Top Stories

Heath Ledger's Death Was an Accident

Heath Ledger's Death Was an Accident

Heath Ledger‘s death has been ruled an accident and the result of the abuse of prescription medications, according to the medical examiner.

The toxicology report says Heath died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine.

The five different medications found in Heath‘s apartment after his death included three anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium) and Lorazepam (Ativan), the sleeping medication Zopiclone (Lunesta) and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril).

Like Just Jared on Facebook

JJ Links Around The Web

Wenn
  • Teresa Giudice has been dropped by her crisis manager- US Weekly
  • Tori Spelling has been quarantined at a hospital for multiple illnesses- TMZ
  • Watch a battle round by DaNica Shirey and Toia Jones- on The Voice - Gossip Cop
  • Jonathan Bennett and pro partner Allison Holker show off their dance skills during a jazz number on Dancing with the Stars- Just Jared Jr
  • Fraggle Rock actor Gerard Parker has died at the age of 90- Entertainment Weekly
  • Who has been cast in Saturday Night Live?- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of The Affair- Lainey Gossip
  • The release date for The Conjuring 2 has been pushed back- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Natalie Gal shows off her toned tummy at a pumpkin patch- Hollywood Tuna

93 Responses to “Heath Ledger's Death Was an Accident”

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

  1. 1
    jk Says:

    very sad!

  2. 2
    Frenchy Says:

    I feel like crying…..

  3. 3
    Coco Says:

    Sounds like he was just desperate for some sleep. So tragic.

  4. 4
    crazydaisy Says:

    and a doctor gave him all of those drugs?

  5. 5
    Clarissa Says:

    It is so sad to know, that he felt he needed those prescription pills – all six and perhaps more…

    What a tragic way to go.

    Rest in peace, Heath. All my love.

  6. 6
    winki Says:

    such a loss, such a tragedy…Crying for you, Heath

  7. 7
    Damn Says:

    Heath :(

  8. 8
    Just me... Says:

    Just tragic :(

  9. 9
    a realist Says:

    My heart goes out to his family. His heart couldn’t take all that medication.

  10. 10
    sufiyan Says:

    may peace be upon you brother…

  11. 11
    !!! Says:

    @#4 Probably several doctors prescribed the meds to him – and probably without knowing what else he’s on already. :(

  12. 12
    cristine Says:

    they say he took only 6 pills but the mix was lethal
    I always thought it was suicide but now I know he didn’t want to die…I’m sorry Heath…May you rest in peace, beautiful one

  13. 13
    Kai Says:

    that’s a lot of drugs, i agree, no doctor should prescribe all that. A true loss :(

  14. 14
    kel Says:

    Oh Heath, Heath, i’m so sorry!

  15. 15
    simona Says:

    for some people and some doctors all that pills are like candies.
    stop taking pills and instead eat healthy, go to church and return to nature. i feel sorry for heath for being so fool.god rest his soul.

  16. 16
    woop! Says:

    i feel better that it wasn’t intentional but am still sad that he accidentally took his own life. he’ll miss out on so much. and so will we.

  17. 17
    Lola. Says:

    Accidental death? People, this is a suicide..

  18. 18
    Dal Says:

    so sad :(

    Rest in peace Heath.

  19. 19
    yuck Says:

    #17 i agree. no one accidentally takes all those prescription pills. taking 6 of anything is dangerous. i hope he’s at peace now

  20. 20
    Violette Says:

    That’s so sad.

  21. 21
    chloe taylor Says:

    yeah.. that was a suicide.. thats a lot of pills.. a lot of crazy pills. that aint no 6 advil people! its sad none the less

  22. 22
    BECKY SMITH Says:

    ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF ANNA NICOLE SMITH’S DEATH THAT HEATH LEDGER WOULD DIE OF THE SAME THING././ NOW HE
    CAN REST IN PEACE IN AUSTRALIA././

  23. 23
    inmomar Says:

    Lola – If he wanted to commit suicide he would just take A BOTTLE OF JUST ONE DRUG ******* – not a combination like this. The bottles werent empty when they were found in his apartment. Obviously he took pills for sleeping and pain, and sometimes when u take these drugs on a regular basis they fail to work so u think if u take more and more it will help, it dosent. I KNOW BECAUSE IT HAPPENED TO ME but I am alive, Heath was unlucky. SO SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT SUICIDE U WANKER.

  24. 24
    meamelia Says:

    I believe it’s suicide..they wudnt say if it’s true..rite?..they wud have to deny it after all..

  25. 25
    Anon Says:

    The Medical Examiner said the “cumulative effect” that means over time, not all at once! And If Heath was working in London and he was in need of a doctor, they would give him a prescription. Then he was in NYC, then he was working in Chicago before all that. So when you travel for periods of time and you aren’t feeling well, then you get different docs and different prescriptions. And if you had meds in London, but you forgot to pack them, well it’s not hard to figure out how he would get so many prescriptions. My heart just aches!!! So very sad. Our beautiful Heath just wanted to rest. All the haters who said he was a dope addict should all die!!! He was NOT a cocaine/heroin addict. He never was.

    I once took valium for muscle spasms, it is a muscle relaxer. Then at night I would take a sleeping pill, too. That could have been me!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here