The Jonas Brothers Wear Purity Rings

The Jonas Brothers Wear Purity Rings

The Jonas Brothers all practice abstinence and wear purity rings to prove it. Here’s a snippet from the very lengthy article on the JoBros featured in Details Magazine:

“On a quiet Friday morning in a dressing room at Madison Square Garden, the Jonas Brothers hold out their hands to show off their purity rings. Kevin, Joe, and Nick Jonas—the teen-pop trio who stand, at this very moment, on the brink of hugeness—wear the metal bands on their fingers to symbolize, as Joe puts it, ‘promises to ourselves and to God that we’ll stay pure till marriage.’ Joe is 18. His ring is silver and adorned with a cross. ‘It actually ripped apart a little bit, just on the bottom, here, but I didn’t want to get a new one, because this one means so much to me,’ he says. Nick, who is 15, says, ‘I got mine made at Disney World. It’s pretty awesome.’ Kevin, at 20, is the oldest of the three, and while a punk-rock purity ring from Tiffany might represent the ultimate oxymoron, that’s exactly what he’s going for. His silver vow of abstinence is covered with studs. ‘It’s pretty rock and roll,’ Kevin says. ‘It’s getting banged up a little bit because of the guitar.’”

Read the full article “The Total Awesomeness of Being the Jonas Brothers” at Style.com

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1024 » Show All
NIck jonas obsession @ 03/30/2008 at 11:20 am

I think its good that guys take a part in it too. They are making the best choice of their sweet lives. The JONAS BROS will never regret the promise of purity they all are the best they are nice and have a christian heart everyone should respect that.

how gross.

i think this is great i mean yeah its going to be hard,cuze they’re going to have girls all over them but hey i’m staying pure and i think it should be special the first time so…yeah they’re cool…to be honest i never gave them any mind until i found out about this so i think its attractive……sooooooooooo yeah i support the all the way!!!!!!

jamie

jessica from brunswick georgia @ 04/08/2008 at 8:02 am

hey jonas fans , hi the jonas brothers i think its awesome who show the true meaning of pure i belive in saving yourself for that special someone when you get married. peolpe now a days dont live up to it but i belive most people will myself included you guys are amazing you like the best band ever and you are true yourself and to your fans thanxs bye
♥ jonas – hearthrobber♥

UNBELIEVABLE that so many people are criticizing these kids for doing what they think is right…

at least they arent spreading every STD around like every other star.

I happen to wear a purity ring and i also happen to be HAPPY! go figure!!!

noodles96 @ 04/10/2008 at 5:19 pm

I think that it is a great idea to wear the rings. Hopefully thay will stay clean until they are married like they say. I also wanted to say that all the people that are bad mouthing them are the ones that might be the ones that end up loving them like me. I have a HUGE crush on Joe he is the hottest one of all. Even if they werent famous I would still love him. One day i hope to meet him and his brothers

ok are you people crazy…they are smart for wanting to stay pure…I have had my purity ring now for 2 years and wear it every single day…God gives us a command in the Bible to stay sexually pure and the consequences for not staying pure in STD’s…So I am w/ them all the way…Way to go boys especially for being in the spot light all the time!!!

i belive they will iam 16 iam not haveing sex before i get marred on my wedding night will be the day i do that i love jonas brothers joe nick and kevin will stay virgin so yall the jonas hatters meannys leave they alone got it i get mean realy mean when it come to yall stuck up dont know what the hell yall talking about girl or boys who want to be mean to jonas brothers read about them listen to there music first befroe u say crap and and talking bad about them got it

the truth @ 04/24/2008 at 6:29 pm

they are true to god
i know because they said the same thing even before they were so famous
they are not gay
they are just committed
just because they are not like every other perverted teenager doesn’t mean that they are going to be bad
and i am not just saying this because i am a fan
i am saying this because i believe it is the truth
and if you don’t like them i don’t see why you even comment
it’s kind of gay that you do that
but yeah
they rock you don’t!!
peace.

I think its great they wear purity rings, and if you have such a commitment like that, then you will NEVER EVER break it!
Stop criticising them and take a good look at your ****** sex life, dont you want the first time to be with someone that isnt using you and will throw you in the gutter as soon as they get their way with you!
At least if your married it makes you double check you actually LOVE that person!
If i was in a relationship with someone that wore a purity ring, i would respect their wishes and if we really loved eachother, it would show, and i would probably marry that person…. ITS CALLED COMMITMENT!

nick lover#1 @ 05/02/2008 at 8:23 pm

i love nick he is so freakin hoooot

gotta love the Jonas Brothers.
they are such good guys and
all girls wish that every guy was
like that. :) <3

omg. what the heck is with all you people that are criticizing them! kay, would you rather they be frickin manwhores? I’m proud of them! I can finally see some celebrities who aren’t having sex all over the place! U know what, whatever. You’re entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but it does not mean that I have to like it.

These pictures are hot and awesome. They rock and i love your songs!!! They are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also can’t wait for your new movie comes out… Camp Rock Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you guise could win a grammy for the most talented, and hottest singing group in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeooow. agreed.these guys are lik perfect.

if you don’t like purity rings, don’t get one. and if you don’t like the jonas brothers, don’t read about them. i think its great that they feel so strongly about their beliefs that they’re willing to make sacrifices like that.

i love jb there my idols and i want to stay pure to and now i have a purityring that will change my life forever

I don’t know why everyone is so upset with it… I’m a Christian…its not like they’ll never do it, just not until they’re married. And stop insulting God. the whole point of marriage is to stay with one person… why would you even marry if you weren’t planning on staying pure. They wear the rings to be held accountable so they wont mess up and I think its cool there are famous people who can still stick to their morals… Way to go JoBros!

hey i think that its really nice that you guys have the purity rings i do to…it’s so cool that even though you are clebs you keep ur own thaught and dont care what others think. my bst m8 is in luv wit joe haha but I LOVE NICK.lol luv u all
god bless
keep on singin
xoxoxxo

joe jonas girlfriend! @ 05/22/2008 at 8:32 pm

OH MY GOD JOE IS SO CUTE! I LOVE HIM <3

Fab4fab4fab @ 05/28/2008 at 6:41 am

Jus glad my daugther is into them @ 14 instead of Metal or Rap Crap! They set a good example in this day and age… Just like the Beatles did in their day! Back off critics!!! Throw stones in your own glass houses!!!
Pw

I think it is respectable that they wear purity rings.

i think its really good to stay pure until marriage. and i really want to think the jonas brothers for being a good exzample for all your fans! And i really hope you guys don’t sell out like brittny spears, lindsney lohan etc… And when i heard you guys where christians i was really exicted because hopefully you guys will clean and good. i’m a christian to! and without my savior i don’t know where i’d be in life!! i love you jonas brothers!!! THANKS! LOVE, BETHANY

I think that them having a purity ring is great it shows self control. And some people that have commented on here obviously don’t have enough self control to make that commentment. It means a lot to people who have them.

I live in the UK and i have a purity ring and all guys around my area are interested in is sex so it makes relationships practically impossible

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1024 » Show All