Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Jessica Biel is Pocahontas

Jessica Biel is Pocahontas

Jessica Biel portrays Pocahontas in an image titled “Where Dreams Run Free,” created by photographer Annie Leibovitz.

Dang, check out the guns on Pocahontas!!!!!

UPDATE: High-quality images were added at Disney Dream Ads by Annie Leibovitz

jessica biel pocahontas 01
jessica biel pocahontas 02
jessica biel pocahontas 03

ABC

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

i think jessica alba would have been a better pochantas.

lonilonis @ 01/25/2008 at 3:37 am

the people the master whom sh0wed us hitlers response to the olymipics is showing us… dont fit into the characters they are portraying

This is terrible Pocahontas was not WHITE!

not a good idea, lol

Wrong choice of the subject…Sooo wrong.

I’m Native American and I’m not offended by the actress choice because of race but Jessica looks awful. I’m all for buff, athletic girls and healthy bodies but she’s taking the working out a little too far.

To those complaining about not using a Native American for Pocohontas, Jessica Biel apparently claims a partial Choctaw heritage so technically, assuming she’s not lying, she is atleast part Native American.

I personally don’t see why the race of the person reacting the part matters, but like someone else stated, I think they should have used someone that’s a bit softer.

So, Peter Pan is not young anymore … Genie got fat-more like a fairy good mother … Jasmine got uglier and and Pocahontas is white … someone is on a trip.

I agree that Jessica’s all wrong to be portraying Pocahontas, but don’t say that it’s racism or an insult. Like someone said before, they let Beyoncé be Alice in Wonderland. They obviously don’t care about whether they’re white or black or whatever, as long as they do a good job. Okay, so Jessica doesn’t do a very great job as Pocahontas and THAT is why they should have picked somebody else. Not because she is white.

damn, she has a muscled sporty bod. Thats what Justin likes. http://arabaquarius.blogspot.com/

I amend my comment about Jessica and her Pocahontas, it is not about race, but really none of the celebrities are good at portraying any of the characters or they were cast blindly.

blackfriday1978 @ 01/25/2008 at 10:29 am

This is the WORST picture of the entire series… what’s going on?!

He-who-shall-not-be-named @ 01/25/2008 at 10:44 am

I think Nicole Scherzinger is a better candidate for Pocahontas!
Marc And J.Lo are O.K because Latinos share some similarities with Arabian Aladdin. Whoopi Golberg might work her character alright, bcoz she looks like a witch doctor/tarot reader from Louisiana, with her dreadlocks.

isn’t she too muscular for pocahontas? She looks much too masculine for this part. She’s not even indian so it just looks stupid. Sorry Jess maybe some tuff broad like ursula or something would be better for you.

This is so retarded. How dare they feature a white girl to portray Pochohantas! She is retarded for doing this, too. What else do you expect in racist America?

daymdatchelchel @ 01/25/2008 at 11:11 am

yuck !

I think she looks great!! No body fat, well toned. You all need your eyes checked if you all think she looks like a man.

Why is everything always about race?! I’m a full blooded navajo & really don’t care who they pick to be Pocahontas. Do you guys even know what tribe she is from? Probably not!! The real poncahontas was probably fat & ugly, because majority of native americans love their greasy food.

Believe me Jessica is an improvement.

why the h*** do they have jessica biel as pocahontas? That’s dumb.

Um, why does Pocahantas look more like she ra???wth?

I get they can’t find a Native American actress, but couldn’t they get someone who at least fits the part better? Why is POchanatas being sty lized as a white body builder?

Alice in Wonderland, Alladin, Peter Pan, Cinderella, etc were all make believe Pocahontas was a real woman yes not just a Disney character but a real woman who did alot for not just Native Americans but woman also (read up on your history people). How would you feel if they got Tom Hanks or Phillip Seymore Hoffman to play MLK, or if they got Vanessa Williams or Halle Berry to portray Queen Elizabeth?Pocahontas should not even be a Disney character they pretty much reduced her life to a fairy tale when she was so much more than that. I don’t know why Disney even considered portraying Pocahontas when there are no prominent Native American celebrities, why not Snow White or Belle form Beauty and the Beast. Disney is stuck in the 1950s and they refuse to move forward.

Angie Jolie would have been a better choice as she is part Native American.

al @ 01/25/2008 at 12:09 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

your disgraceful statement proves you arenot Native American..Jared can you please delete this racist post?

al @ 01/25/2008 at 12:09 pm

Believe me Jessica is an improvement.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

JARED PLEASE DELETE #43″S RACIST POST AGAINST NATIVE-AMERICANS. THANKS. THEY HAVE SUFFERED ENOUGH.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All