Production Halt on 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus'

Production Halt on 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus'

Production on Heath Ledger‘s latest fantasy adventure movie, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, was shut down hours after news broke of the actor’s untimely death.

“I just got the call [Tuesday] saying everyone was being let go,” an on-set source in Vancouver tells Us Weekly. “We were supposed to start this weekend, but obviously they fired everyone today. They don’t know yet what they are doing with the footage that was already shot. Right now, everyone is in complete shock and can’t even speak.”

Heath was last photographed on set dressed in a clown costume on Saturday.

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
queenbutler @ 01/23/2008 at 1:46 pm

complete shock…got that right. I am too..

He was smiling in one of the on set pictures too. =/

R.I.P I LOVE U

tremendously sad. such a horrific loss.

RIP Heath…you’ll be missed!

a realist @ 01/23/2008 at 2:04 pm

My heart goes out to Michelle and baby Matilda. My condolences to the whole Ledger family. Rest In Peace, Heath.

My prayers are with him and his family, especially Michelle Williams and daughter Matilda Rose. RIP Heath….you will be missed deeply!

Condolences to family and friends. Heath had so much talent and he seemed like a heck of a nice guy too. I hope he knew how much he was loved by fans.

Rest in peace heath ! You ll be missed !
We love you ! (K)(W)

I can’t stop thinking about this loss..R.I.P.Heath :(

thisisfreakingawful!!!!!!!!!!! @ 01/23/2008 at 2:27 pm

RIP HEATH LEDGER. Keep strong Michelle, your daughter needs you more than ever. All Heath’s relatives, be strong.
Here in spain, the notiece has been very heard, and for those like me who love cinema, we have realized the human loos acting has suffered. He was such a great actor, with so much talent and a career just starting now.
But you never now what life will give you, hope it was an accident, because i cant believe he could have killed himself. He had everything in life, talent, people who loved him and a precious daughter, that now has to grow up without his daddy, so so so so sad for Matilda, and of course for Michelle, hard time are coming, but u have to be strong
all my prayers go with heath’s relatives with matilda and with michelle. It will be wierd to see the new batman movie knowing that Joker had made his last appearance in a movie.
RIP, still cant believe it. I cant watch A knights tale now without wanting to cry, without wanting to wake up from this nightmare, because i cant belive it, i just cant belive it.
Hope you guys that post in justjared are with me on giving all the strength we can for Heath’ family.

Laura, from spain :(:(:(:(

thisisfreakingawful!!!!!!!!!!! @ 01/23/2008 at 2:28 pm

by the way, here in spain is 20:28 pm, just wanted to say it lol loved you heath, we will never forget u

Silence_Is_golden @ 01/23/2008 at 2:33 pm

This is so tragic, I’ve been sad all day long :-(
My heart goes out to Michelle and little Mathilda.
This almost feels like River Phoenix all over again…

Rest in peace Heath

Forgive me
if you, my beloved,
my love, have died

All the leaves,
will fall on my breasts.

It will rain on my soul,
All day, all night.

My feet will want to march,
to where you are sleeping.

but I must go on living.’

“The Dead Woman” by Pablo Neruda

This is so sad. One of the best actors of our time :(

Beautiful poem #14 from the movie “Truly, Madly, Deeply”

Rest in peace, dear Heath Ledger. Too young to die. Stay close to Michelle and Matilda. Play and visit with your daughter in her dreams.

Still in shock. so much sadness. That only bit of film will be legendary like the unfinished film Marilyn Monroe left due to her untimely death.

Hollywood has suffered a tragic loss, he was one of the best and most daring in the business.

He is already and always will be missed. My heart goes out to Michelle and the rest of his family. Most of all, his daughter! She will never get to really know him, being so young. Know that your father was an amazing talent and was loved by many!

that sucks I was looking forward to that film

Poor terry gillian @ 01/23/2008 at 3:47 pm

That man has more problems getting movies shot.. tragic luck this director has.. I wouldn’t be surprised if he just gave up movies altogether..

I am still disappointed that they never finished The Man Who Killed Don Quixote starring Johnny Depp.

Now they will never be able to finish this without Heath.. and to reshoot all of his scenes would cost the studio too much!

This is a tragic death that affects the lives and jobs of many…

sad.. sad.. sad..

So sweet in that clow costume. That smile I’ll never forget….

I don’t know why this bothers me so much.

Perhaps because he’s the first legit celebrity to die in a very long time. This guy is highly recognizable for me. I didn’t give him a second thought really in my daily life but I know exactly who he is. I always thought he was one of the most beautiful actors. Perfect facial features.

More than anything, I think it’s the age that bothers me and the fact that this might have a link to insomnia. I have had insomnia problems and it scares me to know that there’s a tiny chance that this guy might have essentially died from his struggle with that.

# 22 I completely agree with everything you say. I feel exactly the same, insomnia and all.

please come back :(

saad khan @ 01/23/2008 at 5:04 pm

devastating death of heath ledger ….shocked me…it was unbelievable and sad…still cant believe he is dead..God give strenght to his family…i still remember watching his movie 10THING I HATE ABOUT YOU…and cant believe he is no more…love him and GOD bless him..Peace.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All