Heath Ledger Remembered @ G'Day Australia

Heath Ledger Remembered @ G'Day Australia

Heath Ledger was remembered at the G’Day USA: Australia Week 2008 black tie gala at NYC’s Waldorf Astoria on Saturday.

Australia’s consul-general in New York John Olsen read a letter written by Heath‘s father, Kim Ledger.

The unexpected letter choked up the 1,000 guests inside the grand ballroom. Tears flowed as the letter was read:

Heath is, and always will be, an Australian. He adored his home. His last two weeks with us over Christmas in Perth were just bliss. Heath did not become an actor for the fame or fortune. He loved his craft and he loved helping his friends. He loved chess and skateboarding too. My image of Heath in New York is him with his skateboard, a canvas bag and his beanie. That was Heath to me.”

A minute’s silence was held in Heath‘s honor after the speech was read.

Beautiful.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Aw…that’s so sweet.

R.I.P. Heath.

That’s so sweet…

It’s good he’s being remembered.
R.I.P Heath.
You will never be forgotten love.

melissa Trivino @ 01/27/2008 at 1:23 am

R.I.P Heath

You will forever be in our hearts… I will deeply cherish your movies…You were such a great actor filled with amazing talent. Thank you for your movies!!

Jesse fan @ 01/27/2008 at 1:27 am

What a loss.

missouri girl @ 01/27/2008 at 1:27 am

I always wanted Heath and Jen Aniston to hook up…he’s the next best thing to Brad Pitt.

the best Metteur en scene realisateur acteur de un spectacle VIVAnt
il etait parfait !
Unique !recordman

RIP Heath. You will be greatly missed.

Aww..that was a beautiful speech.
r.i.p heath. ;[

R.I.P
you’ll be remembered

bruisedlee @ 01/27/2008 at 2:09 am

Heath was probably supposed to be there.
And now his dad had to fill in for him :(
I wasn’t that big of a fan, but I so miss Heath already.
What a tragic, tragic loss.

r.i.p heath

Such a great talent.

R.I.P. Heath

What a lovely message. He certainly was cherished by his family as well as his many fans and will never be forgotten.

Everytime i watch brokeback mountain, I will think of you. RIP :(

Oh Heath. Why?

Zanessa rules @ 01/27/2008 at 5:39 am

R.I.P Heath . You re loved =]

YOU RE LOVED BY EVERYONE AND THAS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE…I WISH WE COULD RETURN TIME BACK SO WE HAD HAVE YOU AMONG US..:(

gunshy007 @ 01/27/2008 at 5:45 am

When we lost Heath we lost one of the great ones. I am truly heartbroken over his death.

#19 apart from being a disrespectful ****** you also have bad taste in music. Go advertise somewhere else. Idiot.

May he rest in peace and may his family and friends grieve the man they loved in peace.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All