Keith Ledger -- Who's That?!?!

Keith Ledger -- Who's That?!?!

The news of Heath Ledger‘s untimely death dominated search engines yesterday.

All things Heath filled up ten of the top 20 most popular search words, according to Google. Search strings included his family (former fiancee Michelle Williams and their daughter Matlida Ledger), his apartment address (421 Broome Street), and his most famous movies (10 Things I Hate About You and Brokeback Mountain).

Curiously enough, Americans don’t know how to spell and the second most popular search string yesterday was “KEITH LEDGER.” Smart!

Even smarter are the search strings found at #50 and #58 at Google Trends. Ridiculous!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

i cant believe it! it just sucks!

Te amo matias de celeste @ 01/23/2008 at 2:56 pm

te amo matias de celeste

Keith is his father.

I believe.

Rest in peace

Hey Natalie–his father is Kim Ledger.

Wow that is alot of searches

Mrs. Phoenix @ 01/23/2008 at 3:05 pm

Kis is his father.

Mrs. Phoenix @ 01/23/2008 at 3:05 pm

Sorry, i meant Kim.

foreverledger @ 01/23/2008 at 3:06 pm

hahahaah R.I.P though.
you’ll always be missed

Goodbye Heath, we’re going to miss you!!

Ah ok.. thanks Jared

i feel awful today :( so sad
RIP gorgeous

┈━═☆•.°/.•La Yari @ 01/23/2008 at 3:37 pm

yeahh…america is dumb!!!!
today i was scream it out loud in the hall ways of my school,
n 9 out of 10 were like “who is heath ledger???
i was like BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!!!!

ALSO NUMBER 11 REFERS TO HIM

┈━═☆•.\°/.•La Yar @ 01/23/2008 at 3:40 pm

but im surely going to see batman!!!
I’LL MISS LOTS!!!

Yep, thats the number, sorry :p

If you don’t know enough about him to spell his name correctly, why would you google him? Hilarious. Some people just like to be right on top of things I guess.

It’s sad about his passing. I don’t know when people are going to quit dabbling with drugs. Or what it will take to convince people that it’s not worth risking everything for. It seems to be a one-way ticket to death yet you just never know when you are dealing with a leathal combo. People continue drug use because it’s not currently killing them. I doubt Ledger wanted to die but that’s the reality now. There are no guarantees with drugs. People are needlessly dying to achieve some “high” that doesn’t really matter. I feel worse for the people he left behind than I do for him. But hopefully God will rest his soul anyway.

Yeah..RIP Heath!
Anyway I think u haven’t noticed #50 keith fletcher..sad but kinda funny though!

there are 29 refering to him if you don’t count the entertaiment news/ hollywood news search

jj you're slipping into trash @ 01/23/2008 at 3:59 pm

DONT BE SO TRASHY JARED!!! we dont need another PH.

youcantspellmatilda @ 01/23/2008 at 4:37 pm

it’s matilda. not matlida. just sayin.

No big deal about the misspellings and the searches that are a tad off. People were interested in finding out about him now that he’s dead. They want to know what was going on with him before he died so that they can get a better feel for him as a person. A lot of folks I know didn’t even know who he was. They realized who he was when I mentioned that he was the baby’s daddy of “the other girl” from Dawson’s Creek.

Oh God, I hope you’re not a Brit Jared!

I’m glad people care.

Does anybody else find this very surreal?

I can’t believe that he’s gone.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All