Brad & Angelina Continue New Orleans Housing Efforts

Brad & Angelina Continue New Orleans Housing Efforts

Brad Pitt shares a laugh on Saturday with Janice Porter, whose family had a home in the Lower 9th Ward, in the flood-ravaged neighborhood of New Orleans, Louisiana. Angelina Jolie and daughter Zahara were also nearby to lend their support.

Brad is expected to announce more details of his affordable housing “Make it Right” project @ 11AM EST Monday. More than 100 affordable, ecologically sound homes will be built in the coming months. On Nov. 9, at the Clinton Global Initiative in Manhattan, Brad pledged $5 million to the project, challenging others to match his largess.

Cute snippet from the New Orleans Times-Picayune about Brad, Angelina and the kids: “Jolie caught up with Pitt a half-block closer to the river as he was bicycling around the surrealistic site in a gray sweatshirt and cap. He posed for a photograph with an admirer and watched the children splash their feet in a puddle. Then he peddled off.”

Just Jared on Facebook
Photos: Doug MacCash
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Celebrity Babies, Zahara Jolie Pitt

Getty
  • Rachel McAdams is spotted on a rare outing with boyfriend Jamie Linden - US Weekly
  • Another Olympian is coming to Ryan Lochte's defense - TMZ
  • Bella Thorne's coming out as bisexual had nothing to do with Kristen Stewart - Gossip Cop
  • Did Sofia Richie spend her 18th birthday with Justin Bieber? - Just Jared Jr
  • Kate Gosselin sends one of her sons away to a "special needs" school - Radar
  • Did Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston get into their first fight? - Lainey Gossip
  • Donald Trump isn't impressed with Hillary Clinton's celebrity endorsements - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Dina

• http://justjared.com fantad

1st they are so nice!

• Sylvette

Keep up the good work! Thanks Jared. I so missed them here.

• African Girl

Bravo to the JPs. It does a heart good to see the JPs doing what they love to do, no?

Thanks Jared and a Happy Sunday to all BAMPZS Fans out there.

• Bella

love this family…

Thanks JJ

• bdj

Thanks for the update Just Jared. It is good to see BP and “Make it Right” continue the building of houses for the Lower Ninth Ward. I am looking forward to BP announcing more details on the Project. Thanks for all the pictures and videos. Peace to all.

• go sox

You know, I applaud their efforts, but what makes me so mad, is the way they drag their kids everywhere. Those poor kids have no roots, no sense of security and calm being in a home that’s consistent and stable. Children need that more than being drug all over world. Just an opinion from a mom of 3…….

• fyi

That’s why they’re rockstars!

• fyi

That’s why they’re rockstars!

• Dirty Denise

Hi to all of you fellow Jolie-Pitt fans. I am happy to see Miss Zee. I haven’t see her in a while.

• QQQQ

go sox @ 12/02/2007 at 4:14 pm – mind your business…. keep your kids at home the rest of their live; we don’t give a sh*t but let the J-P raise their kids the way they want to

• Lady G

Thanks for the new thread Jared.

Big kudos to the Jolie-Pitts for everything they are doing for NOLA. Keep on doing good work no matter what some try to say or do to cast a negative light upon you.

Princess Zee has her finger in her mouth just like her mommy. Too cute!

• hottest couple ever

Hello to all the fans. Happy Sunday.

Hi AG! 5 million (WOW) Brad is a good man.

Love the Jolie-Pitts!

• neil

Hey ‘Go Sox’, hope you’re Chicago and not Boston because I like boston and you’re an embarrasment.

• ral

not beautiful without make up !
    it’s good that they support those people !

• Passing Through

From the previous thread…

# 880 happy happy Brad @ 12/02/2007 at 3:56 pm http://blog.nola.com/living/2007/12/so_what_are_those_big_pink_hou.html

Updated story with pixs.

+++++++++++++++++

Something just occured to me about this story – the pink houses as stand-ins for the homes to be built…Anybody else hear Mellencamp’s “Pink Houses” in their head when they read this story? It’s actually a very fitting song for what Brad is trying to do in NO. It should be what America is about…instead of us being the world’s b#tch…

There’s a black man with a black cat
    Living in a black neighbourhood
    Hes got an interstate runnin through his front yard
    You know, he think, that hes got it so good
    And theres a woman in the kitchen cleanin up the evening slop
    And he looks at her and says: hey darling, I can remember when you could stop a clock

Chorus:
    Oh but aint that america for you and me
    Aint that america were someting to see baby
    Aint that america, home of the free
    Little pink houses for you and me

Well theres a young man in a t-shirt
    Listening to a rockin rollin station
    Hes got a greasy hair, greasy smile
    He says: lord, this must be my destination
    cuz they told me, when I was younger
    Boy, youre gonna be president
    But just like everyting else, those old crazy dreams
    Just kinda came and went

Chorus:
    Oh but aint that america for you and me
    Aint that america were someting to see baby
    Aint that america, home of the free
    Little pink houses for you and me

Well theres people and more people
    What do they know know know
    Go to work in some high rise
    And vacation down at the gulf of mexico
    Ohhh yeah
    And theres winners, and theres losers
    But they aint no big deal
    cuz the simple man baby pays for the thrills,
    The bills and the pills that kill

Chorus:
    Oh but aint that america for you and me
    Aint that america were someting to see baby
    Aint that america, home of the free
    Little pink houses for you and me

Oh but aint that america for you and me
    Aint that america were someting to see baby
    Aint that america, home of the free
    Little pink houses for you and me

• African Girl

# 8 go sox @ 12/02/2007 at 4:14
    Are they with their parents?
    When they go to sleep is daddy the last face they see?
    When they wake up is mommy’s face the first they see?
    When they go downstairs for breakfast, are mommy and daddy waiting for them? If that isn’t stability….I honestly don’t know what is.

Oy! I guess we have to go through the whole stability knowing that mommy and daddy are always around and not seeing the same four walls for the rest of your life….lecture again. Any takers…I’m sorry, I’m just too lazy to get into that today.

• Kindergarten

I don’t understand why first page is so important, but I am on it.

• neil

I use to think Angie was hot and wild but I’ve come to believe she is just a big old sweety-pie…served piping hot.

• PEOPLE FROM NOLA NOT HAPPY

9th Ward, 9th Ward, 9th Ward. I am so sick of hearing about the 9th Ward. It’s been over 2 years and all we hear about is the 9th Ward. They need to rename it the 39th Ward and move it 30 blocks towards the Lake. In addition Brad and Angelina need to go back to Cali as he has NO idea of the element that he is messing with. Take, Take and Take with no mention of Work, Work, Work. Lets’ help the people who take pride in their city such as St. Bernard, Chalmette and the Lakefront. If you look in those areas today your see development with kids enjoying their front porches and not sitting on them with their hands out! No wonder why the feds won’t send any money down here. It might end up in someone’s freezer. Oh and what a way to ask for it right after the storm from our wonderful Mayor, “Get yo asses down here”. Or from our Sanitation Director, “We have to scrub up the data” What the hell is that?

• juju

go sox @ 12/02/2007 at 4:14 pm
    _______________

If you are a mom, you will know that roots, security and calm doesn’t comes from the place you’re living, but from your family.

• xtrolls

It occurred to me that Brad has never missed any of Angie’s premieres so far; TGS, AMH, and Beowulf, be it in the US or outside the US.

Whereas with Jennifer, he missed quite a lot!

In 2004, he dint go with JA for Along came Polly premiere in London and Paris, and promo in Rome.

In 2003, Brad didnt attend the premier of Bruce Almighty in Los Angeles

In June 2002, Brad also did not attend The Good Girl Premiere in LA. He only attended the Industry screening in Aug 2002 and the one in Sundance.

But jennifer attended all Brad’s film premieres up to Troy in 2004, except the latter part of 2004 for O12.

• PEOPLE FROM NOLA NOT HAPPY – PART 2

I’m glad that one Mr. Pitt is helping. But What about the people of Chalmette. We lost more then lower ninth ward. Ever home was flooded. Which there was a population of 67,000. How many lived in 9th ward?????????? We are suffering in Chamette to. I guess we just don’t exist. Just like after Katrina. But we do and someone needs to stand up for us. WE ARE HUMAN ALSO.

• Haters united

Rally cry:
    Let’s make BP $5M poorer.

How?
    By donating to his NOLA project. The more you give, the more he has to match your donation with his own money.

What are the rewards?
    -BP is poorer by $5M (yeah!)
    -You did a good deed, and God will reward you.
    -A resident of the 9th Ward gets help in the process.

It’s a win-win situation. ;)

• juju

ral @ 12/02/2007 at 4:20 pm
    not beautiful without make up!
    ____________________
    :lol::lol:
    Let me guess: You use glasses an forgotten to put them on?

• Dirty Denise

go sox @ 12/02/2007 at 4:14 pm

*****************************
    They are not your children, you are not supporting them and you don’t have a thing to say about how they raise them. IT’S NOT YOUR BUSINESS!

• lilo

my ange and my brad!!!! luv them

• kawaii630

TO ALL BAMPZ FAN; CNN will have a live interview with Brad Pitt on Wed, Dec 5 @ 8:00PM or 9:00PM pacific time, pleaase check your CNN TV schedules. They will talk about NOLA project and of course Larry King will ask about his wonderful big family too. So don’t miss this guys!!!

• guli

Thanks Jared for the new thread!

NOLA is one of my favorite cities to visit. I am so happy the JP’s are trying very hard to help rebuild the city after what they went through.

AG–hiya, where have you been? Sure miss chatting with you. :-)

• African Girl

# 14 hottest couple ever @ 12/02/2007 at 4:18 pm
    Lol…I take your 5 million wows and raise you 10. You know what… I love the RC pix of the JPs, I enjoy the occasional dinner out pictures we get but seeing them in moments like these just melts my heart. In this “all about me” world we live in, it’s heartwarming to see people who understand we all have a responsibility to our fellow man (Okay, Okay I’ll stop…it’s sunday, what can I say?)

• from a fan

They both look like warm shit, Brad really needs to clean up his act, you can be humble and not all about red carpet glamour and still look half way decent, not like you both just climed out of a dumpster. An open shirt on Brad should say sexy, not red, leathery old man complete with dirty old man cap.

• Janice

Brad and Angelina are doing great things and I applaud them both. Look at that picture with Brad and Janice. She’s obviously very happy and appreciates the efforts that are being put forth. It’s nice to see.

Never ceases to amaze me how people think they know ‘what’s best’ for other people’s children. Have an opinion yes, but it shouldn’t make you ‘mad’. These are not your children and there isn’t a ‘one size fits all’ model when it comes to child-rearing.

• Dirty Denise

neil @ 12/02/2007 at 4:24 pm

***************************
    Angie is a sweet girl. I have known that for a long time. I have been a true fan of hers for a long time too.

• ral

ral @ 12/02/2007 at 4:20 pm
    not beautiful without make up!
    ____________________
    :lol: :lol:
    Let me guess: You use glasses an forgotten to put them on?

wow I have no right to express my opinion ?

• neil

Haters united @ 12/02/2007 at 4:27 pm

That’s not a bad idea. I mean putting your money where your mouth is? What a novel idea for you guys.

• ashby

——

I agree AG. They are very inspiring.

Angie looks so stunning, even without makeup. Amazing. Nice to see Brad and little Z.

• Bringing this post from the last thread

#868 (Page 29) happy happy Brad 12/02/2007 at 3:29 pm

Happy Brad can tuck his four kids in bed each night and talk to them until they fall asleep just like his Mom did with him and his siblings

Happy Brad has Angie, his greatest love, always by his side, who is so proud of him and supports him in everything he does, no matter what that maybe

Happy Brad has a warm loving HOME filled with love and people who love him, because home is where the heart is, not a big empty sterile house

Happy Brad has filled up the nursery he was meant to have, sad Brad no longer has to go into an empty nursery that he worked on for two years

Happy Brad is now all the man he was always supposed to be, the blue bird of happiness residing in his life

• Dirty Denise

The Jolie-Pitts have the greatest fans in the world.

• African Girl

Passing Through @ 12/02/2007 at 4:23 pm
    Hey PT, how have you been? Good I hope…I’m glad. Me? Oh perfect…just getting things done, you know how the end of the year is…so many things to do, so little time to do ‘em.

See how cool I’m playing it? Yeah…I’ve decided to pretend I don’t read all the insults you heap on my GC…I mean to say the entire EW staff must be dumb to add him on the…*Clears throat” Yeah, so I hope you’re getting all your christmas shopping done in time. Trust me…you don’t wanna get caught with other last minute shoppers.

• AJCrazy

Miss them! But glad theyve been getting their privacy!!

LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• juju

ral @ 12/02/2007 at 4:33 pm
    _________________
    Yes , you have. Like i have the right to express mine.

And i’m telling you that you that if you look at that pic and say that Angelina without make-up isn’t beautifull, you either need some glasses or forgotten to put them on.

• jjoy

thanks jj for the new thread….

they will always look beautiful to me….with or w/o the glamour because they are truly nice people….

hey PT, AG, guli, 4Qs and all the loyal fans that are posting and lurking….good sunday to all!!!

kaway to my kababayans… :-)

• a realist

Our Angie is stunning, even without make-up. Love her!

• lora

——

Great points. I was also stunned by the makes me mad post. Seriously? These children are by all accounts happy and healthy. The way they live might not work for everyone’s family, but so far seems to be working very well for the Jolie-Pitts.

• ral

ral @ 12/02/2007 at 4:33 pm
    _________________
    Yes , you have. Like i have the right to express mine.

you attack me for that point ! for me she looks tired ! so ….

• African Girl

guli @ 12/02/2007 at 4:30 pm
    Hey Guli how are you this fine Sunday? How’s R…I apologise I’ve not dropped in to get an update on her. Is the cast off yet? I hope she’s doing better.

• the real tita

#8: You’d appreciate it better if they left their kids with the nannies…right! You have other stories to tell? You can’t say that they aren’t doing any good with their charitable works so you pick on the kids.

Soldiers bring their wives and kids everywhere. Actors bring their wives and kids everywhere but you pick on Angie and Brad as your target for your criticism. Why?

Of course we already know why so don’t bother answering. We just want you to re-examine yourselves.

• ral

at Juju !

Whatever ! I always notice people are so passionnate when there is news of Jolie-Pitt !

• luvangie4ever

Angelina looks divine, beautiful as always. Would love to see more pictures of them. :D