Angelina Jolie Gets SAG-gy

Angelina Jolie Gets SAG-gy

Angelina Jolie just picked up a Screen Actors Guild (SAG) nomination for her portrayal as the widow of murdered journalist Daniel Pearl in A Mighty Heart. Congrats, Angie!

Vying with Ms. Jolie for top honors are Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Oscar contender Marion Cotillard for her portrayal of tragic French chanteuse Edith Piaf in La Vie En Rose, Julie Christie in Away From Her and Ellen Page in Juno.

Sean Penn‘s survival tale Into the Wild dominated the nominations, scooping up four nods — best actor, Emile Hirsch; supporting male actor, Hal Holbrook; supporting female actor, Catherine Keener; and the top honor, best ensemble cast.

And don’t miss The 12 Days of Angelina Jolie. Today is only Day One of the celebration!

Just Jared on Facebook
Photos: Kristin Callahan/Bauer-Griffin
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

Getty
  • Disney CEO reacts to Johnny Depp's divorce - US Weekly
  • Sinead O'Connor has been put on suicide watch - TMZ
  • Demi Lovato rants about teens' celeb obsessions - Gossip Cop
  • Taylor Swift goes on another date with Tom Hiddleston - Just Jared Jr
  • Blac Chyna reveals her wedding plans - Radar
  • Michael Strahan gets in a dig at Live! - Huffington Post
  • Can you solve this new celeb blind item? - Lainey Gossip
  • JK Rowling reacts to the shocking news in Britain - The Hollywood Reporter
  • sara

hi everoyone i just saw the video of brad and angie with the kids riding in NO. brad had two, the reporter said that it was pax and maddox, and angie had zahara. i could also hear zahara saying that she was scared, and angie said to her, calm down, it is okay.

……………………………

No Shiloh?

• http://justjared miss v

sorry, Lady G, did not read post before posting

• bdj

(full article at link)

Q&A With Brad Pitt
    Published:Dec 21, 2007

On The Assassination of Jesse James.
    What was your reaction to the finished film?

For me, this is a movie that sits with you and resonates for the next day or two. It’s true that it’s not in line with the current zeitgeist of fast-paced, in-your-face kind of filmmaking, but it’s a slow burn. I also think that it’s lyrical and poetic and has a real breadth and depth to it. It’s my favourite kind of film.

• http://justjared Bijoux

Congratulations to Angie and Brad.
    What a much deserve acknowledgement. Happy Holidays to the Jolie-Pitts and may God bless you and your family. I’m so proud of the effort for New Orleans.

• Orchid

Congratulations to Angelina, and Brad too. It’s wonderful news. Win or lose, they can be proud of AMH, their combined effort.

• JOLie fan

I’m just happy that Angelina is back in the Oscar race. She hasn’t been part of the competition since 1999.

• Sheri

Wonderful BAMPZS fans! This is another feather in Angie, Brad and Plan B’s cap! The honor is in being nominated! Those who want to talk BO or just be mean for no cause, it just shows how sad and empty their lives really are!

guli, MF, NY Lurker, I need to say I’m sorry to all of you! I’ve been bad with emails, and hanging out on JJ. I’m learning to juggle. This Christmas is my first in this position. I have to find Squawky! Why is that, and why do little children find that fun?? It would have scared the heck out of me!! We are staying for NY Eve, shhh Miami, mommy doesn’t know! Coal thought it would be a good idea, and it is! No partying, just rest. Taking the lap top will catch up and beg forgiveness!

• Easyeve

just watched the video…..super cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• nice

God, keep blessing and watching over the Jolie-Pitt family.

• guli

Sheri–this time of the year we are all busy so, don’t worry about it. As long as you rest and get better and feel better that’s all we want dear friend! We have plenty of time to catch up :-) Just enjoy the Holidays…

• lookwhaticando

Congradulations Angie, You Are The BEST

• Besane

Hey Sheri, I hope you had a great birthday! My kids sang me the Happy Bday song as loud as they could, and volunteered (without being asked) blowing the candles for me on the cake they decorated with all kinds of color to the max, it started to look like paintings of Kandinsky LOL! Since my hubby’s and my birthdays are only 4 days apart, we usually bake one cake and recycle it LOL!

Imagine the lively Jolie-Pitt birthday cake for Daddy. Oh my Brad must have been in cloud nine, ten, eleven…. :)

• marcella

can one of you post the website of the video of brad and angie and the kids in N.O

• lookwhaticando

guli @ 12/20/2007 at 3:07 pm I think this tribute to Angelina video is approriate today

Let’s celebrate BAMPZSville fans

=====================
    BRAVO Guli, being nominated is a win in it self. She is just fantastic

• Wooden Legs Angelina

I see the same out no lives are here months later talking about ppl they dont know but pretend they know … LOL!! Brad hates you all and wishes you would get a life. He thinks you all have something wrong with you … he is right. Tick tock!

• http://deleted Z

Congrats ANGIE. We love you.

• Sugar, Baby

sara @ 12/20/2007 at 6:53 pm i could also hear zahara saying that she was scared, and angie said to her, calm down, it is okay.

“C’mon, Z! It’s okay. We just have to get through this photo-op! Don’t worry, if you fall off the bike, we’ll ask the guy I’m paying to edit it out!”

• THINK POSITIVE!

Good afternoon people!!

I own you all a big apology for missing our Bradley’s cyber birthday party and the absence of my waiters but my damn PC had a mayor break down and it just got fixed. I thought I had to get a new one but it seems back on track now. I promise I won’t lose any of our parties again. LOL!!

Anyway, I saw Brad’s CR interview. It was FANTASTIC. I love this man more each day and the happiness on his face is undeniable.

So Brad and Angie and the kids are in NOLA for the holidays and they took a ride with their motorcycles. How freaking cute is that?? I can’t wait to see the vid.

Blessings to ALL the fans!!

CONGRADULATIONS to Angie for her SAG nomination!!! More to come!!

• ?

i see ritzy has been changing her alters today,good news about angie and brad has her off her meds-lol-congratulations angie and can’t wait for pitt-jolie mania on the red carpet,love the x-mas tree shown on extra,the jp kids are going to have fun on x-mas

• senior

Good evening to the fans wow this is great! Where is guli ,looks like we
    have something to celebrate. This year started with sadness for Angie,
    It got better and better and now another nomination. Congratulations to Angie and her family we are very proud of you. Her mom is watching over her. This is great news to come home to.

• Wooden Legs Angelina

LOL cyber birthday … and apolozing it. OMG !!!! Seriously I am still laughing

• the real tita

#264: We don’t have a life? How about you with your stupid countdown? You’ve been watching us all along, so please don’t pretend you just came in months later. Changing names isn’t gonna hide that stench that accompanies a jealous troll. You still stink of putrid waste matter.

• tabitha

Think Positive, While I have not seen the video, yet, I think they were talking about them riding bicycycles and not motorcycles.

• ?

oh don’t worry the trolls will really explode on brad’s liberation day in a few weeks-3yrs and counting-i’m sure when they saw the extra video their purina dog chow didn;t go down .

• SO IN LOVEEEEEE

brad’s going give angie something special tonight for her nomination

• youareobvious

#270 is sam.

• LIBERATION DAY

can’t wait to party on liberation day-go jolie-pitt

• lookwhaticando

Felinelilly @ 12/20/2007 at 4:01 pm I won’t be posting much after today for the next couple of weeks, so I just want to take the time to wish everybody merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah (sorry if it’s misspelled), happy Kwanzaa, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of BAMPZSville!
    Happy Eid to you, angel!

===============
    Happy Holidays to you to Felineilly, Don’t stay away to long.

• alison p

Congrats to Angelina and Plan B. Much deserved noms.

• piper, with a low

# 171 To beautiful and nicole @ 12/20/2007 at 5:35 pm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LMFAO!!!

:lol: Thank you for that! :lol:

• LIBERATION DAY

ET is going to have the rest of their interview with brad tomorrow from a few weeks ago, and they have a surprise for him-never too much jolie -pitt news

• LIBERATION DAY

time for stealing names.too funny and predictable -

• Lady G

# 280 LIBERATION DAY @ 12/20/2007 at 7:52 pm

================================

Was about to post the same think!

• LIBERATION DAY

lets see the golden globes,sag awards,satellite nomination,indie nomination,santa barbara film fest honoring angie as performer of the year,and hopefully an oscar,i’ll say angie is on a role-no tv sitcom hack need apply.

• the real tita

#270: Wooden legs is still laughing as she merrily does a wheelie on the traveling armchair. At least Angie still has legs that actually work!

Deja vu! Didn’t we have this discussion before, ritz? Must be a frustrating thing when the only thing that works for you is your snark!

• THINK POSITIVE!

tabitha @ 12/20/2007 at 7:42 pm
    —————————————————–
    Thanks for the correction tabi !!

• EXTRA

saw the extra video,brad spent his birthday in nola with his family,we’ll crap out between 7 or 9,

• THINK POSITIVE!
  • lylian

JOLie fan @ 12/20/2007 at 7:02 pm

IAWY. Wonderful news about the SAG nomination for Angelina.

I think between 1999 and 2005, Angelina made the movies that allowed her to make money and travel, not choosing her scripts with too much care. Her focus had drifted from acting into other things like motherhood and her humanitarian work – and she had made a $15m commitment to Cambodia over 5 years, which is now completed.

It seems to me, since meeting up with Brad though, Angelina has again started to refocus on her ART. Picking her roles with greater care and I think that is Brad’s influence on Angelina. That and having biological children as well as adopting.

I’m sure the E video of Brad and Angelina with their children will show up in youtube and I’m looking forward to see it. It is so cute to have them towing their kids on the bikes.

• stupid is as stupid says

Sugar, Baby @ 12/20/2007 at 7:37 pm

That’s right, all the other parents out with their kids are not photo ops like Jen Garner out with Violet every day or Heidi K out with her 3 every day, or Katie H with Suri, or Gwen out with Kingston, oh no they are just parents being parents.

But in your twisted and brain cell deficient brain only Brad and Angie out with their kids are a photo op, they are not just parents being parents like everyone else. So stupid are you!!

Just another jealous pitiful unloved loser sitting all alone by itself.

• lookwhaticando

Mr and Mrs Smith @ 12/20/2007 at 4:56 pm BRAD AND ANGIE – YOU ARE MY DESTINY.

=============
    So beautiful, such a loving joyful family, Brad is in heaven, his dream finally realized

• http://deleted lulu

#206 Miapocca,

SAG award are actor nominating fellow actors, they nominated Angie as one of the best of actress this year, if they “hate ” her , they can nominate other actress on the top 5 list, I knew Atonement are campaigning hard for Keira K., and there’s the minivan new “it” girl Amy Adams, critics fav. Laura Linney, “Sweetney todd ” are campaigning for Depp, Helena B.,and there’s the all time great Jodie Foster. IF THEY HATE HER , THEY COULD CHOOSE ONE OF THIS ACTRESS INSTEAD OF ANGIE. BUT NOPE, THEY LIKE HER,
    STOP YOUR DENIAL, NOBODY GIVE A SHIT ON A DIVORCE WHICH HAPPEN ALMOST 3YRS. AGO.
    INSIDERS IN HW KNEW WHO’S THE REAL DEAL , WHO IS THE FRAUD, FAKE AND BACKSTABBER. LOOK WHO IS GETTING WORK WITH A-LIST ACTOR, FILM PRODUCER, DIRECTORS. AND WHO IS UNEMPLOYED FOR 2 YEARS AND ARE FINALLY GET SOME WORKS WITH NEVER HEARD B-C LISTED ACTORS AND PRODUCTION CO.
    What Hollywood hate is BACKSTABBER, and fraud.!
    If you happen to like little Tom so much, you should have notice there are several characteristic of Tom which are so similar to Maniston, they are both mediawhxre, obcesses with fame, career and MONEY.

• http://WWW.IHATETOMCRUISE.COM Miapocca
  • Dirty Denise

Yea Angie. I am so proud of our girl.

• Dirty Denise

We love you Ange!

• Wooden Legs Angelina

I AM not Sam there is more then one person who cannot stand you low lives. Get a clue and life losers! I swear that is the dumbest thing months later and you all throw out the same old lame “come backs” 1st insult the ex, then call then someone else (that cannot stand you), then insult their education, then blame parents for raising wrong … the bag of comeback are the same old and tired. LOL

• ANGIE IS ON FIRE

ANGIE IS RED HOTTTTT

• Orig Ruth

Congratulation to Angelina, nice to see her getting recognized for one of the best performances of the year.

• http://deleted lulu

Congrat Angie and Brad !!!
    Nominated in most major awards were the greatest gift for Brad on his Liberation Day !!! Eat your ass, Haters !!!!
    Angie and Brad are love, respected by their peer in Hollywood, This year is Angie’s year in every accolades, next year will be Brad’s turn,either as an actor or producer. They are force to be reckon, and are here to stay !!!

• ALISTER

Congrats Angelina for your SAG nominations! You deserve it.