Edison Chen Quits After Sex Scandal

Edison Chen Quits After Sex Scandal

Hong Kong actor/singer Edison Chen made his first public appearance since his sex scandal broke earlier today, announcing his stepping away from the entertainment industry to heal himself.

“I would like now to apologize to all the people for all the suffering that has been caused and the problems that have arisen from this,” Edison said at a press conference. “I would like to apologize to all the ladies and to all their families for any harm or hurt that they have been feeling. I am sorry.”

1,300 explicit photographs of Edison with a string of Hong Kong starlets and pop stars flooded the Internet over the past few weeks. The pictures were copied by the staff of a computer repair shop from a faulty laptop believed to belong to Edison.

“These photos were very private and have not been shown to people and were never intended to be shown to anyone,” the 27-year-old said. “I have failed as a role model. However I wish that this matter will teach everyone a lesson. I’ve decided to do this to give myself an opportunity to heal myself and to search my soul. I will dedicate my time to charity and community work within the next few months.”

Ten arrests in connection with the scandal have already been made by Hong Kong police.

Photos: Junko Kimura/Getty
Posted to: Edison Chen

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

Is it odd that I find him a little attractive? LOL, guy should have known better than to drop the laptop off for repair with those photos. Major mistake.

Given a break. The the people who print these stories, the regular press and most politicians to more than this far more than this I launch. Are you getting paid to talk like an idiot. No quit on things like this you get a raise. Don’t be stupid.

eyes rolling @ 02/21/2008 at 3:07 pm

shut up #2

people like Paris, Lindsay, Pamela and all of hollywood’s ****** and man whores as well as UR dumb american politicians should take note and try doing the same.
Then maybe we’ll have some more civilized behavior from our public figures.

Why are people such enablers…im talking to you #2

TO #2: WTF!!! YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!

It’s the legal what they did at the repair shop. They should be shot in the skull and left next to the constitution of the United States.

The pope and all the Vatican consider what you did it typical Sunday for them. :)

justcruising @ 02/21/2008 at 3:16 pm

Who??

What a crock. This guy wants media attention and he’s willing to ***** out whoever to get it. The whole “I want to apologize” spiel just makes me sick with rage. He doesn’t want to apologize – he wants to launch his career and this transparent stunt just proves it! Note to the ladies – if a guy wants to take dirty pics with you RUN, do not walk, in the opposite direction.

Why do Chinese people have so many pubes?? Looks like you would need a safari had and a machete to get through there, damn!

all I know him from is The Grudge 2

eyes rolling @ 02/21/2008 at 3:29 pm

again #5 you make no sense

take time to think through whatever your opinion is before writing.

Your talking giberish, and most of us don’t understand that type of speech ;)

Ahhh…I was trying to figure out who the hell this man was. Thanks, #9.

[☆F a m o u s☆] @ 02/21/2008 at 3:38 pm

um, i’m not in hong kong so i don’t care. but all celeb’s sould quit and “heal” after a scandal.

Youwillmissme @ 02/21/2008 at 3:38 pm

Let it rest. Everyone involved suffered enough!

blackfriday1978 @ 02/21/2008 at 3:40 pm

I watched his press conference on YouTube, and somehow, I feel a lot “hate” from his so called apology. You can tell that he just hated to be there, he hated that he has to come out live and make the statement. I don’t find him any more disgusting than before (this incident), he has always been this rude and gross anyway. One part I did blame him is that being stupid. How stupid can you be as a CEO, who has absolutely no sense of computer security?! If those people are not good at computer, why would you send your computer to them for fixing? And a password lock will keep your information confidential?! I blame him for being dumb, not for the photos because the girls gotta agreed to be taken those photos in the first place.

Look at Vanessa Hudgen, who took responsbility right away and got support from the public, the incident almost died down immediately! Now, look at Bobo Chen or Ceilia Cheung or Gillian Chung. If Edison is ugly and poor, they would not have dated him, and they sure would not be agreed to be in those photos. Not to mention, the gifts that Bobo Chen (and others) had been receiving from Edison.. now, somehow I believe that is Karma! I think it is a great lesson for any girls out there who thinks it is okay to take advantage of the guys in a relaionship, somehow, you have to pay back.

But Edison… seirously?! Charity?! Say something that is at least believable, don’t think the public is so dumb that we will believe you will invest anything in charity or good will.

1,300?!! what a dumb move!

Anyway, I don’t think a video apology will be enough for some of the people who control the HK industry. He might need to hire an army of bodyguards and go and make personal apologies or he’ll be stuck in Canada watching his back.

Ok, so who is he and why is this relevant to our US celebutards?

What a perv, he’s always been a pervy kind of guy.

he’s a canton star who’s born in canada, he’s actually a HUGE canton star.

he’ slept with so many of the celebs over there, i wonder if they all knew they were ******* the same guy.

anyway like he gives a rap about “healing” he was born in raised in canada he doesnt have the same morals as his fans.

flirtlikecrazy @ 02/21/2008 at 4:32 pm

To be more precise: He said he’d step out from HK entertainment industry: Hollywood- heads up!

He’s so handsome.

What I didn’t get is why he did his apology and resignation in English. It seems that it would have been more respectful to reach out to the majority of his fans in the language they understand. Yes I know many are bilingual but for some reason his methods have irked me

I talked type through speech recognition. I proof read it. But after it gets sent it looks like I’m on drugs. It’s the people at Jared or the goverment. Because I’m the real Jesus Christ and they don’t like my behavior. There trying to pass me off as some fckn world leader. :)

Be prepared to cross your hands again and go bda bda bda.

flirtlikecrazy @ 02/21/2008 at 4:47 pm

He grew up and studied in Canada, English is his 1st language.

he’s hott.

haha. so funny, he’s stepping away to “heal himself” from what, having sex?

Apparently he was being threatened because he exposed all the “innocent” chinese girl costars images and so he had no choice to walk away.

if he was in america, it wouldnt be so. hahah

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All