'Speed Racer' Movie Stills

'Speed Racer' Movie Stills

The very first Speed Racer movie stills have been released courtesy of USA Today.

Speed is a live action cartoon and is a much-anticipated adaptation by the Wachowski brothers (The Matrix trilogy, V for Vendetta).

“The effects are beyond belief,” says producer Joel Silver. “We called it ‘car fu,’ because it was like kung fu with the cars. We couldn’t have made this movie until right now… It obviously has a present-day aesthetic to it but it’s still a great yarn about family and not selling out. That’s an important message to the (Wachowskis) and why we all connected to the show.”

Emile Hirsch as Speed Racer, Christina Ricci as Trixie (Speed’s girlfriend), John Goodman as Pops Racer, Susan Sarandon as Mom Racer, Matthew Fox as Racer X (Speed’s rival) and Korean pop star Rain as rookie racer Taejo Togokhan.

Speed Racer drives into theaters nationwide on May 9th, 2008. The trailer runs tonight on Entertainment Tonight. More movie stills inside…

speed racer movie stills 01

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Instinct tells me that if this movie bombs, Christina Ricci is going to be pissed, because she had to cut her hair off for the film!

aw =S
second (?)

the_original_nika @ 12/06/2007 at 12:07 pm

yes a trailer, finally.. at least their not picky like steven s. is doing with Indiana jones. Of course, I have this feeling that indy will kick speed racers $$, once its released.
I just pray its not too much.. cartoony =\. Can´t wait to see Emile, hes so handsome and good actor too.

Dima bilan @ 12/06/2007 at 12:07 pm

RUSSIA FOREVER!!!

Just crazy.

And that is Rain in that one shot!

You did this for me Jared- I´m touched.

the_original_nika @ 12/06/2007 at 12:08 pm

kick speed racers a$$*

Dima bilan @ 12/06/2007 at 12:09 pm

RUSSIA
RUSSIA
RUSSIA
RUSSIA
RUSSIA
RUSSIA
RUSSIA
RUSSIA
RUSSIA
I LOVE YOU!!!

nice… i used to watch this as a child

poodle puddle @ 12/06/2007 at 12:13 pm

this movie looks stupid

[~Famous~] - The God. @ 12/06/2007 at 12:34 pm

um, emile rocks.. but, he looks like a fcuking dork. in fact – this movie looks extremely dorky. ugh, i’ll give it a chance. lmao

Hmmmm, these stills aren’t doing it for me. I didn’t like the cartoon (although the theme song is catchy). I didn’t like “The Matrix” trilogy. The cast isn’t a particularly big draw for me so I might just have to give this one a pass.

This looks ridiculous but I’m seeing it for Rain

You know this is one where the more I see the more I think I’m going to stay away

emile was excellent in ‘into the wild’.

These are unique but actually cool. I get the cartoon look they mentioned. I’m looking forward to it. I loved Speed Racer.

like others i’m only gong to see this to support Rain but this movie looks pretty bad. Like… if Rain wasn’t in it I wouldn’t waste time or money on this crap.

emile was excellent in ‘into the wild’.

That is true. He in fact won Breakthrough Actor at the NBR Awards (first awards of oscar season) for that performance! Congrats! Also to Ellen Page who won the Breakthrough Actress award. :)

rinimeatballs @ 12/06/2007 at 6:43 pm

holy crap its pop super star RAIN i wasnt gonna go see this but now i HAVE TO. go rain, its raining its raining >.

Dankmeister @ 12/06/2007 at 7:03 pm

Whoa Rain’s in this movie!!! I’m definitely gonna check this out and emile hirsh was good in that movie “girl next door”.

Oh, I always thought of speed racer being really cute. this guy just does not fit the bill. These pics have destroyed my fantasies : )

I’m seeing this movie for Rain too. Go Rain! Take over the world baby!

WHY DOES THE MACH FIVE HAVE A SIX ON THE SIDE OF IT