Jessica Alba: Breastfeeding Scares Me

Jessica Alba: Breastfeeding Scares Me

Jessica Alba’s gave her first television interview to Extra!, dishing on how she is handling her pregnancy.

On being pregnant: “It’s quite a blessing and perfect timing.”

On how she’s feeling: “Definitely a lot more emotions. Anything could make me incredibly angry or break down crying. That’s not something I’m used to.”

On having baby dreams/nightmares: “It [dream] had to do with breastfeeding which is the only thing I’m paranoid about. More than giving birth.”

On how she is staying in shape: “I try to eat as healthy as possible…Exercise. As long as I don’t gain too much, too fast, that’s the key.”

35+ pictures inside of parents-to-be Jessica Alba and Cash Warren

Photos: Frazer Harrison/Mark Mainz/Getty, DiSciullo/Bauer-Griffin
Posted to: Cash Warren, Jessica Alba

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

First hahaha, she looks wonderful!

shes already got the glow

third haahahahahahahahahah
yeah how she’s beautiful

VIVA JESSICA ALBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she doesnt have much *** maybe thats why she is so sad

I remember a while back she said she just wanted one night stands and did not want a serious relationship.

I’m guessing she changed her mind?

lee butler @ 01/24/2008 at 12:59 pm

i was i was her baby just for a chance to suck on those nice boobies. ga-ga-gee-gee-goo-goo time for a feed mommy.

she is gorgeous! absolutely flawless.

Well be better snap out of it. Baby needs his/her mama milk lol!!!

dumb ho! breastfeeding a baby is good!
what does she wanna then? just breast feed her usband?!

DUMMY!

[~F a m o u s~] @ 01/24/2008 at 1:13 pm

stupid twit.

she’s not alone. I am finding more and more mom’s are beginning to question their ability to do what was once just considered normal.

What’s to be scared of? It’s the most natural thing in the world to do. She should just ask one of her relatives she so thoughtfully mentioned pops babies out all the time.

um sandrine i dont think you should say “VIVA” jessica alba. she might get offended. cause you know, shes not REALLY mexican.
God she gets on my nerves. **** her.

Regular Poster @ 01/24/2008 at 1:25 pm

“It’s quite a blessing and perfect timing.”

How come that none of these celebrities ever come out with a more sincere statement like “pregnancy makes you nauseous, heavier, uncomfortable and sick in the morning”? How come that all of them choose to extol the virtues of a condition that is neither easy nor any bed of roses?

Publicity seems like a really hard task to me. You have to play up to the feelings of the audience or it has been said to be her feelings. Which means that I’d rather have my very comfortable, obscure life somewhere than praising something that makes me sick for the sake of a job and career.

every new mum is scared at first, and it does hurt. its toe curlingly painful but gets better. not that i mean to scare you or anything.

the_original_nika @ 01/24/2008 at 1:27 pm

Women tell all the time that breastfeeding is hard, I mean cause the baby sucks really hard then leaving the nipples hurting.
lmao #9.

the let-down reflex, thats what its called. and it hurts like a motherf*cker, have fun jess. pregnancy and childbirth is torture not a bloody blessing.

She looks lovely but she really shouldn’t worry about breast feeding; it’s the most wonderful thing, I look back on doing it with only fond memories. Now giving birth, that is f*cking horrendous!

Perfect Timing? Yeah right, she got pregnant just to keep that idiot Cash Warren…Now she’s sporting a huge rock on her finger (that she paid for with the money she got paid for being a crappy actress) which is all she wanted in the first place (does anybody remember, not to long ago, when she was about to end things with Cash because he didn’t want to commit)? Whatever.

you know she’ll be breastfeeding up a storm…cuz it boosts your metabolism and makes u lose the baby weight faster! she is obsessed with her weight!!!

she’s hot tho!

LL cool beans @ 01/24/2008 at 2:02 pm

I’m not sure why it’s more annoying to hear her talk about herself than any other vapid, crappy actress but it is. She always looks like such a sourpuss and never comes across as grateful for her life or humble.

It’s because those ******* don’t want their breast to be jogging on the floor!!!

I love that she has terrible skin now! haha

Breastfeeding is natural, but it does not feel like it the first time that you do it. Most women would tell you if they were totally honest that the thought of breastfeeding is scary to them when it is your first child. Once you do it you come to love it and can’t imagine doing it any other way.

she’s not suppose to be drinking coffee!!

#26, I feel the same way and I bet the ultimate horror is her realizing she’s going to have to care and love for someone more than herself.

And I’m sure her biggest fear is about boob saggage. I like how people are people nice and giving her legit reasons.

Nursing a newborn can be really hard work, but each baby is different and hopefully hers will latch on quickly. Bet she’ll have a beautiful baby- hope she teaches him/her a little about her Latino culture though.

JJ, PLEASE remove the pic of Michelle Williams and Baby Matilda.

its probably decaf

Don’t call me latina!

Stellartes @ 01/24/2008 at 9:05 pm

Poor Jessica…must be freaking out about her figure…she is starting to get heavier…it must be freaking her out….I guess no more of sticking her ass out on a beach…and I hope the baby really sux those boobs good.
Sorry folks….she is just so annoying!

she did NOT say that ‘timing’ thing, did she! perfect timing, as in to keep the b/f around?

THEY WILL LOOK LIKE ERASERS!!

People despise this dour faced b i t c h . Why keep writing posts about her?

because it’s fun to b i tch! eff ‘positive attitude’ – such an american export!