Thandie Newton's Kids Day Out

Thandie Newton's Kids Day Out

Thandie Newton and her two adorable daughters — Ripley, 7, Nico, 2 1/2, spend the day at Studio City Farmer’s Market in Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon.

FYI: The British actress named her daughter Ripley after the character played by Sigourney Weaver in 1979′s Alien and Nico after the cult singer of The Velvet Underground fame. Their father is English writer and director Ol Parker, who Thandie has been married to since 1997.

In movie news, Thandie, 34, has been busy filming the Guy Ritchie-directed film RocknRolla costarring Gerard Butler and Jeremy Piven.

10+ pictures inside of Thandie and her kids

thandie newton kids 01
thandie newton kids 02
thandie newton kids 03
thandie newton kids 04
thandie newton kids 05
thandie newton kids 06
thandie newton kids 07
thandie newton kids 08
thandie newton kids 09
thandie newton kids 10

Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All

I think the little girl’s hair looks adorable. Cute kids.

angelina_mmm @ 10/29/2007 at 6:34 am

they are adorable including Thandie :)

Nico is just stunning and it looks like Ripley is very pretty too. I had no idea Thandie had children. Beautiful family!

Beautiful family!
I love the hair! If I were black, I would have a wicked mean ol’ afro. It looks so cool!
The girls, especially the older one, looks black in terms of coloring, but her features are white. Funny what happens with biracial kids.
Love them all!

These little girls are adorable! Love their hair.

Shrugging an atlas @ 10/29/2007 at 8:30 am

I love the crazy afro hair! Looks cool as, the kid should keep it!

theses kids are cute.but please bi racial is no excuse for them to look like raga-muffins. blonde fro, please make it a nice curly blonde fro. geez.reminds me of seals kids hair.

They look sad and dirty.

@32 why do it have to be curly to be nice? if she combed it out bettter, it would be good?

i agree, their hair should have been done better. as for will and jada’s kids, i think their hair is fine. i wish they would twist the lil girls hair more & leave jaden’s hair in an afro cause they look so much a like you can’t tell one from the other.

jennifer garner is sweet @ 10/29/2007 at 10:36 am

Take them to a beautician and have it permed, it looks unkept. Sad.

WOW! What a beautiful family! Thandie is just gorgeous, and her kids are so pretty! I love the hair on them!

I think Nico is my new fave celeb kid. She is stunning!

Thandie looks so pretty. Her hands look veiny though. Her kids are soo cute. It’s rare because you never see pics of them. Nico is Thandie’s mini-me and her blond afro is so funny. Very cute indeed. Ripley is very pretty too.

I do agree with some others that at least Ripley’s hair should have been braided over. It’s clearly long overdue and she’s older and I am sure she would have wanted her hair redone. Nico is younger and probably likes her hair like that. I have a bi-racial niece and she is 19 months and on rare occasions will she sit still to get her hair combed so many times her hair is left in an afro.

Anyway the kids are very pretty.

#35 she Does NOT need to relax their hair.

Not trying to get into problems, but my guess is that since Thandie is not American and she comes from a different culture; she and her girls may not have many issues regarding hair looks and grooming and self esteem. They have their whole life to get their hair done, for now, they do not need many things, they look like a happy family on a Sunday Morning.

Her kids are very cute, and she looks nice.

It’s funny to me the way Black people, and I’m Black, talk about hair.

I’m of the belief that you should manipulate a child’s hair as little as possible. No wonder this mixed kids have such long hair when they get older. Their parent’s just let it grow free, without all the braids and nonsense.

Her kids are too cute.

Francophile @ 10/29/2007 at 12:29 pm

40 aryana : 10/29/2007 at 11:31 am

Her kids are very cute, and she looks nice.

————

41 lula29 : 10/29/2007 at 11:34 am
It’s funny to me the way Black people, and I’m Black, talk about hair.

Her kids are too cute.

——

ITA with both of you !

I am Black and European and I don’t see the big deal with those children’s hair ! Their hair are beautiful the way they are andd plenty of kids Blac or White wear their hair unkept, especially mixed ones as their hair are fragile and curly and needs to grow as natural as possible to reach a certain length before treamong them !

As for the little one, I personally know a young Caucasian woman with the same type of hair …and wild hair do.

Those kids have pretty hair and the afro is just gorgeous on that beautiful kid ! They don’t need a perm ! They are too young for that and too Eueopean to be all stuck up and obssessed with hair do and perm !

The older one looks like she hasn’t had her hair combed in months, and the little one looks like she has never had her hair combed period!

#41, how does running a comb through a child’s hair constitute “manipulating it”? Biracial kids DO get their hair combed, you know? I think the majority of posters here are saying that she could have done something with the youngest kid’s hair, even something as simple as combing it, and her oldest daughter clearly needs to have her braids redone or just taken out period. You can let a child’s hair grow freely without it looking unruly and unkept. People do it all the time.

Irregardless, the youngest one is absolutely adorable.

to bree #14 and suzy #17, i’m not at all surprised thandie’s children look the way they do. remember that thandie’s mother is african (xhona, if i’m not mistaken) so i’d expect thandie’s kids to be a lot darker then say the children of an african-american biracial woman and a white man.

24 Shango_Hispanico : 10/29/2007 at 4:21 am
@ All the caucasians that don’t get it..

#1 That type of hair has to be braided. Unlike Caucasian hair, if uncombed you can just pass your hand through it, curly hair is harder to manage, no matter how mixed you are. This is the point where these girls start having issues with their identity. It is easy for them to hate themselves because of it. I KNOW IT IS HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, BUT MAYBE YOU HAVE TO BE BLACK TO GET IT..

NO, MAYBE YOU DON’T GET IT. That child’s hair does not have to be braided! I’m black with curly hair and my mother never, ever had my hair in braids. You act like braids is the only option for black people! Whatever. You sound just as ignorant as some of the other posters.

She has done something with her younger child’s hair. It’s called an afro.

I think she combed her child’s hair into an Afro. I just know most Black people are afraid of natural hair. It’s not surprising to hear mainly Black people criticize it.

Again, no wonder their hair ends up longer as they get older. Their parents weren’t afraid of their natural hair texture and allowed it to grow instead of always fiddling with it to make it more “socially acceptable”.

Gorgeous! The kids are going to stunning like their mom when they grow up!

Some people on this thread have some serious self-esteem, self-hatred issues. What’s wrong with a gorgeous nappy fro? Why does it have to be a “curly” fro to be pretty? The further removed from African hair, the better, right people?
Thandie’s children’s hair is fine. The youngest one is going to grow up to have hair like that gorgeous model from Martinique, Crystele.

And goddamn, here they are on a normal day out, Thandie herself has a scarf on her head probably because she didn’t have time to do her hair or their’s either and you guys are all up and arms.

My lord.