Angelina Jolie Pens 'Economist' Article

Angelina Jolie Pens 'Economist' Article

Angelina Jolie has penned an article for The Economist, a London-based weekly international news and business publication.

According to Britain’s The Guardian, Angie‘s article will be published tomorrow in the Economist‘s annual spin-off issue, The World in 2008. Angie‘s piece covers the “accountability for the atrocities in Darfur” and her photo byline describes her as a “goodwill ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.”

Angelina Jolie: Hollywood actress, UN goodwill ambassador, mother-of-four and now author for The Economist!

UPDATE: Here are some quotes:

– “Accountability is perhaps the only force powerful enough to break the cycle of violence and retribution that marks so many conflicts.”
– “I hope that the Sudanese government will hand over the government minister and the Janjaweed militia leader who have been indicted for war crimes (by the International Criminal Court in The Hague), and that the teenager I met in Chad will get the trial he seeks.”
– “I hope that those responsible for the atrocities in Darfur will be held to account, not only for that young man’s sake, but for the world’s.”

Photos: Win McNamee/Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 714 » Show All
malibumom @ 11/13/2007 at 1:30 pm

I can’t be first can I??

Love Angelina !!! …..Keep it up, u ‘re my idol.

Francophile @ 11/13/2007 at 1:33 pm

Great job of a beautiful, intelligent woman !

Way to go Angie !

That’s my idol!! All Around!! Love you Angie!!!
Love the Jolie- Pitts!!! =)

on the first page lol! she’s just awesomely intellignet and beautiful

angie4life @ 11/13/2007 at 1:36 pm

Love her so much for all her goood deed.
keep it on God will continue to protect you and your family.

When will she just go away!

Good for Angie!

It will almost be interesting to see what kind of twist the “unique contributors” from NL put on this. Anytime I see one of their essays circulated, it is a good laugh. A laugh directed towards the so called writers that is.

Wow! Angelina I am so proud to be your fan. God Bless you and your family. Thank you JJ for posting this thread.

wow no 12 in an angelina post!

i mean 13

Andrew/Chona

Hey, you’re the same person. You forgot to switch your writing style into broken english.

Unlike you, we root for this family !!

hottest couple ever @ 11/13/2007 at 1:41 pm

Can’t believe that I made the first page .. or did I??

He-who-shall-not-be-named @ 11/13/2007 at 1:42 pm

1st page today. :-) Thank you JJ. :-)

She’s definitely not living the Hollywood lifestyle like many others who seem to only be interested in playing & partying. Angelina doesn’t have time for all that garbage. She’s making worthwhile contributions to charities, heavily involved in the UN and penning pieces for The Economist! Way to go Angie.

He-who-shall-not-be-named @ 11/13/2007 at 1:42 pm

I think Angelina should get a Phd in a university somewhere and stop acting. It’s clear how much she wants to show her intellectuality to the UN. DRum roll for all her philantrophic deeds though!

think positive! @ 11/13/2007 at 1:43 pm

WOW!! Great news!! You go Angie!! Thanks Jared!!

bla bla bla wow, angelina is so wonderful bla bla bal, she helps bla bla bla, she donates bla bla bla

YOU GO GIRL! That’s great. I’m so proud to be a fan, she and Brad are nothing if not inspiring.

I am so proud of my girl Angie! Keep on being who you are Angie, there are millions and millions that admire and respect you and the great work you do.

Thanks Jared for the new thread.

22-RENIER- Bla bla yourself right out the door on your left. No…the other left…

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 714 » Show All