Brad & Angelina Continue New Orleans Housing Efforts

Brad & Angelina Continue New Orleans Housing Efforts

Brad Pitt shares a laugh on Saturday with Janice Porter, whose family had a home in the Lower 9th Ward, in the flood-ravaged neighborhood of New Orleans, Louisiana. Angelina Jolie and daughter Zahara were also nearby to lend their support.

Brad is expected to announce more details of his affordable housing “Make it Right” project @ 11AM EST Monday. More than 100 affordable, ecologically sound homes will be built in the coming months. On Nov. 9, at the Clinton Global Initiative in Manhattan, Brad pledged $5 million to the project, challenging others to match his largess.

Cute snippet from the New Orleans Times-Picayune about Brad, Angelina and the kids: “Jolie caught up with Pitt a half-block closer to the river as he was bicycling around the surrealistic site in a gray sweatshirt and cap. He posed for a photograph with an admirer and watched the children splash their feet in a puddle. Then he peddled off.”

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 724 » Show All

1st they are so nice!

Keep up the good work! Thanks Jared. I so missed them here.

African Girl @ 12/02/2007 at 4:12 pm

Bravo to the JPs. It does a heart good to see the JPs doing what they love to do, no?

Thanks Jared and a Happy Sunday to all BAMPZS Fans out there.

love this family…

Thanks for the update Just Jared. It is good to see BP and “Make it Right” continue the building of houses for the Lower Ninth Ward. I am looking forward to BP announcing more details on the Project. Thanks for all the pictures and videos. Peace to all.

You know, I applaud their efforts, but what makes me so mad, is the way they drag their kids everywhere. Those poor kids have no roots, no sense of security and calm being in a home that’s consistent and stable. Children need that more than being drug all over world. Just an opinion from a mom of 3…….

That’s why they’re rockstars!

That’s why they’re rockstars!

Dirty Denise @ 12/02/2007 at 4:16 pm

Hi to all of you fellow Jolie-Pitt fans. I am happy to see Miss Zee. I haven’t see her in a while.

go sox @ 12/02/2007 at 4:14 pm – mind your business…. keep your kids at home the rest of their live; we don’t give a sh*t but let the J-P raise their kids the way they want to

Thanks for the new thread Jared.

Big kudos to the Jolie-Pitts for everything they are doing for NOLA. Keep on doing good work no matter what some try to say or do to cast a negative light upon you.

Princess Zee has her finger in her mouth just like her mommy. Too cute!

hottest couple ever @ 12/02/2007 at 4:18 pm

Hello to all the fans. Happy Sunday.

Hi AG! 5 million (WOW) Brad is a good man.

Love the Jolie-Pitts!

Hey ‘Go Sox’, hope you’re Chicago and not Boston because I like boston and you’re an embarrasment.

not beautiful without make up !
it’s good that they support those people !

Passing Through @ 12/02/2007 at 4:23 pm

From the previous thread…

# 880 happy happy Brad @ 12/02/2007 at 3:56 pm http://blog.nola.com/living/2007/12/so_what_are_those_big_pink_hou.html

Updated story with pixs.

+++++++++++++++++

Something just occured to me about this story – the pink houses as stand-ins for the homes to be built…Anybody else hear Mellencamp’s “Pink Houses” in their head when they read this story? It’s actually a very fitting song for what Brad is trying to do in NO. It should be what America is about…instead of us being the world’s b#tch…

There’s a black man with a black cat
Living in a black neighbourhood
Hes got an interstate runnin through his front yard
You know, he think, that hes got it so good
And theres a woman in the kitchen cleanin up the evening slop
And he looks at her and says: hey darling, I can remember when you could stop a clock

Chorus:
Oh but aint that america for you and me
Aint that america were someting to see baby
Aint that america, home of the free
Little pink houses for you and me

Well theres a young man in a t-shirt
Listening to a rockin rollin station
Hes got a greasy hair, greasy smile
He says: lord, this must be my destination
cuz they told me, when I was younger
Boy, youre gonna be president
But just like everyting else, those old crazy dreams
Just kinda came and went

Chorus:
Oh but aint that america for you and me
Aint that america were someting to see baby
Aint that america, home of the free
Little pink houses for you and me

Well theres people and more people
What do they know know know
Go to work in some high rise
And vacation down at the gulf of mexico
Ohhh yeah
And theres winners, and theres losers
But they aint no big deal
cuz the simple man baby pays for the thrills,
The bills and the pills that kill

Chorus:
Oh but aint that america for you and me
Aint that america were someting to see baby
Aint that america, home of the free
Little pink houses for you and me

Oh but aint that america for you and me
Aint that america were someting to see baby
Aint that america, home of the free
Little pink houses for you and me

African Girl @ 12/02/2007 at 4:23 pm

# 8 go sox @ 12/02/2007 at 4:14
Are they with their parents?
When they go to sleep is daddy the last face they see?
When they wake up is mommy’s face the first they see?
When they go downstairs for breakfast, are mommy and daddy waiting for them? If that isn’t stability….I honestly don’t know what is.

Oy! I guess we have to go through the whole stability knowing that mommy and daddy are always around and not seeing the same four walls for the rest of your life….lecture again. Any takers…I’m sorry, I’m just too lazy to get into that today.

Kindergarten @ 12/02/2007 at 4:24 pm

I don’t understand why first page is so important, but I am on it.

I use to think Angie was hot and wild but I’ve come to believe she is just a big old sweety-pie…served piping hot.

PEOPLE FROM NOLA NOT HAPPY @ 12/02/2007 at 4:24 pm

9th Ward, 9th Ward, 9th Ward. I am so sick of hearing about the 9th Ward. It’s been over 2 years and all we hear about is the 9th Ward. They need to rename it the 39th Ward and move it 30 blocks towards the Lake. In addition Brad and Angelina need to go back to Cali as he has NO idea of the element that he is messing with. Take, Take and Take with no mention of Work, Work, Work. Lets’ help the people who take pride in their city such as St. Bernard, Chalmette and the Lakefront. If you look in those areas today your see development with kids enjoying their front porches and not sitting on them with their hands out! No wonder why the feds won’t send any money down here. It might end up in someone’s freezer. Oh and what a way to ask for it right after the storm from our wonderful Mayor, “Get yo asses down here”. Or from our Sanitation Director, “We have to scrub up the data” What the hell is that?

go sox @ 12/02/2007 at 4:14 pm
_______________

If you are a mom, you will know that roots, security and calm doesn’t comes from the place you’re living, but from your family.

It occurred to me that Brad has never missed any of Angie’s premieres so far; TGS, AMH, and Beowulf, be it in the US or outside the US.

Whereas with Jennifer, he missed quite a lot!

In 2004, he dint go with JA for Along came Polly premiere in London and Paris, and promo in Rome.

In 2003, Brad didnt attend the premier of Bruce Almighty in Los Angeles

In June 2002, Brad also did not attend The Good Girl Premiere in LA. He only attended the Industry screening in Aug 2002 and the one in Sundance.

But jennifer attended all Brad’s film premieres up to Troy in 2004, except the latter part of 2004 for O12.

PEOPLE FROM NOLA NOT HAPPY - P @ 12/02/2007 at 4:26 pm

I’m glad that one Mr. Pitt is helping. But What about the people of Chalmette. We lost more then lower ninth ward. Ever home was flooded. Which there was a population of 67,000. How many lived in 9th ward?????????? We are suffering in Chamette to. I guess we just don’t exist. Just like after Katrina. But we do and someone needs to stand up for us. WE ARE HUMAN ALSO.

Haters united @ 12/02/2007 at 4:27 pm

Rally cry:
Let’s make BP $5M poorer.

How?
By donating to his NOLA project. The more you give, the more he has to match your donation with his own money.

What are the rewards?
-BP is poorer by $5M (yeah!)
-You did a good deed, and God will reward you.
-A resident of the 9th Ward gets help in the process.

It’s a win-win situation. ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 724 » Show All