Russell Crowe is in a State of Play

Russell Crowe is in a State of Play

Russell Crowe films his new movie State of Play on Monday in downtown Los Angeles, Calif.

According to IMDB, the movie is based on the BBC mini-series of the same title where a team of investigative reporters work alongside a police detective to try to solve the murder of a congressman’s mistress.

Russell replaced Brad Pitt in the movie due to disagreements about the shooting script.

More pics of Russell Crowe in a state of play…

russell crowe movie 01

• Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

first? lol

ZANESSA FOREVER @ 02/05/2008 at 2:52 pm

It will be a disaster if Hilary wins. America is gonna go down if
she wins.

ZANESSA!!!!!!!!!!

The BBC mini-series was fantastic & won loads of awards. I wish Hollywood would leave these things alone & stop re-making everything !

Always good to see Russell working-but hate the hair!!

I can´t understand now that I once thought that Russell was very good looking LOLLOL LOL!! But he is an excellent actor so I am sure he will do a good job in this movie!

Ouch! That hand!

-read my blog at http://fashionpoirot.blogspot.com

Passing Through @ 02/05/2008 at 3:55 pm

Ummmm….Russell…dude…lay off the fatburgers and beer, buddy! WOW! Somebody got really porky during their hiatus. No wonder he was free to take this role at the last minute. And I thought Ridley Scott told him to lose 30 pounds before they start filming “Nottingham” in April? In order to do that he’d have to lose the weight during filming SOP, which leads to continuity issues. I sure hope he doesn’t have a weight clause in his Nottingham contract….

BECKY SMITH @ 02/05/2008 at 4:33 pm

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE BEN AFFLECK ON THE SET././

WITH RACHELS MCADAMS AND THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS././

groundcontrol @ 02/05/2008 at 4:39 pm

Ack! Russell. Russell. Man some guys just do not age well at all. He looks awful. It isn’t just the food. You can’t drink and otherwise indulge as he has and not pay a price with your body and face.

Who’s idea is that hair?

Hope selling out on this movie was worth it.

Russell looks all man, all hunky … I love a little [not too much] muscular meat on a man. And the hair! Ah… nothing like natural chestnut waves.

It’s length gives me hope that he’s keeping it long for playing the Sheriff of Ridley Scott’s Nottingham, hopefully still on the radar scope and will get under way when the WGA strike ends… after filming on State of Play wraps, of course.

Russell’s aging naturally, which seems to bother some people. Not me. I’m so sick of botoxed, tucked, plucked, liposuctioned and hairless sissy boys “of a certain age” trying to look young. They never look natural and often ruin their acting careers because the camera doesn’t lie.

This movie is going to be sooo good now that Russell is in it and not Brad. Brad is too Hollywood to play a detective.

groundcontrol @ 02/05/2008 at 6:31 pm

Brad played an excellent detective in Seven. As did Russell in LA Confidential. Not so much Rough Magic.

I wouldn’t call overdrinking and overeating and otherwise overindulging, aging naturally. Maybe if he had taken better care of himself in his 30s, he wouldn’t look so bad in his early 40s. He needs Brad’s trainer for Troy (rumored to be soon training Brad for The Fighter).

Poor Russell. He has lost his looks way too soon. No matter how well you can act, looks play a big part in any career. If he can accept being targeted for good character roles then he’ll be fine.

Russell never had classic good looks – he was never pretty. His looks have always been rugged and charismatic. He definately still is sexy and has more sex appeal than alot of other actors his age.

anonymous @ 02/05/2008 at 7:26 pm

i love russell crowe he is a magnificent actor , i’m going to love this movie.

anonymous @ 02/05/2008 at 7:28 pm

by the way brad doesn’t have the look for a detective , he wouldn’t have been able to pull it off.

Aging naturally – for chriss sake the man is only 44 years old…I don´t think looking more like he is in his late fifties is hunky and natural! I must say I am surprised that he doesn´t take better care of himself.

He is palying detective in this film ? I thought the role is a top notch journalist.

I guess no one remembers a movie called “The Insider” ? Crowe put on 40 pounds for that – and took it off again.
The real life men I know in the mid forties look just like Crowe. The late fifties certainly don’t . LoL
Crowe is REAL. And that’s his appeal as a monstrously talented actor.
He’ll still be sexy in his 70′s.

Crowe is REAL. And that’s his appeal as a monstrously talented actor.
He’ll still be sexy in his 70′s.

Has anyone considered the idea that the ROLE may call for this detective to be a little on the heavy-side and the time period is when men wore their hair long? Plus, the scene in these photos – he’s just been beaten up! Yeah, he doesn’t look like a runway model! He’s ACTING – with make-up! Come on guys, Russell has ALWAYS played true to the character no matter how it made him look! Remember “The Insider”? He even had to get married with that long blond hair because he had not been released from M&C yet. He HATED that long hair and had it cut AS SOON as he got word he would not be called back to re-film any scenes.
Russell has a personal trainer so he’ll take it off, have no doubt about that!

who will watch this movie if this sh@t is in it? fugly

He is really fat and ugly.

anonymous @ 02/05/2008 at 9:07 pm

Russell is not playing a detective in this movie. He’s a journalist. he’s not supposed to be fat.

I guess it’s all a matter of taste but some people here have pretty low standards. Out of shape is not hunky.

Crowe is no longer at the age where you can put on weight and take it off easily. The Insider was a while ago and I think that weight gain affected his body for the worse and maybe permanently.

Sadly Crowe is going to age like Brando. It’s not going to be pretty.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All