The Jonas Brothers Wear Purity Rings

The Jonas Brothers Wear Purity Rings

The Jonas Brothers all practice abstinence and wear purity rings to prove it. Here’s a snippet from the very lengthy article on the JoBros featured in Details Magazine:

“On a quiet Friday morning in a dressing room at Madison Square Garden, the Jonas Brothers hold out their hands to show off their purity rings. Kevin, Joe, and Nick Jonas—the teen-pop trio who stand, at this very moment, on the brink of hugeness—wear the metal bands on their fingers to symbolize, as Joe puts it, ‘promises to ourselves and to God that we’ll stay pure till marriage.’ Joe is 18. His ring is silver and adorned with a cross. ‘It actually ripped apart a little bit, just on the bottom, here, but I didn’t want to get a new one, because this one means so much to me,’ he says. Nick, who is 15, says, ‘I got mine made at Disney World. It’s pretty awesome.’ Kevin, at 20, is the oldest of the three, and while a punk-rock purity ring from Tiffany might represent the ultimate oxymoron, that’s exactly what he’s going for. His silver vow of abstinence is covered with studs. ‘It’s pretty rock and roll,’ Kevin says. ‘It’s getting banged up a little bit because of the guitar.’”

Read the full article “The Total Awesomeness of Being the Jonas Brothers” at Style.com

Photos: Jason Fulford
Posted to: Joe Jonas, Jonas Brothers, Kevin Jonas, Nick Jonas

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 824 » Show All

You people bashing them are so stupid. Sex is not something you throw around, well I guess that’s what people made it out to be. If you have faith, then you might know. ANd it doesn’t mean that they are gay. Finally, guys that don’t “give in” to the popular choice…Gosh, I hope I find one of these one day. They are smart men, who are more mature than any other guy who just wants to ***** around. Grow up people. God is number 1.

AND DOING IT IN THE BUTT IS NOT WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THAT’S STILL SEX YOU IDIOTS

Lindsay @ 02/22/2008 at 11:52 pm It’s not the abstinence part that sounds completely gay, it’s the rings! Who really needs a ring to prove virginity? I don’t know any guys that wear rings in the first place, unless they’re married. They should keep their private life to themselves, what do they want a pat on the back? Weirdo’s

Why do you wear wedding rings? Its a symbol to show love between a man and a woman. This ring is a symbol of their pureness. Get a lifee.

fidel castrate @ 02/23/2008 at 11:16 am

Pureness, you’re a dumb *****.

emma_leanne @ 02/23/2008 at 11:45 am

Go them! The Ten Commandments say that you should not commit adultry… therefore they are right! All of the kids in my family have purity rings also. Believe it or not there is still some abstience in our world and I would marry a 20 year old virgin simply because i am going to be one too. You can disrespect me but you’ll just be disrespecting God the Father…
Press on Jonas’ and set an example..

mary, please. the fact that they are publicizing how ‘pure’ they are is a goat n pony show to cover up how pure they are not. didn’t one of them get blown by Miley right before their New Year’s concert? whatever.

I wear a ring to its really cool because i get asked why i waer one and those people normaly get one too! and i can share the word of my Savior.God.

Ignorant people @ 02/23/2008 at 3:48 pm

@ Vodkagirl: None of the Jonas brothers got blown by Miley. If you knew, the article was in a fictional article website. It said on the bottom that this was completely fake. =|

@ Fidel Castrate: Haha shows what you know about the Jonas Brothers. They play their own instruments AND they sing live. I’m sorry you’ve never heard them at a concert to know that they do that. The only reason why they do lipsynch is if it’s at a Parade when you can’t have your band on the little floats. Dumbass.
If you don’t even know what you’re talking about, shut up.

caden jay @ 02/23/2008 at 5:22 pm

they are perfect and they will keep this promise that they had LONG befor they were big stars…

*looooool*
Yeah, Britney said that too at the beginning of her career – now we see her naked privates every other day.
I rather have sex but keep my privates private, thank you very much.

I think it’s cool the Jo Bros are wearing purity rings and Joe is so HOT I don’t think he needs a hair cut he soo beautiful.

they are amazing!!! but this is old news! the jonas brothers rock!! OJD

thats bull.shitt @ 02/23/2008 at 8:57 pm

bulllshitt
there so fuckking fake.
i bet they already had sex.
especially since girls follow them around.
THATS JUST TOTAL BULLLSHIIT

oh please give me a break!
just jared dont give a fucck about these faggs
thats whhy just jared never posts a lot about them.
There just a bunch of fakers.
pure my asss
i dont believe a single thing that they just said here.

OMFG!!
I SERIOUSLY DO NOT BELIEVE THESE LIARS.
AND YOU STUPID OVERLY OBSSESSED JONAS FANS
NEED TO STOP DEFENDING THEM BECAUSE YOU
ALL KNOW THAT WHAT THEY’RE SAYING IS CRAAP.
JUST ADMIT IT.THEY’RE JUST SAYING THIS BULLSHI.T
SO THAT THEY CAN GET MORE FANS. OBVIOUSLY
THEY’RE THE JONAS BROS ARE FUC.KING FAKES!!

We’ve seen this sh** before, so over it. I’m waiting for one to announce their homosexuality.

This “sudden” media blitz about the Jonas Brothers and their prurity rings is CRAZY! These guys have been asked about their rings for at least a couple of years (since they started being interviewed) and they’ve always given the same simple and concise explanation!! They’ve never made a big deal of it – any discussion about the rings and their committment has been in response to an interview question. Now, all of the sudden it’s a major news topic. This is NOT news to their long-time fans…. it is just one more thing that makes these guys special, has made their fans love them more, and has positively influenced an entire generation of teens As a parent, I couldn’t be happier that my teen dtr. loves these guys & their music and feels that they share her (AND MANY OTHERS) values and morals. I applaud all the young people today who make the choice to remain remain pure until marriage- it is not easy with the constant barrage of maintream media garbage, as well as comments such as many of the ones here that degrade and tear down. God bless the Jonas family, as well as all the young people out there who are striving to live a happy, clean, productive life!!
And reporters – get your facts straight before you print your articles :)

pure until marriage???? oh trust me I’ll change that hahaha

So hot hot hot LUV NICK!!!!!

i think it cool they are going to stay pure until they are married.

AAAAAAWWWWWW you jonas’ I LOV you guys!!!!!! youre the greatest!!!
you guys are so cute i lov ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its really cool you guys are gonna stay pure till marrage!!!

Rebecca, 17, Canada @ 02/25/2008 at 5:26 pm

If there were three superhero brothers with the united power to be the ultimate role model for young people today, their names would be Kevin, Joseph and Nicholas Jonas.

Through the spotlight they have been faithful to God, and I would like not only to commend them but also to thank them for remaining steadfast in His ways. They create a positive influence and inspire fans through their music, style and attitude.

Kevin, Joe and Nick, you and your family are in my prayers! God Bless!!!

o shiit gayy
they’re probably to busy hving sex with guys.
fuckidng gayy
stop being so conceited with yourselves

Pages: « 12 3 4 [5] 6 7 824 » Show All