A Good Recap of "Good Medicine"

A Good Recap of

On Friday night, the casts of Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice joined together for a musical benefit at UCLA’s Royce Hall to benefit crew members who were affected by the writer’s strike. Here’s a brief rundown of the charity event dubbed “Good Medicine”:

– A taped message of McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey) kicked off the show. He said he was in Japan promoting his Disney film Enchanted.
Sara Ramirez‘s booming voice brought the house to its feet with a performance of the song “Meadowlark.”
TR Knight tackled the song “Losing My Mind/You Could Drive A Person Crazy” from Sondheim’s “Follies.” But he first begged for a little understanding,”It’s been 13 years since I’ve done something like this and I’m following Sara Ramirez.”
Kate Walsh kicked off the second half of the show with a taped message. She said she was down in Australia promoting Private Practice. While getting a massage on her hotel balcony Kate joked, “We have all felt the affect of the strike especially in my neck and shoulders.”

Read the full recap at AccessHollywood.com.

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Who in the world would actually attend such a lame event? I understand it’s a benefit, but couldn’t anyone have just watched a tape of the tv show and mail a check. Jeez!

ASHI DRAGON @ 03/03/2008 at 5:28 pm

HUMMMM :!:!:!

Black_hearts_4_ever @ 03/03/2008 at 5:50 pm

3rd

I agree w/ #1; benefits are fantastic and all, but couldn’t they pick something a little less pretentious, boring, and self-promoting?
–read my blog at http://fashionpoirot.blogspot.com

kate walsh wins at life.

That sounded like one kick ass benefit

Well, I was there, and it was great. Sara Ramirez and Audra McDonald were absolutely fantastic — Audra has won four Tony Awards (and Sara just won for Spamalot), and it was great to get to hear them perform. The event was a lot of fun, and had a “Hey, everybody — let’s put on a show!” feel to it. That was especially true of the number the cast of Private Practice performed; it was joyous and fun, if not terribly polished. Benefit or not, it was a wonderful evening.

I was there on friday. And it was not pretentious and was anything but boring, although it inevitably, was a little self promoting. It was so cool to see these actors’ and actresses’ other talents showcased. It made them all more human to see them perform live, and made me like most of them more than I already did. Except Katherine Heigl. I like her less now than the very little I liked her before. Haha.

CHAOS IS COMING. POP FICTION. MARCH 9. E! THANK YOU FOR PLAYING.
HOLLYWOOD ARMAGEDDON. RESISTANCE FUTILE. POP FICTION. MARCH 9. E! THANK YOU FOR PLAYING.
HOLLYWOOD HAS LOST ITS MIND. POP FICTION. MARCH 9. E! THANK YOU FOR PLAYING.
HOLLYWOOD IS A GAME. POP FICTION. MARCH 9. E! THANK YOU FOR PLAYING.
HOLLYWOOD WILL HAVE ITS REVENGE. POP FICTION. MARCH 9. E! THANK YOU FOR PLAYING

march 9th on E! at 1030/930c

aii si My Patrick sale hermosooo!
en la foto ^^
lo amo!!

love me some ADDIE!! @ 03/03/2008 at 8:33 pm

Awww i saw the Kate vid!
she was hilarious!
so funny as always! LOVE KATE WALSH!!!

Here is a little vid of the event!

love me some ADDIE!! @ 03/03/2008 at 8:33 pm

Where can I find the Kate vid??

wasn’t Dempsey in Spain and NOT Japan?

And why is this even news???

I seen far better reports from actual fans…at least Access Hollywood isn’t biased….I just seen better reports and they praised ALL the cast during the permforance and outside….

It’s a wonderful thing they did this benefit.

Kate walsh is a cow @ 03/04/2008 at 2:29 am

Kate Walsh is a cow

Only Kate the Great to have someone obsessed in bashing her. It’s also a sign of greatness.

It’s great that they did the benefit, but the timing is a little self serving. At least some of the cast were doing benefits for the people hurt by the strike when the times were really dark, not when the strike and the worries are over.

Meredith k @ 03/04/2008 at 10:53 am

I don’t understand why people have to bash this. Bashers, you should be ashamed of yourself! TR Knight organized it to help the crew, and the rest of the cast worked hard to pull it off. It is a nice thing, people! Those of you who feel the need to bash – what have you done to help out? Instead of sitting around bashing other people who are trying to help, why don’t you shut up or do something nice yourself? The strike may be over, but the worries are NOT over. Lots of people are still suffering, since they were out of work for so long. So please, stop being negative and hateful just for the fun of it.

Kate’s clip was hilarious!!! omg. lmfao!

Sara Ramirez and Audra McDonald stole the show, though. Their voices were spectacular! Beyond amazing, even! :)

love me some ADDIE!! @ 03/04/2008 at 5:32 pm

#13
here it is
min 4:20

i love kate’s message, friggin hilarious “sorry i couldnt make it, the producers of private practice have been working me like a dog, here in australia..hey! rub, dont knead!!” (kate seen getting a massage at a spa)

Kate’s message was fab. V funny. She really can do anything. Love her.