Russell Crowe to Replace Brad Pitt

Russell Crowe to Replace Brad Pitt

Universal Pictures is trying to replace Brad Pitt in State of Play with American Gangster star Russell Crowe, according to Variety.

Just this past Wednesday, it was announced that Brad dropped out of the film because of disagreements about the shooting script.

We’ll find out early this week if Russell will take on the political thriller and/or if Universal will follow-through with a lawsuit against Brad for bailing.

Nov. 29 is the last possible date Universal has before they start to lose the other actors in the film (Edward Norton, Helen Mirren, Rachel McAdams, Jason Bateman and Robin Wright Penn).

Ethan Miller/Getty

1,024 Comments

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 741 » Show All

I AM FIRST…..
IT IS NOT GOING TO WORK WELL WITH RUSS THE DRUNK AND HITTING PEOPLE WITH TELEPHONE.

THEY BETTER TRY TO GET BRAD BACK OR THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO SINK IN THE BOX OFFICE NEXT YEAR.

1ST!!! idk i lyk brad pitt much better

Crowe is a fine actor, but I guess he didn’t have a problem with the script. Pitt tends to pick great projects. Hope Crowe doesn’t come to regret it…..

WHAT?????????? this can’t be real, I am dreaming. Rusel Crowe can never be compared to Brad, nor the talent, not the look….. please don’t let this happen, I miss seeing Brad in a really good movie. I Love Brad!!! and Angelina. Talking about Angelina, there are some photos of her http://www.7gfb.com/?p=744 grabing bananas from a box … and playing with them (I am joking about playing). Eva http://www.7gfb.com

Shimmeringdew @ 11/26/2007 at 9:58 am

Russ has anger issues indeed but it doesn’t take away from his ability to act well. Brad would sell a lot more yes.
I just dont think the movie will be as strong without Brad.

would you want to work with cr @ 11/26/2007 at 10:04 am

He garnered a professional reputation for being a creative bully nearly impossible to work with unless you were Ron Howard.

In 2002 he got into a physical altercation with BAFTA producer Malcolm Gerrie after his tribute to Richard Harris was cut for broadcast.

During the filming of A Beautiful Mind he made an obscene gesture to a Princeton photographer.

In 1999 he was involved in a saloon brawl in his homeland of Australia.

And in his career peak, in June of 2005 he was arrested and charged with second-degree assault for throwing a telephone at a hotel employee who refused to help him place a call. The civil lawsuit was settled for $100,000 and Crowe’s new critic had to be treated for a facial laceration.

Good morning, BAMPZS fans!

Jared, thanks for the new thread. I completely missed out on the old threads because of the holidays, but am just now catching up.

Russell Crowe? I know he is an excellent actor (with anger management issues) who quite possibly could do well in this role, but if Brad had issues with the script, why would another A-lister just accept the role? It’s not like Russell is hurting for movie roles.

Hi there, Judy Judy! How was your thanksgiving? Yes, dear, if you are lurking, hugs and kisses to my sweet friend. Was out of the JustJared loop for a few days, but now that I am reading back on the old threads, I just realized I didn’t miss anything. JustJared is still inhabited by trolls who cream at the thought of a “break-up” and spin their fantasy stories, expecting us to believe them. Yawn!!!

Sorry, hit send before I was finished. Or even started for that fact. Hi to Guli, MF, Sherri, AddictedtoBAMPZS, Briseis, hahahaha, and whomever else I may be forgetting. It has been more difficult that I thought to get back in the swing of things after my friends sudden death. Have spent MANY an afternoon in my robe. But I know my kids need me, so I am slowly joining the land of the living again. Have been lurking for a while, but I am hoping to able to join some conversations again. I must say, JJ has a great group of intelligent and kind women and I have missed you all. Look forward to chatting with you all today. Will be in and out.

Crowe can act; he was great in “L.A. Confidential”, but there’s no way north of Hell I’d ever work with him. Too many anger management issues.

Brad was right to leave if the script Sux.

This movie will tank without Mr. Pitt.

Alexanderina @ 11/26/2007 at 10:10 am

Thanks Jared for the new thread, I really can’t see RC in this role but I guess we have to wait and see if it takes it

Oh, Judy Judy, I just read your post after mine … I am so sorry about your friend. You have my condolences.

Gotta go to my income tax classes in a few minutes, but will be back this afternoon. Hope you will still be here.

Russell is a very talented actor and he seems to have come to terms with his anger problems.

I didn’t want to see my Braddy slobbering all over Robin Wright Penn anyway…

Please, please let a Brad and Angie sex tape surface somewhere, somehow…

Briseis:
I will be lurking on and off today. But I will look for your posts and we can catch up! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!Missed you guys- and I get you. The haters are still here making asses of themselves. Some things will never change.

OMG. Why does this have to be a Pitt vs. Crowe issue? Lighten up. Actors ditch projects all the time and others pick them up. It’s not necessary to tear either of them down. They’re both good actors. Although, honestly, I can’t imagine Crowe picking it up if there really are script problems.

groundcontrol @ 11/26/2007 at 10:25 am

This is a lot more complicated than just replacing an actor. Pitt’s action is very supportive of the striking writers. Any actor who takes Pitt’s place at this point while the strike is still on will be seen as a strike breaker or at the least not caring about the writers.

Crowe has enough problems in Hollywood. He doesn’t need to be regarded as a scab. Good luck to him ever again getting any Oscar votes from the writers’ branch of AMPAS (almost 400 votes).

Crowe is also pretty well known for also demanding changes in scripts and insisting on being a part of the directing decisions. The problem is that while the strike is on there can be no changes in the scripts can be made. When these movies come out and there is any variation from the set shooting script, the studios will have violated the union contract.

The only way I can see Crowe taking this now is if he is still desperate to get work. He may be this desperate. He has had a really hard time getting back into the good graces of Hollywood and now when it looks like he is earning his way back with some recent good work, this wouldn’t be the smartest move.

I love how these studios care about nothing but money. I also love how Jared is buying the BS that the studios are spinning on this movie. Jared, come on, man, don’t let yourself be part of the studio spin. You’re better than that.

England/UK Fans

Tuesday: 2007 Film with Jonathan Ross, interview with Brad on BBC 2 or 1 :D

Thursday: BRAD PITT DAY, see Brad’s movies all day on FilmFour :)

England/UK Fans

Tuesday: 2007 Film with Jonathan Ross, interview with Brad on BBC 2 or 1 @ 11pm :D

Thursday: BRAD PITT DAY, see Brad’s movies all day on FilmFour :)

think positive! @ 11/26/2007 at 10:26 am

I think RC is a very good actor. I really liked him in ‘Beautiful mind’. I’ve heard that he is not very tolerating and that he is not the greatest person to work with but that’s something UP has to deal with if he takes the part.

Brad had a script approval contract and he never violated anything. UP just couldn’t wait for the strike to end.

Brad is out of this mess that wouldn’t have been created if UP waited a bit longer so the script will be rewritten to what it was at first.

If they want to rush and shoot a movie with a problematic script then they’ll have to deal with what comes along.

Thanks Jared for the new thread.

Orange Clockwork @ 11/26/2007 at 10:27 am

Eva, are you serious? Pitt is a terrible actor.

I hope is true @ 11/26/2007 at 10:28 am

I hope russell takes the part. That way universal has no reason to sue brad just because he stood up for what he believed to be a bad script.

Crowe is a much better actor than Brad no one will argue that State of Play will me so much better with him people calling him a bully an saying he has anger management issues because they cant say anything bad about his acting ability stop hating on crowe he better than brad let him live

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 741 » Show All