LeBron James is a Vogue Cover Model

LeBron James is a Vogue Cover Model

“Fashion” and lifestyle magazine Vogue put NBA superstar LeBron James on the April 2008 cover with Brazialian supermodel Gisele Bundchen for a peek into the world’s top models and star athletes.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Vogue’s basketball-supermodel pairing — YAY or NAY?

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All

If this is the shape issue it’s fine that Lebron’s on the cover unfortunately it’s a bad cover, he needs to close his mouth. Gisele doesn’t have any shape they should have gotten a female athlete.

Just Saying @ 03/13/2008 at 1:23 pm

I really like the concept.. its good. Lebron looks good but Gisele doesn’t in that photo. They should’ve chosen one where both of them look good. I’m sure that would not have been that hard.

OMG… YAAY GOOD COMPINATION

I don’t mind their pairing basketball stars and supermodels, but I do mind them using a shot of him looking crazy, instead of him looking handsome, cool and so elegantly above the fray, which is how most basketball stars look off the court. Have you ever seen Kobe Bryant or Lamar Odom off the court? Takes your breath away – so gorgeous. This is not a great shot of Lebron. Giselle always looks fabulous.

I think it barely fits. April is not March. So it’s not March Madness. Duh Vogue.

interestin effort from vogue…it looks vulgar….well I guess they were going for whimsical/fun/attention grabbing/interesting but ended up being vulgar.

[☆F a m o u s☆] @ 03/13/2008 at 1:44 pm

lebron on justjared… lol for a second i thought i was on ybf. of course he only made it on here because of gisele being on the cover with him. its kind of funny how she looks manlier than he does.

Does anyone read Vogue anymore? This is a stupid concept for a cover.

ace tomato @ 03/13/2008 at 1:51 pm

Ugh. First it’s movie/tv celebrities, now sports celebrities?

I miss models.

More than that – I miss the days when nobody cared what the model’s name was, they wanted to know who made the CLOTHES.

TiredofthisCrap @ 03/13/2008 at 1:59 pm

I like it..

I hope this is a joke, the cover looks very bad

Really cool cover.

She looks very badly airbrushed… and he looks like he’s on serioids…

kobe would have been a better cover model

This is suppose to be VOUGE, not Sports Illustrated, which irionically covered the same concept a month or two ago.

They look GREAT, but Tom Brady would have been a better choice! Now that would make a great cover!

michelle depp @ 03/13/2008 at 3:44 pm

This has got to be one of the worst Vogue covers that I have EVER seen. The paing is okay…the picture itself is just awful. Looks like something I would take with my camera!

josh joulom @ 03/13/2008 at 4:12 pm

First cover that Gisele looks ridiculous :O Vogue should give space to others models, like they did with gisele with 1999, bring the sexy back! I would not care in see Adriana Lima or Izabel Goulart at cover

That’s great. I love it.

YAY I love ittt !!!!

NAAYYYYY! Why they put this “supermodel” who looks like a male horse on their cover is beyond me. Get someone w/ a cute face and who has real curves…especially for the “shape” issue!!

king kong………im not racist, vogue is…. king kong and his blonde girl… damn.. racist

NAY. I’m so used to seeing poised, refined, elegant covers of vogue. All the sudden it’s *BAM* a guy with his mouth wide open, athletic clothes with a model hanging on him…weird.

reborto butchigorss @ 03/13/2008 at 6:33 pm

Ya i like it a lot. lebron just looks so much bigger than she does it makes her look bad. i like having lebron on the cover tho. he is a spectacular image for anything… including vogue

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All