Scarlett Johansson's Album Drops May 20

Scarlett Johansson's Album Drops May 20

Scarlett Johansson‘s debut album, Anywhere I Lay My Head, will officially drop on Tuesday, May 20.

The album will be released via Rhino Entertainment’s Atco Records and will feature 10 Tom Waits covers and one original track.

Scarlett, 23, spent five weeks last spring recording the album in Maurice, Louisiana. The actress-turned-singer has song collaborations on the album with Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zimmer, Celebration’s Sean Antanaitis and TV On The Radio’s Dave Sitek, who produced.

Listen to Scarlett sing the track “Summertime” for Unexpected Dreams, a 2006 charity album featuring movie stars.

Last April, Scarlett made a surprise appearance with the Jesus & Mary Chain at Coachella festival.

Photos: Cpl. Scott M. Biscuiti
Posted to: Scarlett Johansson

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

no. just no.

Sarah halles @ 01/24/2008 at 3:48 pm

What? This will discredit her as an actress.
Stupid mistake. Katherine Hepburn didn’t put out any albums and that was the direction Scarlett could have gone. Too bad, so sad.
Making a fast buck isn’t always a great idea. I don’t see Cate Blanchet having any cd’s out.

hypocrite @ 01/24/2008 at 3:48 pm

She’s actually a REALLY good singer. Check out her rendition of Summertime on youtube.

I can’t wait to see how she covers one of my favorite artists (Tom Waits)!!

She is a breath of fresh air compared to all of these other 20 something “celebs”.

FOURTH YEAH§§§§§§§§§§

josephine @ 01/24/2008 at 4:00 pm

oh god no.

7th?

Well… HUGE MISTAKE!!!

She’s great as an actress and she should stick to that.
This will be… how do i put this in a nice way?

HORRIBLE.

There’s no other word who can describe it better.
I can’t see Scarlett Johanson on tour and stuffs. That’s just NOT her.

I’m sure she’s gonna regret this for a lifetime.

TOO BAD FOR HER!

Why is everyone bashing Scarlett when her album isn’t even out yet? For all we know, she could be an amazing singer.

its actually a typo Jared, her real album is called. I Lay On Your Bed For £1.50 plus tips

hypocrite @ 01/24/2008 at 4:07 pm

Who said she would tour? And this isn’t some kind of throw away pop record a la Lindsay or Hilary. This is a cover album from one of the most underground, yet respected artists out there. Maybe you should listen to it before you give such an assumption that it is a mistake…

hypocrite @ 01/24/2008 at 4:08 pm

You again, Didi? You have a really sad life. No sex, no friends, no boyfriend. Go out and live a little, loser.

it sounds pretty good it’s more classy

hypocrite @ 01/24/2008 at 4:08 pm

Zoe,

Check out the youtube video link I posted. It’s her singing.

In fact – here it is again for the naysayers!

I hate when celebs think they can do anything. If you’re an actress, you should do that. Period. Leave the singing to people who actually are prepared for that.

hi ange i missed you.

lolololololol 69696969 @ 01/24/2008 at 4:16 pm

**** it sucks balls.

she cant act or sing, good job shes woody allens *****

LOL Didi
I don’t think much of her acting abilities, however, she has a much better voice than most karaoke singers on American Idol.
And I would bet my bottom dollar that most of you haven’t even bothered listening to the sample, yet you universally pan her with prejudice.

Think about it, if Paris Hilton can release an album then anyone can.

She sounds pretty good, never heard her sing be4.
Like the song/music.

I love the song “Summertime” and Scarlett has such a great voice! I’m so happy she recorded an album and I cannot wait to hear it.

i did know she could sing! but im looking forward to it!

hate to say it @ 01/24/2008 at 4:50 pm

I hate to say it because I don’t like her [I think she is way overrated and all the fuzz makes her believe she is the greatest - which is very unattractive]. BUT she actually DOES have a very pleasant voice and she CAN sing. DANG! I hate her. ;-)

the real tita @ 01/24/2008 at 4:56 pm

Her voice was really good. Smoky yet able to reach the high notes easily. She should do an album. Don’t know what she’ll sound like on pop tunes but if she can carry a tune, she’ll sound good in anything.

That’s so strange to have a Caucasian person sing that. I’m not saying it’s wrong, it’s just strange. The first time I’ve seen/ heard it. If that’s her voice, she’s imitating the old-school originals pretty well. She’s not all that bad, but some people need to realize, just ’cause you can do something, doesn’t always mean you -should-. This is all very weird coming from her. I just saw her and just want to see her as an actress unless she is singing for charity.

noooooo, she act very good!!! I love her acting, but really, Im a singer, a real singer (soprano) and her voice is sooo ugly!! she sound like a *****!…scarlett you are beautiful and very talented in act, but please dont release an album, no with that voice….you have respect from your fans, dont destroy it….
dont be like stupid and no talent paris hilton …be intelligent

karito, well obviously she’s not a soprano so how could you properly judge what she is unless you’re a music instructor? She’s obviously an alto–which you are not–so how would you know? I agree though, she should remain to be see nas an actress only. It’s all become so very tacky with just anyone trying to sing and write trash books.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All