Nicole Richie: My Baby Won't Get Tattoos

Nicole Richie: My Baby Won't Get Tattoos

Eight-months pregnant Nicole Richie sits down with Access Hollywood‘s Billy Bush to talk about her pregnancy and the future of her baby. Here are some great interview snippets:

On whether or not her kid is going to get tattoos: “I actually have a theory. I think that whether we have a boy or a girl, they’re going to be so embarrassed of Joel’s tattoos and my tattoos, because I have nine, because you never want to like your parents. Does that make sense? [Joel] has sleeves. I really think that they’re going to be embarrassed because he’s their dad, so I have a feeling that they just won’t get them. At least that’s what I hope.”

On tying the knot with Joel Madden: “Eventually, yeah. Well, look how much has happened this year. I mean, just let me rest a little bit, you know. I gotta hold something for when I get older. I can’t have everything happen all in one year.”

On not being able to choose a name: “[Joel and I] can’t agree on one. But I figure I’ll be in the hospital for at least a day, so I’ll figure it out then.”

More Q&A with Nicole and access to the video inside…

Access Hollywood’s Nicole Richie Interview

On knowing the sex of the baby: “We don’t know actually. We’re waiting to find out, which has been a lot harder on me than it has on Joel because I’m so nosy. I like to know everything… If he wasn’t at every doctor’s appointment, I probably would have found out by now just behind his back and not told him. But he’s been in the room every time so I haven’t really had a chance to sneak away and ask the doctor!”

On first finding out she was pregnant: “I didn’t believe it. I was in such shock. I took about five different tests and then I made my best friend take a test because I knew she wasn’t and then we compared them. I was like, ‘No.’ And then I called Joel, and he kind of knew –- that’s what’s so weird. I told him and he was not surprised at all. His tone didn’t change one bit. We had to do it over the phone because he was in Europe and I was over here. He was so excited right off the bat.”

On repairing the relationships with her parents: “When I found out that I was pregnant, there was just something inside of me that felt a responsibility to mend any issues that I’ve had with my parents in the past, because, listen, I’ve put them through a lot.”

On father Lionel Richie’s reaction to her pregnancy: “Of course, a father’s first reaction… he was quiet and didn’t really know what to think. I just said, ‘Okay, so that’s the news, so call me tomorrow.’ You know, I like to give him a day whenever I give him news. He called me the next day and was so excited and now he just doesn’t stop. It’s all he talks about, actually. He has all these names that he’s ready for the baby to call him in substitute of grandpa, because he doesn’t like grandpa.”

On one of the first things she’s going to eat after giving birth: “Sushi is the hardest thing I’ve had to give up. It’s my favorite food. I was going maybe four or five nights a week. I cannot wait. I’m so excited.”

Watch Nicole‘s interview at Access Hollywood.

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Good for you Nic.keep making improvements.:smile:

aj& bp fanatic @ 11/28/2007 at 7:28 am

I saw that interview she has matured so much. Nicole was glowing. Whe I had my first I was the same way, I wanted to be surprised about the sex, but I knew.

***********************
Go Nicole,heal,let it go.Life is short.
PS.stay away from herplex.

i really like nicole; but what she said about tattoos is just .. weird. for me at least; my dad has sleeves, and my mom has 12 tattoos; i was in love with my fathers arms when i was a kid, they were so colorful and fun! it never embarrassed me that my parents have tattos! i’m 19 now and i have 6 tattoos already.
have an open mind nicole! why do you get to have tattoos and your kids don’t?

She sounds so much older. I hope she can stick with it. I’ve always been a fan. Good luck to her.

She has always been a sweetheart but coupled with Paris – she brings out everything that is superficial in Nicole. Let’s face it – we all have our superficial side and if we hang around superficial people we end up talking like them, and being like them.

I should know!

I have no friends now lol…

How hot is it that Joel knew she was pregnant before she did. :)
The man always notices the changes in your body instantly before the woman. i love it.
Can’t wait to meet this baby. Wishing her the best with the delivery and the baby and Joel

She is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember da truth @ 11/28/2007 at 8:15 am

Hey n bazz #5, it’s not werid at all. She didn’t say she wouldn’t allow it, but thought her kids wouldn’t want to copy their parents.
It’s a fad now to get tattoos, but most people (not all, depends on your reasons for getting one) who have gotten tattoos end up regretting it after about ten years. You’re still very, very young and have the same fascination for them that you did when you were a small child. Nicole is older and wiser now, and unless there is a deep personal meaning, most tattoos become just a fashion accessory that make no sense a decade later, and she has learned that.

[b]I was like, ‘No.’ And then I called Joel, and he kind of knew –- that’s what’s so weird. I told him and he was not surprised at all.[/b]

My favorite quote. I agree Dean, its so romantic that Joel knew before she did. I love this couple. HOT!

Number 5 I hear ya.But num 9 you are right ITA. Also I’m just happy Nicole has turned her life around. It’s nice to hear. So many celebs still doing the same o, well maybe they will catch a hint. Luv Nicole,can’t wait to hear what they name the baby.

Johnny Depp rocks @ 11/28/2007 at 8:46 am

For me, Nicole seems to be the type of friend whose fun, comfortable to be around,puts a smile on your face,keeps you laughing.She has a wicked sense of humor.More of a giver. Her fashion sense is a bonus.This is what I see.
Unlike the sheer legging wearinng Parasite.PH I feel,jmo,is a all about me personna.

Nicole is a baby mama–Que Lastima!

A new take on celebrity gossip!

I’m so happy for her she seems to have find happiness.

I am 28 my husband is 30 we have 2 girls 6 and 8 , and my husband is sleeved and has many other places also ,i also have a few and my kids are not embaressed at all they love his tattoos, mine you can’t see as often but they actually wear those fake tattoos all the time. So I am sure nicole’s kids won’t feel one way or the other about it they will love him and his tats cause he’s there daddy and that is what counts

Salma's baby is a beauty @ 11/28/2007 at 9:44 am

Joel knew hahaa men- love em’-most of em’ anyways, haaa.

Hey Lady#7 I’ll be your friend. We can change that around,gurl let’s hang out.:smile:
Remember da truth you have such great posts. I enjoy reading them:smile:.
Well I like Nic,always have.I am one* who read her book.It was actually enlightening on the why,how ect..on her life. Really she is a good egg.I do hope much happiness for her.:smile:

Violets Auntie @ 11/28/2007 at 9:46 am

I regret having tatoos and want to have them removed. It was a rash act on my part and not something I would do again. And definitely would not encourage my little girl to get any, until she’s 18 and realizes the consequences.

Yeah my mom has sleeves & my dad has none. At first I admit I was taken aback sort of, by my moms arms, butloved her tatoo arms too& loved her bunches& never said a word to let her know though.Later I dedicated 3 tatoos to my mom&dad&sis.
Nicole is open minded,so that’s a good thing. Even though my mom has tatoos,when I got my first she just ask me to give it much though be4 doing. She was so proud of the ones I chose.Their small and on my back.Nicole is the type of mom who is open minded.

Stop posting things about her, until the baby is born! Than show us the first pics of the baby! Can’t wait to see how the “MaddenRichie” baby is going to look like!!

LOL, it surprised me this chick can grab any air time at all. I really can’t think of anyone else that has gotten this type of attention simply because she’s pregnant. Take away her mealticket (her last name)and I strongly doubt anyone will have heard of her.

I would understand a lot better if she were promoting something she was working on. An interview to ask her about something that many women all over the world experience? I guess Access was pressed for news.

she’s prettier now she’s pregnant!and i think it’s a great thing for her and she can be a good mom even if i didn’t like her before..

she’s an idiot!

the world don't need to see yo @ 11/28/2007 at 12:36 pm

5 n.bazz : 11/28/2007 at 7:35 am

have an open mind nicole! why do you get to have tattoos and your kids don’t?
****************************
Maybe you are the weird one. You are the weird one who is ok with tatooed-freak parents, most kids are not ok with it.
You can’t tell Nicole how to feel about her concerns about how she and Joel’s child will take to their tatooed bodies.

I think she is learning and growing and it is good to see

Nicole sounds mature and bubbly. That young lady has made me laugh so much when I watched her on ‘The Simple Life’(she’s the only reason I watch it),couldnt stomach the ska..nk Pillton.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All