Princess Tiana -- First Picture!

Princess Tiana -- First Picture!

Here is the first picture of Princess Tiana from the upcoming Disney film The Princess and the Frog via Comingsoon.net.

Movie premise: A musical set in the legendary birthplace of jazz — New Orleans — The Princess and the Frog will introduce the newest Disney princess, Tiana, a young African-American girl living amid the charming elegance and grandeur of the fabled French Quarter. From the heart of Louisiana’s mystical bayous and the banks of the mighty Mississippi comes an unforgettable tale of love, enchantment and discovery with a soulful singing crocodile, voodoo spells and Cajun charm at every turn.

Princess Tiana is voiced by Tony-award winning actress Anika Noni Rose (Dreamgirls). The Princess and the Frog will tentatively be released just before Christmas of next year — December 18, 2009.

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

A real Disney movie with singing and music? This is exciting!

Lovely I can’t wait for this movie….

probably going to turn out horribly. Disney sucks ever since walt died.

That’s not the first pic- I saw one months ago…

Well I’m glad Disney’s being diverse again

I’m an adult but I still can’t wait for another real Disney movie! All these children’s movies that are for adults too are just not the same.

[~F a m o u s~] @ 01/14/2008 at 12:06 pm

she doesn’t look very black in this photo, she’s looking a bit latina’ish to me. i mean, sheit! if you going to make her black, make her black! Djimon Hounsou black!. so black @ some angles she’s purple.

woow this great i’m so excited to watch the movie !!! !

this is great !!!

luv ya disneyyyyyyyyyy (K)(L)DISNEY ROCKSSSSSSS

LMAO! @ [~F a m o u s~]

LMAO me too Nando! I just told my roommate

Adorable. Maybe, since it’s in that mixed up Creole territory, she’s a mulatto girl, anyways..like me! Yey.

Oh great. Here we go again. Disney takes a stab at being diverse and what we get is a bunch of stereotypes. Pocahontas was the ****, don’t get me wrong, but filled with so many painful stereotypes. Doesn’t sound like this is going to be much different. Voodoo spells and Cajun ****, HOW DIVERSE!

Wait — isn’t that the name of Katie PrIce (Jordan) and Peter Andre’s baby?

hudgensvanessaofficial @ 01/14/2008 at 12:43 pm

new pictures video http://hudgensboy.skyrock.com

I Love disney @ 01/14/2008 at 12:47 pm

More pic:

Princess Tiana was originally named ‘Maddy’.

I’m looking forward to this too. It should have fantastic music!

Wow! An African-American princess for a change! It’s about time Disney comes out of the 1950s. She should have had braids to let you know she is African-American. I don’t like the fact that her hair is “permed” or relaxed like another race.
I’m African-American from Louisana and I am NOT into no voodoo! That’s what witches do. By Disney putting voodoo in the mix still seems biased to me.

I like Anika she was great in Dreamgirls great choice!!!!!

I NEED to leave a comment @ 01/14/2008 at 1:06 pm

@kfag

Disney has made some great films since walt died.

Such as Beauty and the Beast, The little Mermaid, Aladdin and more recently Enchanted!

Can’t wait till the movie comes out!

I’m with a lot of the other posters who say this is very stereotypical – not every black person in New Orleans believes in or practices voodoo. Nice try, Disney, but they really should’ve thought this out more. But this is great for Anika! She was great in Dreamgirls and has a very lovely voice.

Ace Tomato @ 01/14/2008 at 1:26 pm

I’m having trouble with the idea of a Princess in one of the 50 states. She couldn’t be American. Is she French?

It would be cooler to make her a black Disney princess where black women really were princesses. Make her Moorish or something exciting.

Sigh. There’s certainly nothing wrong with being a black American woman. I’m just peevish about the idea of American “royalty”.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All