Jessica Biel is Pocahontas

Jessica Biel is Pocahontas

Jessica Biel portrays Pocahontas in an image titled “Where Dreams Run Free,” created by photographer Annie Leibovitz.

Dang, check out the guns on Pocahontas!!!!!

UPDATE: High-quality images were added at Disney Dream Ads by Annie Leibovitz

jessica biel pocahontas 01
jessica biel pocahontas 02
jessica biel pocahontas 03

Frazer Harrison/Getty

I love her so much.

And I’m a bit of a fan of Annie Leibovitz.

I didn’t know that Pocahontas was a tranee!! Damn she rally looks like a man, and not in a good way.

Wow. That actually very insulting. An actual native American hero is being portrayed by a white chick. Thanks Disney.

I agree with mary that is insulting

Fweet! I wonder what is all of this for?

They really do not know how to choose the right person for these themes.

I’d tap that.

#7, Bre

“In 2007, the Walt Disney Company hired her to do a series of photographs with celebrities in various roles and scenes for Walt Disney World’s Year of a Million Dreams campaign.”

I would agree that it would have been great to have a real native american celebrity poise as pocahotas, but in truth how many celebrities have native american blood in them. I guess that’s just the reality of hollywood, not great but still reality. Plus in a previous Annie Leibovitz/Disney campaign they had Alice in Wonderland (blond hair/blue eyes white girl) played by Beyonce. So I don’t think this campaign is sticking to our normal perception of the disney characters.

This one is horrible. She doesn’t look a thing like her

Jessica Biel is Pocahontas WTF Pocahontas is black

Horrible choice!
Jessica is fug!

Ewww! She’s horrible!

Annie could have chose somebody much better! Who gives a **** about Jessica anyway?! Justin is giving this horse a career!

the deer looks better than her!!

insulting….!

this is stupid

ihavenolife @ 01/25/2008 at 1:55 am

very strong arms indeed. :lol: she must work out a lot.

she must be the man in the relationship

and she doesnt look like shes running at all…she looks so stiff..

NO NO NO. Terrible.

Not BAD .. ;Pp

she’s got such a boy body.. way too muscular. and why couldn’t all of these pics be one post, i’m pretty sure they’re all realted to the same campaign?? guess, it’s a slow news day :/

i like jessica beil but pocahontas was soft looking and beautiful they should have gotten someone else.

i think jessica alba would have been a better pochantas.

lonilonis @ 01/25/2008 at 3:37 am

the people the master whom sh0wed us hitlers response to the olymipics is showing us… dont fit into the characters they are portraying

This is terrible Pocahontas was not WHITE!

not a good idea, lol

Wrong choice of the subject…Sooo wrong.

I’m Native American and I’m not offended by the actress choice because of race but Jessica looks awful. I’m all for buff, athletic girls and healthy bodies but she’s taking the working out a little too far.

To those complaining about not using a Native American for Pocohontas, Jessica Biel apparently claims a partial Choctaw heritage so technically, assuming she’s not lying, she is atleast part Native American.

I personally don’t see why the race of the person reacting the part matters, but like someone else stated, I think they should have used someone that’s a bit softer.

So, Peter Pan is not young anymore … Genie got fat-more like a fairy good mother … Jasmine got uglier and and Pocahontas is white … someone is on a trip.

I agree that Jessica’s all wrong to be portraying Pocahontas, but don’t say that it’s racism or an insult. Like someone said before, they let Beyoncé be Alice in Wonderland. They obviously don’t care about whether they’re white or black or whatever, as long as they do a good job. Okay, so Jessica doesn’t do a very great job as Pocahontas and THAT is why they should have picked somebody else. Not because she is white.

damn, she has a muscled sporty bod. Thats what Justin likes. http://arabaquarius.blogspot.com/

I amend my comment about Jessica and her Pocahontas, it is not about race, but really none of the celebrities are good at portraying any of the characters or they were cast blindly.

blackfriday1978 @ 01/25/2008 at 10:29 am

This is the WORST picture of the entire series… what’s going on?!

He-who-shall-not-be-named @ 01/25/2008 at 10:44 am

I think Nicole Scherzinger is a better candidate for Pocahontas!
Marc And J.Lo are O.K because Latinos share some similarities with Arabian Aladdin. Whoopi Golberg might work her character alright, bcoz she looks like a witch doctor/tarot reader from Louisiana, with her dreadlocks.

isn’t she too muscular for pocahontas? She looks much too masculine for this part. She’s not even indian so it just looks stupid. Sorry Jess maybe some tuff broad like ursula or something would be better for you.

This is so retarded. How dare they feature a white girl to portray Pochohantas! She is retarded for doing this, too. What else do you expect in racist America?

daymdatchelchel @ 01/25/2008 at 11:11 am

yuck !

I think she looks great!! No body fat, well toned. You all need your eyes checked if you all think she looks like a man.

Why is everything always about race?! I’m a full blooded navajo & really don’t care who they pick to be Pocahontas. Do you guys even know what tribe she is from? Probably not!! The real poncahontas was probably fat & ugly, because majority of native americans love their greasy food.

Believe me Jessica is an improvement.

why the h*** do they have jessica biel as pocahontas? That’s dumb.

Um, why does Pocahantas look more like she ra???wth?

I get they can’t find a Native American actress, but couldn’t they get someone who at least fits the part better? Why is POchanatas being sty lized as a white body builder?

Alice in Wonderland, Alladin, Peter Pan, Cinderella, etc were all make believe Pocahontas was a real woman yes not just a Disney character but a real woman who did alot for not just Native Americans but woman also (read up on your history people). How would you feel if they got Tom Hanks or Phillip Seymore Hoffman to play MLK, or if they got Vanessa Williams or Halle Berry to portray Queen Elizabeth?Pocahontas should not even be a Disney character they pretty much reduced her life to a fairy tale when she was so much more than that. I don’t know why Disney even considered portraying Pocahontas when there are no prominent Native American celebrities, why not Snow White or Belle form Beauty and the Beast. Disney is stuck in the 1950s and they refuse to move forward.

Angie Jolie would have been a better choice as she is part Native American.

al @ 01/25/2008 at 12:09 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

your disgraceful statement proves you arenot Native American..Jared can you please delete this racist post?

al @ 01/25/2008 at 12:09 pm

Believe me Jessica is an improvement.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JARED PLEASE DELETE #43″S RACIST POST AGAINST NATIVE-AMERICANS. THANKS. THEY HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH.

She has man arms. It freaks me out.

Pochantas was not built like a man

Pocahantas?! More like John Smith!

RachelSun @ 01/25/2008 at 4:35 pm

Thank you. I was going to say the same. The Native Americans I know are some of the most beautiful people. Adam Beach on Law and Order is full blood . There are Native American actresses but just not that famous.

As someone else said. All the other charcters are fictional so who cares what race portrays them but Pocahontas was a real person.

remember da truth @ 01/25/2008 at 7:47 pm

Oh please!! It’s called MAKE BELIEVE!!

jessica biel is gorgeous and the pics are wonderul. Look at the others — Hispanics playing Arabs, and old guy playing a perpetual boy, a black woman playing a genie….

Get real, people. It doesn’t REALLY upset you that Jessica Biel is a white girl pretending to be Pocohontas, anymore than the pictures of Kate Moss as Marlene Dietrich Annie Liebovitz did a few years ago offend you because Kate Moss is not German. What really ticks you off is that Jessica Biel is beautiful and you’re not, so you have to try to insult her to make yourselves feel better.

Pathetic.

the photo is okay…not that great but its not awful either. jessica’s okay i guess as pocahontas.

i didn’t know pocahontas was a man!

jessica biel has a fake butt, butt shots , butt pads all of the above and she is a faker and ugly on top of that.

I think Jessica Alba would have made a wonderful Pocahontas instead of her.This photo is nothing like the Pocahontas that I know from the disney movie.

IT IS JUST A F*CKIN AD WHO CARES WHO IS IN IT.YEA WHY IS EVERYBODY OBSESSED WITH BODY, RACE, AND ECT. JESSICA LOOKS GORGEOUS FOR WHAT I SEE, YES THERE ISNT NOT ENOUGH NATIVE CELEBRITIES. DAMN I CANT EVEN FIND THE RIGHT WORDS TO SAY OR PUT. AND #49/50 AL IS JUST STATING HER OPINON AND. IT IS NOT A F*CKIN RACIST COMMENT YOU MAYBE RACSIT OR NOT JUST SHUT UP B*TCH OR WHATEVER YOU ARE.

What a great body does she have!!. You are very beautiful Jessica, great pictures!!.

I don’t its a good idea to choose Jessica biel for the character,. she should be more slim and darker for the role. I prefer Keira Knighley for the role

annemarie @ 01/31/2008 at 8:32 pm

That picture has NOTHING to do with Disneys Pocahontas..

The David Beckham one and the one with Jennifer Lopez and Mark A. make sense but this HELL to the no.

Pfff… In spite of critizing, do the same. Jessica Biel is nice and Leibovitz is a great artist. Do you prefer she had taken Ugly Betty to play Pocahontas ?!!
Sorry for my english, I’m french.

I hope that they do The Little Merimaid, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan and The Hunchback Of Notre Dame soon.

they should have used leona lewis for pocahantas. but go figure i think they have her for giselle

they couldve used the actual voice of pocahontas Irene Berdard…looks more pocahontasy than jess….dumb photo

Eerrrrr, Jessica Biel is PART Native-American.

Do your research, idiots.

she is so ugly and manly, caveman for sure

she looks wonderful ,but isnt pocahontas supposed to have long ,black hair??
and jessica doesnt look like an indian at all!!!
she would be better as belle at beauty and the beast or something…

wow.
the insane amount of criticism on this page is a little astounding.
c’mon. jessica biel isn’t ugly, and yes she isn’t native american but as it was said beyonce portrayed alice sooo calm the hell down. how many of you are even native american?
lets all chill a bit.

@elena:

alright so shes part native american. even more reason to stop bitching.

umm.. jessica beil IS part Native American, so you can all shut up

pocahontas is more beautiful than that she’s gorgeous black tan,brown eyes long black hair so what the h*** is this??!!!!!!!

Mya Symons @ 12/28/2010 at 3:29 am

@Mary:

Jessica Biel is part Native American.