Wentworth Miller Family Photo

Wentworth Miller Family Photo

Prison Break star Wentworth Miller, aka Michael Scofield, was in Memphis, Tennessee late last month to celebrate a family reunion of descendants of the late Dr. Green Forte Pinkston of Memphis and Cordova. Pinkston, the grandson of freed Mississippi slaves, died in 1963.

Pictured are (from left) Mila Jasey (Went‘s aunt), Rhena Jasey (Went‘s cousin), Leigh Miller (Went‘s younger sister), Wentworth and Jason Cox (Went‘s cousin).

Read up more of the Pinkston clan honor the pioneering Dr. Green Forte Pinkston at CommercialAppeal.com.

Thanks, KW!

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1019 » Show All

@ #152 Jealous are we wellwell???…if jealousy is the tone you hear..there is very little I can do about that.

some of your post was coherent and some of it not, but I gather your overall reaction is I am jealous…so ok. That’s neither here nor there for me :)

What bothers me, well well, is that you use the word “exploit” to characterize Wentworth Miller’s decision to attend a family reunion. As stated by another poster, his relatives in Memphis sent the article to the newspaper, not Miller. If there is anyone in Hollywood more private about his friends and family than he is, please name that person for us. I’ve been a fan of his for years, and believe me –I’ve looked–there is almost nothing in the media about Wentworth’s family. You will not find any pictures of them because he protects them. If he hadn’t been in The Human Stain there might not be any information out there AT ALL about his multi-racial heritage. He has done nothing to “exploit” his race, ever.

If you knew more about him, you’d know that he was in the middle of a racial controversy while a student at Princeton. He was labelled a racist due to a misunderstanding about a cartoon he drew. He could have revealed publicly that he was multi-racial then, but he didn’t. Instead he continued on with his life, just being himself, ignoring the haters.

What seems to be troubling you is the idea that his light skin has given him an unfair advantage compared to other “black” men. But perhaps his REAL advantage comes from family support, intelligence, and a mature perspective. Can you be happy for him that his family, through hard work, education and tolerance has come a long way since the days of their slave ancestors?

His fans love him precisely because of his uniqueness and his normalcy. I personally admire him for soldiering on for years to achieve a level of success in a brutal profession in a fickle, superficial industry. In all the years (he’ll be 36 in June) he’s been working as an actor, when has he ever tried to exploit his ancestry?? I mean, you can easily find something else to rag on him about that carries a h*ll of a lot more weight than your lame racial exploitation argument. Try his fashion sense…

@Vera and Sammie-you have no right to judge his aunt and sister. they are beautiful in God’s eyes. God made them. They are still beautiful! Went is his family. We all have own family. our family is still beautiful. I agree that your comment is very rude and disgusting! you should have respect for others….

Jealous are we wellwell??? @ 01/20/2008 at 2:24 am

My apologies Wellwell, I’ll try an be more articulate next time, only for you though :)

and Wentwood well said…………………………………………………………….

BLACK ITALIAN LEATHER SHOES, AND TIGHT DARK DENIMS TO EXPOSE HIS PENIIIILE AREA (that ones for you Samira) ;)

WELL WELL.

most of us here, liking you not so much.

You figure out what my RACE is.

How does “Wentworth” exploit his black image?

Jealous are we wellwell??? @ 01/20/2008 at 2:43 am

Hey Wentwood, I read your comment on how ” the human race are decsendents of Africans” …………..what is your theory or proof on this topic………(which has nothing to do with Went)…………………………………. just curious………………………………………………….. thats all…

BRING MORE RESPECT. ! ! !

Went have a nice family, you can not take a stand on a photo.
can not do this discrimination,(have to talk nice, about other people.(just a thought)

Will it been better, all of them have been models ? (boring)
like …interesting people, like human with brain.

people pay attention, well well likes the debates.
don’t feed that.
we all are children of god, we are in the same bucket.
and think that: maybe in this life you are white, but you cannot be good and tolerant with black, there is a chance in another life you go to the other side just to see how does it feel. and reverse.

HAS ANYONE SEEN “WENTWORTH MILLER ON WADE WILLIAM’S VIDEO DIARY”? IT’S PRETTY FUNNY. HA HA HA, CHECK IT OUT ON YOUTUBE. JUST TYPE IN “WENTWORTH MILLER ON WADE WILLIAMS VIDEO DIARY” THERE’S ALSO A SECOND PART WHERE WADE TAKES HIS CAMERA AROUND THE SET AND TRAILERS INTRODUCING THE STAFF, ACTORS AND CREW AND EXPLAINING A LITTLE OF WHAT THEY DO AND CRACKING JOKES ALONG THE WAY. IN A NICE VIDEO DIARY. WENTWORTH IS PASSING OUT SANDWICHES. HA HA HA HA. HE’S SO CUTE. ENJOY EVERYBODY.

Jst1ofme, thank you! I love it! :)

#158, ‘Jealous are we wellwell???’, read this:

There are numerous articles on the internet relating to this topic. This theory has been around for decades. Please don’t bring evolution into it…this is about tracing ancestry through mitochondrial DNA.

LOL :D :D
jealous are we well well @ 156
Oh yeS!!!!!
it’s you n………….. n…. n…… ??????? lol

Really??? @ 01/20/2008 at 8:50 am

He remarked on the Princeton controversy and the bizarre ironic tie-in with The Human Stain:

“To be perfectly clear, ‘passing’ is something that has never crossed my mind. Instead of stepping forward and explaining what I’d meant by the cartoon and positing my own racial background as evidence that I’d really meant no harm, I chose to remain silent. My attitude was, if they don’t get it, I don’t have to explain it, which was my way of saying that if they don’t get me, I don’t have to explain me. The people who knew me on campus and knew my background knew where I was coming from, but I think for most people I was just a name in the paper, and they probably assumed I was white.”

WOW @just1ofme ;-)

165 WHAT S THAT??

Really??? @ 01/20/2008 at 9:12 am

you can’t read?

lol I can thank you my question was “what’s that” what’s the purpose of this Wentworth’s comment? it’s out of its context and you just post it like that. My point is that all this should stop. It was not necessary to post that.

Really??? @ 01/20/2008 at 9:26 am

I agree with well well and maybe you guys don’t know about the princeton controversy! you should!

STOP PLEASE STOP IT!!!!!!!

ok I’m out, this **** will never stop. I’m sick and tired of some comments. the thing is :you don’t wanna read this then leave so here I go.
Went you’re doing a great job, I’m waiting to see you in a movie. We love you.Peace.

CrazyBoutU @ 01/20/2008 at 9:48 am

Sueli #141 :- [I swear this place is turning into PH’s site more and more every new WM item]*You’re sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!*

@stella, I’m sick and tired too of all these people. They will never leave him alone! Too sad!

In order not to feed the debate, simply do not answer !

We must leave them in their frustration, there was nothing to say about wentworth, it’s necessary to create a debate, anyone.

The next time, the debate will be what he is wearing, briefs gap or briefs calvin klein lol? who knows ??, because the mentality of some persons fell low here.

Wow, some very disturbed people hang around here. And there are some very idiotic comments, too. You know world is much more complex than you think. It’s good to read a book once in a while.

@ Chix #157..
WELL WELL.

most of us here, liking you not so much.

*******************************************

..an old russian proverb goes..”if you don’t have enemies in life something is wrong with you.”
Being a people pleaser is not my ambition on an internet board.

rflmao.. anyway I still find it funny y’all got in a tizzy about my opinions. But others outright calling his family members “monkeys” doesn’t rattle you. Amazing.

Yes go check out that Wentworth passing out sandwiches on Wade Williams’ diary..that’s just the sort of cutsie fluff you crave.

oh what a beautiful family s pic/ Dr Pinkston would have been very proud of them/ ISO speculating, it’s obvious that Dr Pinkston has moved his ass to garanty a better future for his descendants/ *rollingeyes* wellx2, if you want to change something it’s not the place for it, it’s full of Went’s lovers in here, you ain’t going nowhere/I’m sorry.

WHAT A HUMAN BEING MIXED WITH TWO CULTURALLY DIVERSE GROUPS WITH A QUESTIONABLE TOLERANCE FOR THE OTHER. PLUS, IF TRUE AN INCLINATION FOR THE SAME SEX PARTNER. AND TO PUT ICING ON THE CAKE THE LORD DECIDED TO MAKE HIM PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY DESIRABLE TO THE EYE’S SIGHT AND THE MINDS PERCEPTION OF BOTH RACES AND SEXES.

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1019 » Show All