The Jonas Brothers Wear Purity Rings

The Jonas Brothers Wear Purity Rings

The Jonas Brothers all practice abstinence and wear purity rings to prove it. Here’s a snippet from the very lengthy article on the JoBros featured in Details Magazine:

“On a quiet Friday morning in a dressing room at Madison Square Garden, the Jonas Brothers hold out their hands to show off their purity rings. Kevin, Joe, and Nick Jonas—the teen-pop trio who stand, at this very moment, on the brink of hugeness—wear the metal bands on their fingers to symbolize, as Joe puts it, ‘promises to ourselves and to God that we’ll stay pure till marriage.’ Joe is 18. His ring is silver and adorned with a cross. ‘It actually ripped apart a little bit, just on the bottom, here, but I didn’t want to get a new one, because this one means so much to me,’ he says. Nick, who is 15, says, ‘I got mine made at Disney World. It’s pretty awesome.’ Kevin, at 20, is the oldest of the three, and while a punk-rock purity ring from Tiffany might represent the ultimate oxymoron, that’s exactly what he’s going for. His silver vow of abstinence is covered with studs. ‘It’s pretty rock and roll,’ Kevin says. ‘It’s getting banged up a little bit because of the guitar.’”

Read the full article “The Total Awesomeness of Being the Jonas Brothers” at Style.com

Photos: Jason Fulford
Posted to: Joe Jonas, Jonas Brothers, Kevin Jonas, Nick Jonas

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 724 » Show All
Christine @ 02/22/2008 at 2:16 pm

AMAZING.

aww thats so good of them.
It just proves how sweet they are
and pure and perfect ♥

To all the people that are calling them extreme christians… atleast they have morals that they are willing to stick to. If only everyone in hollywood had morals, all those “starlets” wouldn’t be ALCOHOLICS and driving under the influence and wouldn’t be prancing around showing off their privates.

Please someone answer this question:
Why is it okay with some of you to be sexually active at a young age, for instance Jamie Lynn Spears( what is she 15 16) but you find it sooo weird or extreme that the Jonas Brothers are wiling to wait until marriage?

Just Juan @ 02/22/2008 at 2:36 pm

thats a lie. you know thats not true.

man oh man LOL! that admittion is just like strapping on a bullseye. everyone is gonna be aiming for ‘em now

You people disgust me. Just because they’re not jumping into every girls knickers that they meet and being man-whores they’re GAY! Oh my word, you people are so narrow-minded. Im a Christian and am not having sex before im married, as are a ton of my friends, who by the way are guys and are most certainly not gay. Not having sex before marriage is a pretty standard Christian believe and should be held by everyone who claims to be a Christian. So it’s really not anything extraordinary that the jonas brothers are doing. It’s just harder for them because they’re in the public eye and for that I really respect them.

dude their dad is a former pastor.

who gives a ****, they are crap and they seriously need to stop dressing so contrived

i loveee these good boys!!!

shabba @ 02/22/2008 at 2:50 pm

lol I really don’t think they give a crap about how you think they dress.

Lady With Morals @ 02/22/2008 at 3:02 pm

I can’t believe that some of you are criticizing them for wanting to stay abstinent! It’s a personal choice, and I think it’s great that they’re willing to wait for that one special girl. The bond between a husband and wife is so much stronger when you know that you’re the only one that they’ve given that part of themselves to. Why do you think there are so many divorces nowadays? Because everyone is wh*ring around with everyone, and sex is no longer very intimate, and marriage is just losing its meaning because boyfriends/girlfriends live together, have premarital sex, and have kids out of wedlock. Wake up people! This has become a socitey without morals and that is incredibly sad.

Lady With Morals @ 02/22/2008 at 3:02 pm

well said, i totally agree.

purity rings?

that is so not a fudgepackery thing to do*

*note sarcasm.

COME ON. Purity rings? I’m sure at least the older two have had sex already. there’s nothing wrong with it. I bet they didn’t even know what abstinence was until Disney slapped some rings on their fingers and told them to milk this purity **** for all its worth

JOE IS 20!!!!!!!! NOT 18!!!!!!!! KEVIN IS 18!!!!!!!!!

you dont have to be married to make sex intimate. this is 2008 for ***** sake. divorces happen for a lot of reasons. they didn’t happen in the old days because it was taboo and completely unthinkable.

NICK IS MY FUTURE BOYFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lala_girl @ 02/22/2008 at 4:05 pm

SO CUTE! But I wouldn’t asure anything if I was in their place… they’lll sure regret they ever said this! But it’s cute as long as it lasts! ^^

Sir-Cocks-alot @ 02/22/2008 at 4:05 pm

PR crap, I hope no one is dumb enough to believe they aren’t banging everything on two legs that shows up at their concerts.

this is why they are amazing
TRULY AMAZING!!!!!!!

Yeah, virgins just like Britney and Justin were back in the day. Puhleeze!

All Jonas fans know this it’s old news
I think it is awesome that they wear purity rings
I support them all the way :)

Hahahahaha—————————are those guys for real?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 724 » Show All