Rush Limbaugh Praises Angelina Jolie

Rush Limbaugh Praises Angelina Jolie

Republican bullhorn Rush Limbaugh praised Angelina Jolie yesterday on his radio show, saying she makes more sense than the Democrats when it comes down to the issue of Iraq.

Here’s what Rush, 57, had to say about Angie:

“Everybody today is raving about a piece in the Washington Post by Angelina Jolie in which she just got back from Iraq. She says, ‘We have finally reached a point where humanitarian assistance, from us and others, can have an impact.’ Her point is to stay, help the Iraqis, especially those who are out of the country, want to come back home, the time is right now, and that the surge is working. Now, if you read the piece by Angelina Jolie today in the Washington Post, you will conclude that she is deeper and in ways more specific than Obama about this if you read the whole article. She makes more sense than Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama or anybody on the Democrat side about this. It’s stunning. I’ve had some people, ‘Rush, you realize, she didn’t write it.’ I don’t know that she didn’t write it. I’m not going to assume she didn’t write it… That’s another thing, that’s a good point, too, it’s pretty brave of her to do this, given Hollywood and so forth. But she’s big enough to withstand it, and it sort of makes me appreciate this Brad Pitt guy a little more. He’s gone after substance here, is all I’m saying. This really is a good piece.”

To read Rush‘s whole schpeel, click on over to RushLimbaugh.com.

Photos: Stephen Lovekin/Frederick M. Brown/Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Rush Limbaugh

ABC

1,534 Comments

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 762 » Show All
zanessa110 @ 02/29/2008 at 10:00 pm

love her!

first and good for her

Love Angie; don’t like Rush!

Orange Clockwork @ 02/29/2008 at 10:04 pm

He’s an idiot if he actually thinks she wrote it.

I don’t think Angelina is one side or the other on the political spectrum…she’s doing what she can to bring awareness to the problems we face as decent people to help all those in need, no matter where in the world they live.

Passing Through @ 02/29/2008 at 10:06 pm

Praise from Rush Limbaugh? Geez…that surely can’t be what Angie was hoping for from her OpEd piece. NOBODY wants praise from that dipshit.

#4 orange clockwork – YOu are more the idiot if you don’t think she wrote the Op-ed. She has more intelligence than most average “celebrity”.

HAHA… quote: “she didn’t write it, that’s a goo point”

hahaha…that was the funniest line

HAHA… quote: “she didn’t write it, that’s a good point”

hahaha…that was the funniest line

thanks RUSH LIMBAUGH. For praise our ANGIE. She deserves.

Angelina posteda well written article. It is great to see Angelina get praised publically . Rush has a huge following. I am mixed on him. Sometimes I agree with him. Other times he is too far to the right.

Andrómeda @ 02/29/2008 at 10:18 pm

i don´t know who is this man…

Orange Clockwork @ 02/29/2008 at 10:19 pm

Anne, get back to me when you learn how to use proper grammar.

Well, that’s a nice thing to say – but he’s still an *******.

Me too I don’t know who this man is but, he praises our Angie that’s all want to know.

By Angelina Jolie
Thursday, February 28, 2008; 1:15 PM

The request is familiar to American ears: “Bring them home.”

But in Iraq, where I’ve just met with American and Iraqi leaders, the phrase carries a different meaning. It does not refer to the departure of U.S. troops, but to the return of the millions of innocent Iraqis who have been driven out of their homes and, in many cases, out of the country.

In the six months since my previous visit to Iraq with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, this humanitarian crisis has not improved. However, during the last week, the United States, UNHCR and the Iraqi government have begun to work together in new and important ways.

We still don’t know exactly how many Iraqis have fled their homes, where they’ve all gone, or how they’re managing to survive. Here is what we do know: More than 2 million people are refugees inside their own country — without homes, jobs and, to a terrible degree, without medicine, food or clean water. Ethnic cleansing and other acts of unspeakable violence have driven them into a vast and very dangerous no-man’s land. Many of the survivors huddle in mosques, in abandoned buildings with no electricity, in tents or in one-room huts made of straw and mud. Fifty-eight percent of these internally displaced people are younger than 12 years old.

An additional 2.5 million Iraqis have sought refuge outside Iraq, mainly in Syria and Jordan. But those host countries have reached their limits. Overwhelmed by the refugees they already have, these countries have essentially closed their borders until the international community provides support.

I’m not a security expert, but it doesn’t take one to see that Syria and Jordan are carrying an unsustainable burden. They have been excellent hosts, but we can’t expect them to care for millions of poor Iraqis indefinitely and without assistance from the U.S. or others. One-sixth of Jordan’s population today is Iraqi refugees. The large burden is already causing tension internally.

The Iraqi families I’ve met on my trips to the region are proud and resilient. They don’t want anything from us other than the chance to return to their homes — or, where those homes have been bombed to the ground or occupied by squatters, to build new ones and get back to their lives. One thing is certain: It will be quite a while before Iraq is ready to absorb more than 4 million refugees and displaced people. But it is not too early to start working on solutions. And last week, there were signs of progress.

In Baghdad, I spoke with Army Gen. David Petraeus about UNHCR’s need for security information and protection for its staff as they re-enter Iraq, and I am pleased that he has offered that support. General Petraeus also told me he would support new efforts to address the humanitarian crisis “to the maximum extent possible” — which leaves me hopeful that more progress can be made.

UNHCR is certainly committed to that. Last week while in Iraq, High Commissioner António Guterres pledged to increase UNHCR’s presence there and to work closely with the Iraqi government, both in assessing the conditions required for return and in providing humanitarian relief.

During my trip I also met with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, who has announced the creation of a new committee to oversee issues related to internally displaced people, and a pledge of $40 million to support the effort.

My visit left me even more deeply convinced that we not only have a moral obligation to help displaced Iraqi families, but also a serious, long-term, national security interest in ending this crisis.

Today’s humanitarian crisis in Iraq — and the potential consequences for our national security — are great. Can the United States afford to gamble that 4 million or more poor and displaced people, in the heart of Middle East, won’t explode in violent desperation, sending the whole region into further disorder?

What we cannot afford, in my view, is to squander the progress that has been made. In fact, we should step up our financial and material assistance. UNHCR has appealed for $261 million this year to provide for refugees and internally displaced persons. That is not a small amount of money — but it is less than the U.S. spends each day to fight the war in Iraq. I would like to call on each of the presidential candidates and congressional leaders to announce a comprehensive refugee plan with a specific timeline and budget as part of their Iraq strategy.

As for the question of whether the surge is working, I can only state what I witnessed: U.N. staff and those of non-governmental organizations seem to feel they have the right set of circumstances to attempt to scale up their programs. And when I asked the troops if they wanted to go home as soon as possible, they said that they miss home but feel invested in Iraq. They have lost many friends and want to be a part of the humanitarian progress they now feel is possible.

It seems to me that now is the moment to address the humanitarian side of this situation. Without the right support, we could miss an opportunity to do some of the good we always stated we intended to do.

Angelina Jolie, an actor, is a UNHCR goodwill ambassador

(… that is all I want to know )

Rush L loves Angie and Brad @ 02/29/2008 at 10:31 pm

Angelina wrote it just like she wrote her other Washington Post op ed piece. She is very very intelligent and that is one of the many facets of her being that Brad so dearly loves about her.

While you obsessed bottom feeding trolls ranted and raged about a divorce not even your own that happened 3 years ago to a PR created mismatched pair, Angie kept the light shining on refugees who have nothing. Neither Angie nor Brad wasted their time with you negative noncontributing noncaring lower forms of life.

HaHa, love it. Rush L says that Brad ‘s great love Angie is a woman of substance as compared to a certain nonsubstantial person once in Brad’s past, and he sees why Brad loves his Angie. Rush pushed you idolized friend under a big bus and rolled over her, she who he labeled an unsubstantial person. Oh Happy Day!!!

Yes, yes, yes, Rush L the darling oracle of the trolls loves Angie and praises Brad. Even though Rush put his own spin on Angie’s words to support his far right postion, he now respects Angie and Brad and he says so. Life is good!!

Trolls bow down to the Jolie-Pitts, give it up, no one supports your delusional lies, no one. LOL.

I love that important people (like it or not; Rush has a huge following) notice how intelligent Angelina is!! Angelina is Extraordinary and she cares about things that matters and NOT in shallow things like other celebrities!! No one can compare to Angelina!!

And i especially love this quote from Rush about Brad… “he gone AFTER SUBSTANCE HERE”, YES!! Angelina has SUBTANCE and that cannot be said about Brad’s previous woman’s!!

Jared—OMG!!! OK, you know I can’t stand this ******* but it is funny in a weird way :-) She appeals to everyone other than the mini-van majority :lol:

Jeeze like Angie need praise from this racist a**hole.

Rush limbaugh has done more good for america than anyone in the past 20 years. He is my hero.

[☆F a m o u s☆] @ 02/29/2008 at 10:36 pm

fcuk rush limbaugh.

praise the person who wrote it.

I don’t think Angie would put her name on something she didn’t write.

Aren’t there laws against that? hm.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 762 » Show All