Zac Efron Suits Up in Basketball Unform

Zac Efron Suits Up in Basketball Unform

Zac Efron sat down with Access Hollywood to chat about his upcoming film Seventeen, about an adult (Matthew Perry) who suddenly becomes a 17-year-old high school student (Zac). Here are some interview snippets:

On how close he was to not doing High School Musical 3: Oh gosh. No, seriously I am not going to be the guy who takes High School Musical away from all the fans. We owe everyone too much. High School Musical is a project I hold very close to my heart and I am going to complete the franchise.

On why he chose to star in Seventeen: It would have been really easy to go and play a kid. I could’ve done that in any movie. But playing a 37-year-old guy who is a kid is a little bit more interesting. It’s great when you have personal experience playing a character. For instance, High School Musical. It was pretty easy. I was playing a high school kid in his first love. Everyone has been there – I had just been there.”

On why he doesn’t talk about his personal life: “I think specifically relationships, it’s sacred ground. That’s something that needs to be between two people. Everyone else can get their noses out.”

zac efron basketball uniform 01

GG OBSESSED! @ 02/08/2008 at 6:23 pm

oy veyy<33

MovieMadness @ 02/08/2008 at 6:23 pm

second

MovieMadness @ 02/08/2008 at 6:23 pm

damn

I gotta say I admire Zac’s bluntness when it comes to the relationship issue. That’s why I like this kid. And dare I say it: First!

i LOVE HIM!!

and 3RD woo

kristen0606 @ 02/08/2008 at 6:24 pm

aww in this interview he lets it known that he is serious about his career but he isn’t going to turn his back on the movie that actually started it!! plus that bball uniform looks soo hot on him!!! :) can’t wait for this movie!!

ah cant w8 2 c seventeen!

Good for you Zac! You are such a class act and a genuinely great guy!

Playing a basketball player again in a stupid teen movie? One-note, much? BUT HEZZZZ SO HAWTTTT, SO HE GETZZZZ AWAY WITH IT. *roll*

love himmm<3

He looks great – and as always handled the questions wonderfully.

All credit to him….won’t turn his back on the franchise that made him famous….and thinks relationships are sacred ground.Good for you Zac !!!!!

finally something about ZAC!!

#1 Bad poster

Well I guess I jumped the gun and actually ended up fifth. Aw well the dream lives on, I’ve been first in a couple of Vanessa threads and a Javier Bardeem thread. Someday God willing I WILL be first in a Zac thread. *Inspirational music plays*

Love seeing our boy!

Good answer to personal life question.

woohoo he is hot and awww bout the relationship part!! Team Zanessa always

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ZAC!!! AND ZANESSA

he is so down-to-earth and amazing.. love him!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ZAC!!! AND ZANESSA

he is so down-to-earth and amazing.. love him!!

omg! he looks hot in that bball uniform!!! i can’t wait for this movie!! it’s gonna be soooo awesome!

canadagirl @ 02/08/2008 at 6:37 pm

aw, he is such a decent guy. so respectful of the hsm franchise and of his relationship. sit up and take notice guys. don’t kiss and tell!

zanessa 4 eva!! @ 02/08/2008 at 6:38 pm