Matt Damon Enters the Green Zone

Matt Damon Enters the Green Zone

Peep the first photo of Matt Damon on the set of the upcoming war drama Imperial Life in the Emerald City in Los Alcázares, Spain.

Damon, 37, is re-teaming with his Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum director Paul Greengrass for the adaptation of Washington Post scribe Rajiv Chandrasekaran’s book about the chaotic attempts of the United States to bring down Iraq leader Saddam Hussein and set up a provisional government in his place. The film takes place in the Green Zone in Iraq.

Production will later move on to Morocco.

Credit: mattdamoncolumn; Photos: laopiniondemurcia
Posted to: Matt Damon

Charley Gallay/Getty

michelle depp @ 01/29/2008 at 11:45 am

That’s a funny view in the pic…he looks like he has a major mohawk!!!

omgz nice hair.

arabian girl @ 01/29/2008 at 12:02 pm

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa
funny ilove it

yeah at first I thought it was amohawk. But look at all that gray hair LOL !It’s alright he’s still ok by my book. Nice guy.

[~F a m o u s~] @ 01/29/2008 at 12:11 pm

i’m over war films.

BECKY SMITH @ 01/29/2008 at 12:16 pm

IT IS GREAT THAT MATT IS WORKING WITH AMY RYAN ./.

THE BEN AFFLECK CONNECTION././

IS THAT HER IN THE BACKGROUND././

HE REALLY SUITS THE MILITARY ROLES././
HOPE TO LSEE PICTURELS OF AMY AND MATT TOGETHER~!~!

i really thought that was a green mohawk he had there
haha

I hope it will be a good movie. We r saturated with political movies lately, but I think the combo of matt and his team might produce a good quality flick. hopefully something good and unbiased

STOP SAYING “PEEP”!!!!!

“PEEP” the first photo of Matt Damon….”PEEP” this and “PEEP” that…

it’s sooooo annoying to read it all the time on your website!

Leave “PEEP” alone! Find a new word!

tutifruti @ 01/29/2008 at 1:18 pm

Too many war films haven’t made it. This sounds very political – what a waste of talent and definetely not entertaining.

celery gloss @ 01/29/2008 at 5:47 pm

heheehe I love him. First thing I thought was ‘looks like he has a mohawk’. haha

They use to make lots of war movies when the John Wayne and the Jimmy Stewarts and other Reputlicans were starring in them. Now that the Independent will star in them, some people seems to want to make it political. It is making a move about history. Some of us would like to erease this part of history or just pretend it never happened.

No, we don’t want to erase this part of history or pretend it never happened, we just don’t want liberal hollywood telling us what the facts are through their biased opinion ,were their more concerned of what people in India think of America then what is in best interest of America

I am sick of these phony hollywood types tiring to effect public opinion through their crap war movies, which try to hammer their politics over the head of America, no wonder all these movies have bombed here and make money over seas.

Wedding Peach @ 01/30/2008 at 3:27 am

I lived in the Green Zone. And proudly served.
Hollywood will never tell it like it is.
That’s why Hollywood will always, always, always lose money.
They don’t know how to humanize a war movie, and tell the deep, inside story of the people involved. If you look into a soldier’s eyes you will find a soulful, passionate human being. That’s the secret of being able to fight a war, and live to tell about it.

haha it looks like a marijuana leaf/ mohawk on his head.

does anybody no WHERE (city) In Morocco?

RYAN bURT @ 03/25/2008 at 7:27 pm

RYAN bURT @ 03/25/2008 at 7:28 pm

My sister in law is going to be in this movie. I want to be in it too. I think it would be great. I bet I’d rock that.

HIiiiiiiii guysssss i am on this new movie the green zone thriller when the movie comes out watch for a guy wearing red top in iraqi office!!!

i know two guys from my home town that are in this movies sounds awesome…cant wait to see it

unbuttoned 10 @ 03/21/2010 at 2:17 am

—Interesting that Hollywood has ALLL kinds of money for
this guilt-trippy, seen-to-death stuff —YET the epic and STILL
unfolding KOREAN War is once again mysteriously ‘overlooked’
on its 60th anniversary —THIS YEAR…

—Mustn’t upset our ‘fave’ creditors’ —eh boys?

the brothers grimmm

omg why wasnt he asked about heath?