David Beckham Blogs About Sierra Leone

David Beckham Blogs About Sierra Leone

Soccer stud and UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham just blogged about his recent trip to Sierra Leone with UNICEF. Here’s what he posted at his official website:

“I’ve just returned from visiting Sierra Leone in Africa as part of my role as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. I was honored to be invited and though I saw many problems and issues to tackle, I was heartened by the incredible and selfless work UNICEF and other agencies are doing on the ground to help. I was also humbled by the people of Sierra Leone who despite the problems they face, keep smiling and are hopeful for the future. They made me feel extremely welcome in their country and I will never forget the experience.
One in four children die in Sierra Leone before they reach the age of five and many of the diseases that children suffer can be prevented. I genuinely hope that by visiting the affected areas and spending time with some of the people there, it will draw the world’s attention towards the problems children face not only in Sierra Leone but similar situations across the world. If you want to make a donation to the fantastic work that UNICEF does then please click here.

David
DavidBeckham.com

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

second.
he’s so lovely :)

wow, i just saw him in Manchester like….half an hour ago lol

PUHLEASSE! Instead of spouting facts- why not ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING about it! If anyone could- HE could… give me a break with all your false caring crap!

really well written blog though. good for him. at least he uses his celebrity to bring attention to something good rather than other stars…well, i guess britney brings awareness to the whole mental illness issue.

Looks like someone may be adopting a new child…

-dj

dreams@hotmail.com @ 01/24/2008 at 12:30 pm

no way did he write that blog himself.

Come off it, told by his PR GURU, u know that posing in underwear like a male hooker, lets do something that is credible, u know, I KNOW CHARITY WITH POOR KIDS…..**** OFF U WANKER, YOUCOULD PROBALBY FEED THE KIDS FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES WITH THE MONEY YOU ARE GETTING FOR PLAYING “SOCCER” NOT. WOT A TOSSER

dan@hotmail.com @ 01/24/2008 at 1:12 pm

Aww how touching! (cough, cough). While he was doing his goodwill, his wife was buying $1,000 handbags, and $’000′s of Dollars worth of clothes! Don’t get me wrong he seems like a nice guy, but I don’t buy their bullsh*t.

They both seem so orchestrated. Everything they do is to get more publicity.

Is girly voice and his masculine wife adopting a baby too?

dan@hotmail.com @ 01/24/2008 at 1:14 pm

I agree with inmomar. In a way its good that he went there, just for awareness. But only fools would believe the hype that is the beckhams

I would preffer to be adopted by the Jolie-pitts .

Yes, another white person holding a malnurished African child. Thank God for them!

( . Y . ) @ 01/24/2008 at 2:06 pm

That’s a great picure

wow, he makes me love him.

See I like him when he’s not with his awfu lpouting pneumatic-titted beanpole wife. She brings him down to gutter level. If only he left her to get with that horny pig m*sterbating slag Rebecca Loos, then he would be much happier. He was actually smiling in those pics with her in Madrid. Probably cos she was giving him a good rodger-ing

Dirty Denise @ 01/24/2008 at 2:23 pm

what a sweet guy

I doesn’t he adopt her, she clearly needs him.

Dirty Denise @ 01/24/2008 at 2:25 pm

I’m gonna give to UNICEF. I wanna help them.

a realist @ 01/24/2008 at 2:31 pm

tEALEAF @ 01/24/2008 at 2:24 pm

I doesn’t he adopt her, she clearly needs him.
******************
First of all, how do you know that child is a her.

Secondly, how do you know the child is available for adoption. Just because he is holding a child does not mean the child does not have parents.

Just because they are poor, does not mean they are up for adoption.

He-who-shall-not-be-named @ 01/24/2008 at 2:36 pm

It’s high time that JJ ADD the Beckhams in the celebrity quick search, they have almost surpassed Brangelina in the amount of monthly threads and publicity!

I’m still not entirely sure whether to believe the Beckhams philanthropy causes are from the heart, but I will bet that David is more real and compassionate. Victoria was down-to-earth when she started with the Spice Girls, but she became a plastic/phony person the more she was entitled to David’s money after a high profile marital life. She hardly smiles anymore. Take a look at vintage Spice Girls videos and see how much the woman has changed!

The world should stop wasting money setting up faux global warming goals, staying agreeable towards the evils of dictatorship, cruel, primative religious practices and allow the money to flow towards captialism and free trade to all who will need it worldwide. Then the children, handicapped, muti-cultures and women wouldn’t suffer from lack of sanitation, food, shelter, jobs and basic education. Stop visiting foreign places to gawk at different cultures that don’t work as fair to all.. so they make nothing from your tourism, and don’t use drugs.

Wow , when I think his wife spends like 100 000 S each month for bags and clothes, it makes me seek!

Everything they do is to get more publicity. Also, there is no way he wrote that himself. I’m surprised he can spell his own name.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All