Ryan Gosling is the New Jack Ryan

Ryan Gosling is the New Jack Ryan

Ryan Gosling will take on the title character in the Jack Ryan series by Tom Clancy, reports Moviehole.

The new film won’t be based on one of Clancy‘s books, but will still feature a young Jack Ryan (like Ben Affleck in The Sum of All Fears).

Both Harrison Ford and Australian filmmaker Philip Noyce, who brought us Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger), will not be returning to the Jack Ryan series. Alec Baldwin originated the character in 1990′s The Hunt for Red October.

Paramount apparently has the rights to make a film based on Jack Ryan and doesn’t need Clancy‘s permission to move forward with this film project.

• Snooki steps out after giving birth to her second baby- US Weekly
  • Taylor Swift is getting sued by a chauffeur service- TMZ
  • Netflix has added some new films to their collection- Entertainment Weekly
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Bryana Holly knows how to heat up the desert- Hollywood Tuna

2ND COMMENT!! WHOAA!!!!!!!! :)

hm, sounds interesting.

i LOVE ryan!!!

i love him he is so cute. its to bad him and mcadams didnt work out she was cute too…

he’s sooooo cute! total doll.

christyjolie @ 01/21/2008 at 12:30 pm

I AM IN ABSOLUTE LOVE WITH HIM!

he’s gorgeous and SO talented.

I loved him and Rachel together, I wish they could have worked things out!

Maybe Rachel McAdams will play his wife in the movie!
Regardless of their relationship, those two work MAGIC together on screen! I’d go see this action movie if they did it together.

Bystander @ 01/21/2008 at 1:13 pm

Well, they don’t need Clancy’s Permission and apparently no story…since the writers are still on strike

omg ryan!
i loooove him :)
SUCH a talent.

the_boyfriend @ 01/21/2008 at 1:42 pm

I love him, he’s so talented and handsome…but I hate he’s doing this, those movies suck. zzzzzz.

LOVE ANGELINA @ 01/21/2008 at 1:45 pm

I love Ryan Gosling. Rachel Mcadams not sooooo much. I am not sad they broke up.

This sounds like a good project for him.

does that mean no lovely bones movie in his future?

can we officially rejoice?

My God, I wish he didn’t have such a menacing scowl.

i said it @ 01/21/2008 at 4:47 pm

Some people need a life….both Ryan and Rachel have move on with their lives. Its time for some of you to get over the breakup and move on.
BTW, I think this is a great film for him…can’t wait to see it!

He will be good! Loved him in the last movie!

Is he still with rachel mc adams??

I LOOOOOOVE HIM!

I HAVE JUST STARTED LOVEING THIS BOY!!!! HE IS UBER GORGEOUS!!!

This is bullshit. Ryan won’t do this.

he is hotttt

money.fame.sex @ 01/21/2008 at 11:16 pm

Before you ask girl to marry you. Pls. don’t talk to you friend said you want hook up another red hot actress. Don’t pretend that you like people call you are ****. Beacuse you are ****. …..Yes.Your aren’t the easiest person to deal with.
F*ck You! You are suck. Stop cheating your ex, girlfriends,friends.
Hollywood f*cker!

gosling20070709-20:12&rg20070712-22:18

I dunno much about Jack charachter, but Ryan is a great actor, I am sure it will be good. http://arabaquarius.blogspot.com/