if I said it.

I’m glad she at least apologized.

She is an ******* and not even a good actress. Like tom cruise … he’s an ass but he can still act.

Ok seriously why is this offensive??? Anytime anyone sais anything about Jews they are labeled as anti-semitic. What about all those old jewish men running hollywood and creating films with black stereotypes and allowing the constant use of the word “nigga” I supposed they are labled as creative right. Double standard all the way shame on any Jew who is petty enough to make an issue out of this. Free speach does not stop with Jews, this is America, you don’t like it go to Israel where killing Palestinians is a national passtime!!!!!

i’m jewish and i think people shuldn’t take this so seriously. this comment doesn’t make her anti-semitic it’s just an unwise comment.
but i saw some comments here like “”Jewish people DO have big noses. And they’re short. Not 100% but for the most part.”" this is a stupid comment! and the man who wrote this is stupid! i don’t have big nose at all! and i’m not short!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All