Natalie Portman: Vegan Shoes Were My Only Option

Natalie Portman: Vegan Shoes Were My Only Option

Natalie Portman skips out on the Oscars and instead is seen braving the New York City chill all by herself on Sunday.

Nat, 26, recently explained her decision to launch a range of vegan shoes for Te Casan: “Basically, I did it out of a lack of choice. Stella McCartney does great shoes, but they’re expensive and very fashiony. I wanted a Mary Jane shoe without leather. I’ve been getting stuff from Target, which is de facto vegan because it’s so cheap. But I did need some shoes that weren’t made of canvas or plastic.”

Don’t miss Natalie Wednesday on TRL and The Late Show with David Letterman. And on Thursday, don’t forget to watch her on Late Night with Conan O’Brien!

natatlie portman vegan shoes 01
natatlie portman vegan shoes 02
natatlie portman vegan shoes 03
natatlie portman vegan shoes 04

Jesse Grant/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
eat_your_make_up @ 02/25/2008 at 10:16 am

OMG i never thought she wuld look bad without make-up!

OMG, is she wearing her boyfriend’s clothes or something? She looks homeless.

I love Nat, but this is downright atrocious, lol.

SofiaRocket @ 02/25/2008 at 10:33 am

Her shoes cost 250 $, does she think its cheap for artificial crap?

I’ll stick with my Target, thanks Natalie!

wow here´s a comment i never thought i´d ever post..
natalie, wtf???
1. you look awful in those pictures
2. what´s up with your statement??

what does that mean? seriously, either my brain turned into mush from watchin the oscars all night (Jon steward suuuuucked) or that is just plain out stoooooopid.

HA HA HA!! You jealous peep’s! Natalie is dressed down but still looks damn cute! Look how pretty her face is! This is how to dress in cold weather. Natalie looks great alway’s. I never have seen this woman look bad. She looks great, healthy and cold! Nat ROCK’S! :)

doesn’t she have anything else to think other than wich materials are her shoes made of?
get a job.

eat_your_make_up @ 02/25/2008 at 11:05 am

Raven, I like natalie, i think shes great so im not jealous when i say that she looks pretty bad there, niether jealous or blind.

eat_your_make_up @ 02/25/2008 at 11:05 am

She looks awful! If she wasn’t famous, and you just saw her walking down the street you would think..wow what a really pretty girl?and she is far from healthy looking. go say HA HA HA somewhere else Raven.

She had to wear so much robes and nice dresses in the last weeks to promote her film, I totally understand her for wanting to wear comfortable clothes and not having to care about make-up and whatever for once.

She’s still 10 times more beautiful looking tired without make-up than probably everyone posting here with make-up.

Hey! Hey!
Natalie without make-up looks 10 times better then a lot of other actresses her age! She is probably out running errands and got caught by the paparazzi. She is allowed to be casual once and a while and I think she is cute and very talented! :)

I think the fact that she is secure in herself and doesn’t have to be all make-uped out the wazzo in her real life is just fine. I can’t stand all the insecure dumb girls that feel they need to look pristine just to get coffee or go to the grocery, and will have a “panic” attack if the leave the house without make-up or some ****** outfit. Get real people!

it’s just bad angle and that’s natalie in her normal suit.
she doesn’t wear high fashion on street. she’s casual.
but I think her face is still pretty without make up,

Even with circles under her eyes, she still looks beautiful. If I saw her walking down the street I’d think “Man, she’s gorgeous. She must look insanely beautiful all dolled up.” ‘Cause seriously, look at that bone structure, those eyes, those lips.

Also, she’s wearing a tunic top. These days, it seems all shirts made for women go to the knees. What’s up with that, anyway?

To the poster Natalie- Uh, I guess your brain isn’t up to speed because: “I’ve been getting stuff from Target, which is de facto vegan because it’s so cheap”

Makes perfect sense. In fact, it’s exactly why many vegans shop at Target.

Um, Nat, hon? If your vegan shoes aren’t made from “plastic”, then what ARE they made from? Asparagus? If they’re not rubber, but they’re synthetic, they are plastic, dear. Didn’t they teach you that at Harvard?

she’s still a lovely person even if she’s self-righteous sometimes. http://tampham.blogspot.com

Irishdreams @ 02/25/2008 at 4:41 pm

I find plenty of comments on JJ bend the actual story greatly..there is 10% fact to 90% fiction..unless something is verbal from her about Target and knockoff shoe’s I don’t trust all I’m reading..

As for her look granted she might have looked better but, she is an average person with an extra ordinary life and in the press’s eyes all the time..She might have been having an off day for all we knows..she has a lot to deal with a new movie coming out this week in the US and god knows what else might be troubling her..I too think she is a lovely woman, talented and intelligent..I don’t think she is on a pedestal where many people try to place her could be why many thing she is being a ***** at times..I think she has plenty to offer the younger generation of today.

Postwatcher @ 02/25/2008 at 4:43 pm

What the hell does de facto vegan mean? Target sells plastic and rubber shoes which polute the planet. Which ipso facto means not vegan!

All these stars care about is CONSUMERISM. What they can buy, show off and then get rid of.

Natalie is a horse’s hiney.

Yes because her shoes are very affordable for the average person! LOL. These folks kill me sometimes, they don’t seem to remember that not everyone is in their budget range and the indignation does not help.

blahhh, she is NOT secure being herself. The girl has had multiple nose jobs.

she has white hair?

Irishdreams @ 02/25/2008 at 7:20 pm

#23

When did Natalie ever verbals state she had a nose job because that was all talk in tabloids again something without proof attached to it I don’t think she did but, I haven’t seen too many verbal interviews that tell me she had..so I don’t buy that..

Not everyone has to like the woman’s looks..but Hell the way Rachel Bilson dresses and she is said to be some fashion Icon if dressing like a baglady from Rodeo Drive is said to be the in thing for Seventeen, Lucky, or GQ then god I missed something the lady never looks decent in public and looks more like a drag queen..At least I will say Natalie has a ton of quality in her clothing with or without make up..

And like someone said if you see the cost of a Jimmy Choo shoe or any of the big names ones..$1500 is a bit much to spend on those styles..so if she is willing to create a non leather shoe that is something a non celebrity can afford and wear to me I say good for her..at least she cares enough to think of what people can afford..instead of what you can’t like many of the other celebrities..

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All