Patrick Swayze Has Terminal Cancer

Patrick Swayze Has Terminal Cancer

Patrick Swayze has terminal cancer and only has five weeks to live, reports The National Enquirer.

The 55-year-old Dirty Dancing actor was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer that has spread to other organs. Swayze has been receiving treatment at Stanford University’s cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy.

“He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding. In short – they held out little hope for a cure,” said an insider.

The NY Post has confirmed the news with his publicist, saying, “He’s suffering from pancreatic cancer, which could tragically bring down the curtain on his remarkably diverse career… The average life expectancy is six to nine months, with only 4 percent of patients living more than five years.”

Pray for a miracle!!

UPDATE: Swayze‘s doctor, Dr. Patrick George, tells People: “Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the time frame of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.”

Swayze‘s rep adds: “Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family.”

Photos: Bryan Bedder/Getty
Posted to: Patrick Swayze

Tim P. Whitby/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 79 » Show All

oh GOD!plez help him!

OMG, if it’s true i feel so sorry for him.

That is very sad.

this is sad.

shenanyginz @ 03/05/2008 at 5:16 pm

seriously??? this is true??? omg… My God have mercy

Oh this is so sad.

I’m really sad :[

coalharbourqt @ 03/05/2008 at 5:21 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with Patrick Swayze and his family… sure hope he pulls through.

sad, sad, sad news…Praying for hima and his family…May God’s grace shine upon him…

Actually, his rep has confirmed this. NE is not reliable. Very sad.

May God help him….Amien

bubbaness @ 03/05/2008 at 5:27 pm

So, so sad.

This is such sad news. Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorite flicks because of him. I’ll pray for a miracle for him. My thoughts are with him during this difficult time.

Joy isobel @ 03/05/2008 at 5:28 pm

Heath and now Patrick?! What is this world coming to?

No!? That’s awful. So sad.

He should really try vitamin B 17, amgdalyn, laetrile, in high doses. I know this therapy is not allowed in the US, but there is a hospital in Mexico, the

Contreras Hospital in Tijuana.

Good luck!

Im so so devastated by this news, I’ll be praying for him!

wildflower509 @ 03/05/2008 at 5:30 pm

heartbreaking news. Patrick Swazey is one of the few celebrities with morals, and values which he holds true to. God Bless him and his family, and yes, i will be praying for him

Yes, that is sad.

Sorry for the spelling mistake: It is called amygdalin.

Give it a try!

Ledger brought it to himself. Patrick is among the many good guys that unfairness of life happens to them while evil people get away with it until at some point they have its scary payback too.

God bless Patrick and his family while shame on heartless ninnies like Marion Cotillard.

No, I can’t belive this! I was hoping it was just a crazy rumour. He is the most beautiful male actor ever. I feel so sorry for him and his family.

tmz has an update from the doctor stating that the cancer is in its early stages and he is responding to treatment…

missouri girl @ 03/05/2008 at 5:36 pm

does he have kids

He’s been married since 1975, but he’s had no children, oddly.

I’m shocked if it’s true, but it’s from the National Enquirer. C’mon, J.J. These are the people who still believe in alien sightings.

–read my blog at http://fashionpoirot.blogspot.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 79 » Show All