John Mayer Sticks Up For Jessica Simpson

John Mayer Sticks Up For Jessica Simpson

John Mayer sticks up for his ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson in his latest blog entry, titled “DON’T EX WITH TEXAS.” Get it? Get it??? Oh, that Mayer.

Lately, Jessica‘s been getting a lot of flack for screwing up the performance of her current flame, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. Dallas crashed out of the NFL play-offs earlier this week when the New York Giants beat them 21-17. Here’s John putting up his dukes for poor ol’ Jessica:

“Dear Dallas and Surrounding Areas,

This isn’t a sports blog, and it isn’t a publicity stunt. (but have at me if it feels right.)

This is about doing what I think is right as a person, in this case speaking my mind.

I have never known anyone to have more pride in their home state and their upbringing in it than Jessica Simpson has in Texas. I don’t really follow sports, but I have played some of my biggest and best concerts in your state, and having witnessed how dynamic the spirit there is, I’m betting emotions are running high right about now.

All witty barbs, blogs, and fashion policing aside, that girl loves Texas more than you know. It’s one of her most defining traits as a person. So please don’t try and take that away from her. (You probably wouldn’t be able to, but it’s less work for all involved.)

I just thought it would mean something coming from the guy who has the absolute least to gain from this. And if I’m out of line in having written it, too bad. I can spare a Wednesday’s worth of bad press if it means sticking up for a good soul.

JM”

How sweet of him!

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Respect to John!))

ok ok, maybe I’m dumb, but I don’t get it. Somebody explain please ?

So sweet of him.

FIRST!!!

two buck chuck @ 01/16/2008 at 8:23 am

He makes it impossible for me not to like him. Argh. That’s so annoying!

vanessahudgensofficial @ 01/16/2008 at 8:26 am

new new video pictures http://hudgensboy.skyrock.com

simpsonslie @ 01/16/2008 at 8:30 am

If greedy money grubbling prostitute Simpson loved Texas so much, why did she turn a Cowboys game into a personal photo shoot jiggling her impants at the cameras all night???? Texas has a right to hate her and her fake accent. SIMPSONS HAVE NO PRIDE!

Jessicaandjohnsuck @ 01/16/2008 at 8:32 am

Douchebag John makes it worse if he thinks his endorsing a useless Simpson should make people like her. Oh wow, an ugly overracted songwriter that used her for cheap sex says stop being mean, ok, now I’ll forgive all her nasty cheap stunts and useless whorism. NOT! STAY OUT OF TEXAS!

What a sweet sentiment. How nice of John to defend Jess.

remember da truth @ 01/16/2008 at 8:56 am

Jeez, #7 and #8 really don’t show Texas in such a good light, Such venom — for what? Because Jessica Simpson rooted on her boyfriend at a football game? Do you think she WANTED her boyfriend to fail? Do you really think his playing has ANYTHING to do with her? Are you REALLY that shallow and stupid?
Obviously, by your anger and spitting nastiness, you show that you have less class and less sense than Jessica Simpson — and you have to go pretty low to go there!

Wow! First, we get Terrell getting emotional while defending Tony and now JM sticking up for Jess! I love it!!! Gotta love Football!!! :lol:

On a Happier note- “GO CHARGERS”!!!!! LMAO!

HAHA well, how funny, he draws more attention to it rather than letting it die down. It must really be getting to poor Jessica to be blamed for distracting the Cowboy quarterback when in reality, it is a major compliment to her that she would have what it takes to do so.

~*~Get Real~*~ @ 01/16/2008 at 9:31 am

anybody who watched that game knows, without a doubt, that it was the cowboys o~line who lost that game for them. they could not stop the gmens d~line for nothing in the world. tony was on his back more than paris hilton in that 2nd half.

~*~Get Real~*~ @ 01/16/2008 at 9:31 am
tony was on his back more than paris hilton in that 2nd half.

LOL! That was funny!

They should of played Anthony Spencer more in the second half. He was their saving grace.I went to high school with his mom, as he was born and raised in my hometown.They missed their opportunity by keeping him on the sidelines.

:) good for him.

Anyone who thinks or says that Jessica Simpson had anything to do with the Cowboys falling on their faces (remember, the team is made up of more than just it’s QB) is a moron.

John Mayer has always seemed like a decent person who tends to show class more often than not. And that’s more than can be said for many of the people we read about on these blogs.

Dallas Cowboys lost that game on their own. I don’t where they think Jessica Simpson has that much damn power to cause them to lose. Owens crying..give me a damn break. he better wipe them tears and get his ass in gear for next year. Man up!!!lol

remember da truth , did you even read the post by simpsonslie cause it’s right on? that’s why the self-serving girl is not liked.

toobad – do you really think that she had any control over where the cameramen chose to point their equipment? She wasn’t the only jiggly blond attending that game, dear. I’d be pretty excited and showing support for my new boyfriend if I were in that situation. Get real.

John Mayer is great. I can’t get his version of the Timberlake ” I Think She Knows” Interlude on YouTube out of my head, and now this sweet missive. He’s a gentleman and a guitarist.

I’m not a Simpson fan or a Cowboys’ fan but I have really never gotten the need for some women to hate Jessica Simpson.

The girl is harmless. She hasn’t done anything amazingly wrong and yet any time I venture into one of her post there are women getting off way too much on bashing the girl. It’s like bashing her is their little self-esteem boost for the day.

I get all celebs get bashed, but sometimes, I’m like, damn, what the hell did Jessica Simpson do to some of y’all?

Finally someone with a brain. Thank you for saying this!!!

Amen to that about Jess. Guess this site have all the intelligent people.
Lol, about Owens. The guy is a BIG SISSY!!!

It’s no surprise that John is sticking up for that tramp. He was sleeping with her for months and months and months so the loyalty is always going to be there — especially since he must feel like he and Tony Romo are kindred spirits (having Jessica be pimped to them by her father and all).

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All