Jonathan Rhys Meyers @ Irish Film and Television Awards 2008

Jonathan Rhys Meyers @ Irish Film and Television Awards 2008

Jonathan Rhys Meyers strikes his signature “bulgy-eyes pose” at the 2008 Irish Film and Television Awards held at the Gaiety Theater in Dublin, Ireland on Sunday.

The Showtime series, The Tudors, which was named Best Drama Series/Soap, swept up most of the trophies for the night.

Jonathan Rhys, 30, picked up Best Actor in a Lead Role on a Television Series for his critically-acclaimed acting as King Henry VIII. The Tudors costars Maria Doyle Kennedy and Nick Dunning also won the Best Supporting Actress and Actor in Television awards respectively. In the technical categories, The Tudors won the Best Costume (Joan Bergin), Best Hair & Make-Up (Jennifer Hegarty, Dee Corcoran) and Best Production Design (Tom Conroy) awards.

jonathan rhys meyers irish film and television awards 2008 01
jonathan rhys meyers irish film and television awards 2008 02
jonathan rhys meyers irish film and television awards 2008 03
jonathan rhys meyers irish film and television awards 2008 04
jonathan rhys meyers irish film and television awards 2008 05
jonathan rhys meyers irish film and television awards 2008 06
jonathan rhys meyers irish film and television awards 2008 07
jonathan rhys meyers irish film and television awards 2008 08

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Why does he pose with his ‘bed eyes’? I always enjoy looking at pictures of him, he’s so unphotogenic. Poor guy! So is Anna Paquin!

the_original_nika @ 02/18/2008 at 7:10 pm

love the tudors.
wow, how long have these two been dating?

WHAT THE **** WITH HIS EYES ALL THE TIME….HE IS SO SO GAY!!

buckeyegurl @ 02/18/2008 at 7:15 pm

Someone needs to go back to rehab.

he’s such a drug addict! it’s so obvious too. why someone hasn’t forced him to get help is beyond me?

wtf is up with eyes? any this guys a ****, all he ever does is slag off other actors

Goodness, he needs rehab!

he has nice eyes, but he SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME when he does that!!

What I really want to know is: Was HENRY CAVILL there? Anyone know?

his eyes freak me out in the main pic

nice eyes? are you serious?

Any relation to Amy Crackhouse?

operaghost @ 02/18/2008 at 7:59 pm

Good looking guy, but oh, I wish he would stop doing that.

uhh is he doing that to be funy?€??
kind freaky!

Does he do that on purpose? Because, there is a conditon that people get that bulged eye look. I know someone who has that. Which has nothing to do with drugs.

I love how he looks like such a psycho path but still great.

Whoa! That really scared me!

shenanyginz @ 02/18/2008 at 8:21 pm

y does he do that i dont think its attractive

HE IS SOO FREAKY. OMG.

MEYERS: GO TO REHAB.

Helena @ 02/18/2008 at 7:06 pm

___
I f****** it too. I’ve seen him just talking on tv and he looks fine. I also am a huge Tudors fan and he looks great there too. I can’t look at photos of him anymore. The mustache is so gross =(. God, he was so hot to me before…

I think he has a thyroid condition which causes the eyes bug out.

Why does he do that with his eyes ALL the time? Did someone once tell him that they thought it looked sexy? Got news for you babe, it makes you look psychotic, NOT sexy.

DAVID BANDA IS CUTE @ 02/18/2008 at 8:41 pm

IS THIS AN ASIAN FETISH? BECAUSE HIS GIRLFRIEND IS FUG!!
SHE LOOKS SO AWKWARD.. HE CAN DO WAY BETTER..

hes so good looking in movies such as august rush but man so unphotogetic

i’m sorry, the tudors is a joke. it’s a historical costume drama for dummies. they think all the sex & nudity makes them “edgy” instead of campy, they got pretty faces instead of actresses to play most of the female roles, and JRM is good in some things but unconvincing as henry viii. i can get over the historical innacuracies, and for awhile it was unintentionally funny in that “so bad you have to see it” way, but then i got bored & tired of having my intelligence insulted.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All