Brad Pitt Wears Different Hats

Brad Pitt Wears Different Hats

Brad Pitt has been wearing a lot of hats recently and now you can too!

As part of the New Orleans Make it Right project that Brad is supporting, the organization will sell items “selected by Brad and the MIR team to reflect the MIR mission. Our goal is to offer forward-thinking, green products. All proceeds will be allocated exclusively to building Make It Right homes.”

Hats are a big part of the selection Brad has chosen and certainly reflect his fashion sense. The merchandise includes various “newsboy” caps that he frequently wears similar to the one pictured in the photo. (Taken during the Beowulf Premiere.) Other caps, shirts and bags complete the clothing line. Click HERE to see Brad model the clothing and support the cause!

In case you missed it, Brad & Angelina popped into the high-profile Mayweather-Hatton boxing match last weekend. What a fight! (And yup, he wore a newsboy cap to the fight as well!)

Just Jared on Facebook
Photos: Big Pictures/Bauer-Griffin
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt

Getty
  • See the best reactions to Kanye West's raunchy "Fade" video - US Weekly
  • Get more details on the death of Juan Gabriel - TMZ
  • Find out what happened on KUWTK - Gossip Cop
  • Kristen Stewart and her girlfriend step out together - Just Jared Jr
  • Best & worst dressed at the VMAs - Radar
  • Have you seen Pete's Dragon yet? - Lainey Gossip
  • Here's what Renee Zellweger had to say about her iconic role - The Hollywood Reporter
  • anustin

irena purina,self esteem?with all the joy?ayayay jealous!yes!!!!!!

• bdj

Good Morning to the fans/non-fans/resident trolls/lurkers

There are other items to purchase besides the hat. You
    can also make a cash donation and help towards rebuiding homes in the Lower 9th ward. Every bit helps. Let’s get out of our comfort zone, move into 2008 and dump the tabloid negativity by help out ours. Have a nice day and peace to all. Thanks for all the updates Just Jared. You are Just Jared when the thread rocks, alias otherwise. JUST KIDDING!!!!

• DEANA

I love Angelina and Brad, but what I heard today makes me feel uneasy.
    She compares Shiloh to an outcast. Does she really prefer her adopted children to Shiloh. I don’t think I like her so much anymore unless she explains what she means. I mean she is done with her charity work should this become so obvious.

• bdj

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT: ARCHITECTURE NOTES

Pitt making celebrity work for homes in New Orleans
    By Blair Kamin | Tribune architecture critic
    December 12, 2007
    Hollywood celebs usually have nothing to do with architects, unless, of course, they’re hiring them to design mega-million-dollar trophy houses on Malibu Beach.

So it was pleasantly jolting last week to turn on the TV and see actor Brad Pitt doing interviews from New Orleans’ Lower Ninth Ward, where he’s aiming to build 150 affordable, eco-friendly homes during the next two years. Pitt has commissioned 13 top architects to design the houses.

Pitt sounded like anything but a celebrity bubble head as he talked to CNN’s Larry King, correctly informing the TV audience that buildings create a significant share of the world’s pollution.

Clearly, he’s no dummy: He knows the media use him to sell newspapers and raise ratings. Now he’s using the media to hype a good cause. “We’ll have people in homes by the end of next summer,” he predicted.

Pitt and film producer Steve Bing each have promised to match $5 million in contributions to the project, which is called Make It Right. Speaking to reporters, Pitt urged Americans to donate to the project and pointed them to its Web site,

Among the architects Pitt has commissioned: Thom Mayne of Santa Monica, Calif., and Japan’s Shigeru Ban Architects. Mayne, winner of the 2005 Pritzker Architecture Prize, designed a house that would float if New Orleans floods again.

Pitt’s involvement with an architectural cause shouldn’t come as a complete surprise.

Last summer, the actor raised $60,000 for Ludwig Mies van der Rohe’s Farnsworth House outside far southwest suburban Plano by selecting it as the site for a Japanese jeans company’s commercial. And last year, he narrated a series about sustainable architecture, called “Design: e2,” that appeared on PBS.

Keep it up, Brad.

Maybe your next leading role can be in a remake of “The Fountainhead,” the movie based on Ayn Rand’s novel about the fictional, strong-headed architect, Howard Roark.

bkamin@tribune.com

• bdj

DEANA @ 12/12/2007 at 8:08 am
    Deana, Deana, Deana, Deana, Deana. Oh troll of the internet. Get a clue will ya. It is too early in the morning for tabloid stupidity. You are blessed to be alive and able to write such nonsense. Use your time and talent wisely. If you believe this garbage, then garbage in and garbage out. Donate, it will do your heart and sanity some good.

• bdj

Published: December 12, 2007 04:00 am

Bovina man helps in rebuilding of New Orleans

By Patricia Breakey
    Delhi News Bureau

A Bovina man who volunteered to offer his expertise in solar power to help provide electricity in foreign, rural villages found himself in New Orleans last week working on Brad Pitt’s project to build eco-friendly homes.

Bob Morris said he contacted SELF, or Solar Electric Light Fund, and volunteered his services as a technician to go to Nepal and Tibet.

“It was kind of a fluke that I happened to volunteer, and within two or three days, Brad Pitt contacted SELF for help and I ended up in New Orleans,” Morris said. “It was a rush thing to do a photovoltaic installation.”

The initiative, called Make It Right, is Pitt’s latest effort to help the area recover from Hurricane Katrina. The Oscar-nominated actor also worked with the environmental organization Global Green USA to build five single-family homes and an 18-unit apartment complex and community center earlier this year.

Morris said he was one of four full-time volunteers who worked with 15 to 20 daily volunteers to install solar panels in nine bright pink tent structures. Those tents represent the homes Pitt plans to build by the end of next summer.

Morris said the solar panels are placed on the roofs of nine of the structures, which are built on scaffolding. The panels produce electricity that goes into the grid during the day; at night, that power lights the pink tents.

The panels had to be installed in time for a media blitz that began last week to promote Make It Right, Morris said.

“The pink structures look kind of like a Christo thing,” Morris said.

Christo’s work includes “The Gates,” a bright-orange art display in Central Park in 2005.

Morris said he never met Pitt, but saw him riding around on a bicycle.

Bob Freling, executive director of Washington, D.C.-based SELF, said when Make it Right asked for help, he contacted Morris.

“They had to get up nine large solar arrays in just a few days,” Freling said Tuesday.

Pitt has pledged $5 million of his money toward the project and is campaigning for more donations.

Thirteen architects are involved in the project, which will have each home built on stilts as a precaution against flooding. To be eligible for a home, applicants must have previously owned property in the ward and will be expected to contribute what they can afford.

Pink was chosen for the tents, Pitt said in a media release, because “it screams the loudest. It says people are coming back.”

Morris said he has been doing electrical work for about 45 years. While he was teaching at the State University College of Technology at Delhi, he said, he got interested in solar power.

Though retired from full-time teaching, Morris said he still teaches workshops in photovoltaic design and installation at SUNY Delhi but hopes to be able to do solar installs in places such as Africa and Cambodia.

“Can you imagine what it means to a family to have just one light and a radio?” Morris asked. “Electricity changes people’s lives. With solar power, they can have refrigeration, pump water and do countless things we take for granted.”

• The real lou

# 155 DEANA @ 12/12/2007 at 8:08 am ,People like you make me uneasy.Someone who would PRETEND to be fan, just to slam a woman who you dislike over a divorce that was not your own!The Daily Mail is one of the WORST tabloids,they have been lying on this couple for what 3 years now.So just shut up and save your fake-ass concern.

• newbie

Jolie-Pitt @ 12/12/2007 at 7:52 am
    ======================================

Yeah, I saw that clip too and it was very nice. I believe Kelly was Team Jolie before Brad and Team Aniston afterwards. There were many times when she said sympathetic things about the ex and subtly catty things about Jolie. Too bad I can’t find clips to back it up. But regular watchers of Live with Regis should know what I mean. So I guess we’ll agree to disagree too. : )

• DEANA

Ok, if it is not true, I am sorry. I can’t help feeling that there could be a bit of true in it though, I mean there is something odd about it all after all…

• Mr and Mrs Smith

DEANA @ 12/12/2007 at 8:22 am
    ___________________________________

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trolls, we can smell you a mile away.

• SERA

• lulu

DEANA ,

When did the tabloid write anything nice about Angie since this so called bermuda triangle started ?

• The real lou

• anustin

good morning all!hehe

• jq

SERA @ 12/12/2007 at 8:27 am These cut and paste articles that they use to try and hurt Brad and es[ecially Angie are beginning to be kind of funny. Everything that Brad and Angie say that can be actually viewed and documented disproves all of these negative articles. I don’t believe that people can hate so much that they become stupid and belive lies just to make themselves feel better. I do feel sorry for X because her fans are the ones who will never let her get past this divorce. Brad and Angies and their fans have moved on but X’s fans seem stuck. That is who rags like In Touch are appealing to. Maybe there are enough of them to keep the rag afloat. Love the Jolie Pitts….

+++++++

I T A W U.

• http://msn.com gena

155? Deana

Where did Angie say that Shiloh was an outcast and that she loved her adopted children more. Show me the article.

• Mr and Mrs Smith

SERA @ 12/12/2007 at 8:27 am __________________________________________

Exactly. I think though this time it was Brad saying that “Angie being such a fantastic mom is the greatest gift he can give his kids” that triggered this article. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Angie has NEVER tried to answer such articles as this one.

• soopx

good morning!wishing everyone a good day and Blessed day.love seeing Brad on the l.k. show.Brad is such a loving and caring person i know hes a great dad and partner.love the jolie pitts.

• Mr and Mrs Smith

gena @ 12/12/2007 at 8:32 am
    ______________________________________

This so called ‘interview’ originated from a British paper. Of course then other places picked it up. Well, it should be expected. :lol:

• The real lou

We need to ignore the miserable(myself included).This sh*t is getting really old with the tabloid stories.
    # 163 SERA @ 12/12/2007 at 8:27 am ,So true!

• newbie

You’d think people who believe in these tabloids are ignorant, mindless and uneducated, but that is not so. I have a friend, who is a freakin’ engineer and going for her masters degree, read the Angie-Shiloh story and believed that it was true. It doesn’t even entered her mind that the quotes are recycled and are out of context. I was so surprised and almost had a throw down with her.

People just don’t think critically. They see an article on a semi-respectable aricle and they make their judgements based on it. It is very frustrating.

• jq

The real lou @ 12/12/2007 at 8:29 am DEANA @ 12/12/2007 at 8:22 am ,What are you talking about?Since when has the Daily Mail told the truth?I guess you have forgot the fake Brad interview they printed.Oh let’s not forget the fake ripped leather pants story and I could go on if needed!Believe what you want troll.

========== Yes ! and the wine throwing incident. and this was just some of the very recent lied, if we have to go back to the very first day of 2005. I’m sure the list of lied created by this tabloid would take us several pages and several days to finish.

• Mr and Mrs Smith

newbie @ 12/12/2007 at 8:39 am
    _______________________________________

That’s the thing about Angie. Some people are very quick to believe whatever negative thing they read about her. BUT, like Angie said, the people who matter to her know who she is and will not believe such things.

• ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • sam

angelina looks scary in this pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • http://musicisourhigh.Blogspot.com Musicisourhigh

The man definitely loves his hat.

• yikes

newbie @ 12/12/2007 at 8:39 am

Hmmmmmmm. Tell your friend she ought to go back to High School. I guess she missed proper education.

• ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • Peaches

CLINIQUA @ 12/12/2007 at 1:00 am # 37 newbie @ 12/12/2007 at 12:42 am This is for Dina on the older thread regarding Regis and Kelly….

They are usally pretty amusing and funny but I don’t really want him to go on the show simply because Kelly is a big sympathizer of JA. Regis seems neutral but Kelly would always say something like, “I pray something good would happen for her soon” or “I wish she’ll finally get some happiness in her life” etc every time JA’s name is mentioned. You’d think JA lost all of her limbs after losing her home or something. I usually have no problem with Kelly’s perky self but it was painful to watch her fawn all over JA and kissing her ass when she came on the show.

__________________________

I guess you didn’t see the link someone posted where she was fawning all over Angelina.

I haven’t heard of her fawning over JA, to the contrary – I think if she even said what you claim, it’s more proof she, like some of us, think she’s a whining sad sack loser, and says those things to make it known she’s trifling.

On the other hand, I’ve heard Kelly say only wonderful things about AJ, which is most likely why Brad is going on their show (if he is).

Why are you saying differently? Kelly is no known sympathizer of Maniston’s. Like I said, she’s a former soap opera star, and almost 40 year old like Maniston – they probably know a LOT of the same people, she knows better than anyone what a fraud she is.

You’re mistaken ‘newbie.’

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I saw the interview she is talking about and Kelly was fawning and she did say those things when JA name came up. Doesn’t mean she doesn’t like AJ maybe she thinks both are nice or maybe she isn’t taking sides at all. Regis didn’t seem to impress with JA IMO, I think he definitely like AJ. But you no it really doesn’t matter I have never seen them rude to a guest therefore I expect them to treat Brad with respect. In fact I remember Kelly joking with Run of “Run’s House” that he should have Brad over and call her to come over also. Brad like Run’s show.

• senior

Good morning to the fans

♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥ @ 12/12/2007 at 9:06 am

_______________________________________________
    Thanks for all the pictures, Angie looks fabulous! Those shoes
    and the coat. She is becoming quite the fashion Icon, always
    well turned out!!! Way to go Angelina

• newbie

yikes @ 12/12/2007 at 9:01 am
    ——————————

That the thing! These people are not uneducated, they are just too lazy to think. They don’t have time to find out whether the source is legit or not. They think that because they see it on a semi-respectable site like MSNBC and therefore it must be true. That’s what so scary about the tabloid media.

• ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • papi

This two really are the iest couple ever. I saw on US weekly this week cover naming them the couple of the y ear. Though I don’t like us weakly that is something diffrent to say from those rag mags .

• ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • angie

why does angie look so weird in this pic?? bad makeup

• ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • Lady G

Okay everyone this is from Roo26 Kanga at JJB.

That’s a taped show, the pajama party. I actually saw R&K yesterday and they announced Brad for Monday’s show. It must be a taped interview from NO. Maybe they’re re-running it on Christmas Eve?

So I guess the best thing to do is to watch on Monday just in case he is on the show.

• http://justjared.com Anonymous
  • conspiracytheory

The whole fact of the matter is tabloids take Angie own words and twist them. The quote that the British tabloid said about Shiloh being blonde and blue eyed is an actual quote from an interview while promoting the good shepard i think. She was speaking about adopted vs biological and she said something about loving all the kids the same and the only thing was that shiloh looked like brad with blonde hair and blue eyes, she never said “outcast” I would look for the quote but really does it matter? The infamous quote from elle we have all heard before. I think the best thing for Brad and Angie is not to say anything at all regarding their children, keep it general. That way the media can’t twist words. In my oponion Angie is the one in some of the answers she gave in interviews that played apart in makinge the adopted vs bio an issue. There are countless interviews she has given that caused me to say huh. There was the quote about after shiloh being born someone in the house looked like mommy and daddy and hence the pax adoption. The cnn interview where she said she was prepared to defend her other kids cause she thought something would be different. The readers digest quote where she said shiloh would be no threat to the other kids. I think Angelina was/is conflicted about the media treatment of her adopted kids and shiloh, so maybe her saying these things in public was a way to try to even out the atteniton. I think whether Angie thinks these things or not,she should keep info to herself and not make these kind of quotes in the future. It seems she has adopted this policy because she has stopped with these personal quotes in the media. Just say I love my kids and leave it at that.

• ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥
  • Lady G

# 160 DEANA @ 12/12/2007 at 8:22 am

=======================================

Oh look another village idiot on the loose. Projecting much?

• seymore

newbie
    ——–

This parody that Kelly Ripa did for SNL was NOT funny!! But it was totally RIDICULOUS!! Someone else agree with me??

• http://Justjared Felinelilly

Good morning bampzsville. Thanks jj for the new thread. I won’t be confused about where to post anymore, lol. 188-papi: brad and angie should be ”couple of the year” just for having dodged daily attacks in the tabloids and emerging victorious and stronger than ever at the end. Brad and angie deserve the honor. They are the most beautiful people ever, inside and out.

• anustin

maybe b-4 the huge hoopla anjie was der.

• ♥♥♥a fan♥♥♥