Beyonce is Etta James -- FIRST LOOK

Beyonce is Etta James -- FIRST LOOK

Beyonce and Adrien Brody are first seen on the set of Cadillac Records in New Jersey on Monday.

Beyonce stars as legendary Blue singer Etta James and Adrien plays legendary record produce Len Chess. Mos Def, Jeffrey Wright, Emmanuelle Chriqui and Cedric The Entertainer co-star in the movie.

The film which chronicles the rise and fall of influential R&B record label Chess Records will also shoot in Mississippi later in the month.

Etta James spoke to PageSix about Beyonce playing her, “Etta James ain’t been no angel!” she said at the time. “I don’t think she looks like me, but that’s all right. They can fix that up.” Let’s hope they can fix Beyonce up!

beyonce adrien brody cadillac records 01
beyonce adrien brody cadillac records 02
beyonce adrien brody cadillac records 03
beyonce adrien brody cadillac records 04

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 78 » Show All
piper, with a low @ 03/10/2008 at 11:17 am

Beyonce as Etta James?

Please!

Sorry but this is a big miscast. Beyonce can’t act. She’s like the black Jessica Simpson in that regard.

Adrien and Beyonce? Ummm…..ugh…but i guess we will have to wait and see. I am sure they could have gotten someone else to play the roll. Wouldn’t mind seeing Heather Headley or something.

she’s beautiful!!

I love Beyonce, but I just can’t take her acting seriously. Stick to making great music!!

Oh dear. Well at least she manages to look decent with blonde hair.

I cringe when Beyonce just talks much less “acts”.

Mrs. Victor newman @ 03/10/2008 at 11:35 am

What next ? Rhianna playing Earth Kitt? Hollywood needs to stop with he bull crap

she looks funny.

Wat the hell is this???Is this the devil?

postwatcher @ 03/10/2008 at 12:00 pm

#2 awesome…she is the black Jessica Simpson. She really can’t sing well without the studio remixing.

I wonder if they plan on dubbing Etta’s voice in for the song? Or maybe they can dub in Amy Winehouse…

YEAH THAT IS RIGHT! BEYONCE..IS ETTA! and she is going to be GOOD! stop hating..haters!

About time @ 03/10/2008 at 12:26 pm

Why does she keep getting movie roles. She can’t act.

eddie jones @ 03/10/2008 at 12:30 pm

So how old is Beyonce? I Heard she has lied about her age and is actually much older then she claims to be, any truth to this?

I love Beyonce…I have to admitt it even if my husband disagrees…She’s is a great talent and I know that she can only get better with her acting. I can’t wait to see this film…

Why, Why, WHY………………… :(

Why her?

Hee at Etta James. Why does Beyonce insist on doing movies? I hate that just music or just acting isn’t enough anymore.

jonhythacarzymuthafukca @ 03/10/2008 at 12:57 pm

why are these people letting her act, have any of you guys seen any of her movies?? she cant act, she has that stupid grin on her face throughout all her movies.

go beyonce! @ 03/10/2008 at 1:00 pm

This is a good transformation. Beyonce’s giving Etta’s look a boost. I’m sure she’s going to embody this role how she conquers everything else she applies herself too. THIS WILL STRETCH HER AS AN ACTRESS.

go beyonce! @ 03/10/2008 at 1:10 pm

To those saying she can’t act – where did you see her “acting” and it was bad? In Carmen – SHE DID EXCELLENT – jump started her acting career; Austin Powers – SHE DID GREAT – it was action and she held her own; Pink Panther – SHE DID HER JOB – she herself turned down the sequel because it was NO ACTING INVOLVED; Dreamgirls – SHE DID GOOD – J.Hud won the Oscar, but Beyonce’s the one people are still talking about, not to mention they use her silhoutte to promote the movie and she produced the soundtrack. Beyonce also scored 2 GG noms of her own. SO I ASK AGAIN – WHERE WAS HER BAD ACTING?

Watching her act is as painful to endure as having a root canal without anesthesia. Not to mention, she looks nothing like Etta James. With all the good actresses out there that could’ve pulled this off so much better, why cast this hack? Hollywood needs to get a clue…yeech!

O lala. Keep hating haters. She still the hottest chick in the game, that’s why she still got all this roles. It doesn’t matter if she can act or not cause in the end, that’s not gonna stop whatever she loves doing. And she still has way more money than any of you combine anyway. Hollywood did a great job for picking her, cause she actually can sing and entertained in a movie, unlike anyone else. Period.

Beyonce look great. I can’t wait to see this.

Etta James is a LEGEND!!! Beyonce is a disappointment for this role.

the_original_nika @ 03/10/2008 at 3:28 pm

I know #18, its never enough why canĀ“t these artists just stick to one thing. All these singers wanna act, they must think its easy ugh.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 78 » Show All