Top Stories

Brad Renfro Died Of Accidental Overdose

Brad Renfro Died Of Accidental Overdose

Brad Renfro died from an accidental overdose of heroin, reports the the Los Angeles County Coroner.

The cause of death was “acute heroin/morphine intoxication,” and the drugs were injected.

“The final manner of death has been ruled an accident,” the coroner’s office reported.

The 25-year-old actor was found dead mid-January at his Los Angeles home.

Like Just Jared on Facebook
Posted to: Brad Renfro

JJ Links Around The Web

AKM-GSI
  • Bachelorette Andi Dorfman and fiance Josh Murray slam runner-up Nick Viall- US Weekly
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Bachelor alum Sean Lowe doesn't think Josh Murray is the one for Andi Dorfman- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Sports commentator Stephen A. Smith gets suspended by ESPN for domestic violence comments- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

47 Comments

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
# 1
GG OBSESSED! @ 02/08/2008 at 5:00 pm

again :]

# 2
[☆F a m o u s☆] @ 02/08/2008 at 5:02 pm

lol. i feel no way about these idiots fcuking up their lives.

# 3

Hopefully these deaths will get peoples attention and make them realize that alcohol and drugs are not a joke

# 4

who is this?

# 5

i am one of those people who does not feel at all bad for anyone who tries heroin. it’s a widely known thing that if you try heroin, you will get addicted. and the only person who can make you stick a needle in your arm is yourself, so thats what happens when you made very bad decisions like he did.

# 7

o my goshhhhhhh 2008 begin BAD for hollywood :
HEATH LEDGER’S death (rip heath)
REHAB REHAB REHAB amy,EVA,KIRSTIN ………
THE STRIKE …………
what the hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

# 8

R.I.P. please stop letting celebs die young!

# 9

How in the world is this and heath ledger’s death considered an accidental overdose. It is sad and tragic, but since when do you accidentally inject heroin into your body or take a bunch of pills and not expect anything to happen. I understand they want to protect there legacy or the perception of the situation, but come on.

Russian Girl @ 02/08/2008 at 5:20 pm

I remember him in “The client”…It so sad.Brad was lovely boy and probably good person. Sad =(((

#9, I was thinking the same thing too. How do they know that is was “accidental”. I am not saying it iwas or wasn’t but my point exactly is that NOONE knows. They could say medically-blah blah blah but motive is inconclusive.

RIP.

I really hope people will stop doing drugs. Even a little is not OKAY

998 bottles of beer (rich idiot celebs) on the wall…… jk

Poor boy. The horrors of a hollywood life.

–read my blog at http://fashionpoirot.blogspot.com

OMGG!! what is happening to the worldd?????
year 2008 is starting off really really weirdly!!!!!!
is everyone in hollywood gonna die of intoxication this year or what??

Rest In Peace.

(RR)
ReserveResult.com

like omg wtf @ 02/08/2008 at 6:28 pm

Who the fcuk is he?? I’ve never even heard of him and then all of a
sudden he is all over the place.
People who take drugs are idiots. Especially illegal ones like
heroin and cocaine, you are fcuking yourself up while funding criminals
who are involved in all kinds of stuff like sex trafficking.
I mean yeah, people are depressed and have problems
so they abuse themselves by taking drugs so whatever……blah
everyone is gay.

BRAZILIAN GIRL @ 02/08/2008 at 6:31 pm

poor guy
so sad.. =/

he was very talented, handsome..why my Lord, why?!

worse things that can happen w/ paris, mischa, 4 example
cuz hilton is NOTHING worthless

maybe he just wanted to feel better that’s why he took heroine it doesn’t mean he wanted to die. Same for Heath he just wanted to get some sleep but had become tolerant to pills and took one too many
if somebody really wants to die they take excessive amounts of pills or drugs. In their case the quantity was not excessive but it was enough to kill them
did you know that Brad had a son too? As messed up as he was I don’t think he really wanted to die

drugs you buy on the street like heroin are not quality controlled so you don’t know what dose you get or what kind of quality you are getting, and no one is supervising you…and then the addictive properties of a drug like heroin doesn’t help. this guy probably just built up tolerance and knew he needed more to get high but took too much :( sad.

like omg wtf

Who the fcuk is he?? I’ve never even heard of him and then all of a
sudden he is all over the place.
People who take drugs are idiots. Especially illegal ones like
heroin and cocaine, you are fcuking yourself up while funding criminals
who are involved in all kinds of stuff like sex trafficking.
I mean yeah, people are depressed and have problems
so they abuse themselves by taking drugs so whatever……blah
EVRYONE IS GAY

__________________________________________________

everyone is gay ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT’s THE CONNECTION ???
do you have problems with GAY?

The death of Brad Renfro is a tragedy, nothing less. Yes, he abused drugs. There are sooo many people out there (you know who you are, and yet you are in denial) who are just a pill or a drink away from the same fate. My hope is that those people will open their eyes and get help before it’s too late.

My sympathy to his family and his friends.

Those of you who think it’s OK to be judgmental about this issue either haven’t had a loved one in this situation yet, or aren’t aware that someone they care about has a problem. This is an epidemic that cannot be ignored.

Brad tried to get clean. And though his attempts to come to grips with his demons ultimately failed, but he was so much more than a junkie! We as a society need to reach out to each other without judgment.

This is VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!! I understand you need a thick skin to survive in Hollywood….I’ve had friends that have recovered from their drug addictions and they’re nobodies…they didn’t have the luxuries of the Renfro’s and the Ledgers, and the other stars that have accidentally overdosed from prescriptions or from pimping their drugs…This is very, very, dissappointing to read that it was an accidental overdose….I don’t buy it!!! I understand it was a struggle for him, but what is the purpose of his friends, his support group? Wasn’t he off drugs…?

Hundreds of millions of chickens, cows and pigs die every year
but you never hear anything about that. Because they taste too
yummy. I love chicken wings.

Polish_girl @ 02/08/2008 at 8:19 pm

it is sad that he dies at such a young age…but the words overdose and heorine and accientally don’t match…

If you taje heroine you screwed…and there is no such thing as accidental overdose…

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Comment and Share!








You have of 5,000 characters left.

A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here