LeBron James is a Vogue Cover Model

LeBron James is a Vogue Cover Model

“Fashion” and lifestyle magazine Vogue put NBA superstar LeBron James on the April 2008 cover with Brazialian supermodel Gisele Bundchen for a peek into the world’s top models and star athletes.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Vogue’s basketball-supermodel pairing — YAY or NAY?

• Leah Remini is able to drink now after leaving Scientology- US Weekly
  • Honey Boo Boo competes in a food eating contest - TMZ
  • Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't hate Rosie O'Donnell- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to an Irish version of Lorde's hit song 'Royals' - Just Jared Jr
  • True Blood alum Lucy Griffiths exits NBC show Constantine- Entertainment Weekly
  • See how Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes's future baby might look like- Huffington Post
  • How many copies did Robin Thicke's new album Paula sell in Australia?- Lainey Gossip
  • Tracy Morgan is suing Walmart for deadly car crash- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Aubrey O’Day shows off major cleavage for a performance - Hollywood Tuna

If this is the shape issue it’s fine that Lebron’s on the cover unfortunately it’s a bad cover, he needs to close his mouth. Gisele doesn’t have any shape they should have gotten a female athlete.

Just Saying @ 03/13/2008 at 1:23 pm

I really like the concept.. its good. Lebron looks good but Gisele doesn’t in that photo. They should’ve chosen one where both of them look good. I’m sure that would not have been that hard.

OMG… YAAY GOOD COMPINATION

I don’t mind their pairing basketball stars and supermodels, but I do mind them using a shot of him looking crazy, instead of him looking handsome, cool and so elegantly above the fray, which is how most basketball stars look off the court. Have you ever seen Kobe Bryant or Lamar Odom off the court? Takes your breath away – so gorgeous. This is not a great shot of Lebron. Giselle always looks fabulous.

I think it barely fits. April is not March. So it’s not March Madness. Duh Vogue.

interestin effort from vogue…it looks vulgar….well I guess they were going for whimsical/fun/attention grabbing/interesting but ended up being vulgar.

[☆F a m o u s☆] @ 03/13/2008 at 1:44 pm

lebron on justjared… lol for a second i thought i was on ybf. of course he only made it on here because of gisele being on the cover with him. its kind of funny how she looks manlier than he does.

Does anyone read Vogue anymore? This is a stupid concept for a cover.

ace tomato @ 03/13/2008 at 1:51 pm

Ugh. First it’s movie/tv celebrities, now sports celebrities?

I miss models.

More than that – I miss the days when nobody cared what the model’s name was, they wanted to know who made the CLOTHES.

TiredofthisCrap @ 03/13/2008 at 1:59 pm

I like it..

I hope this is a joke, the cover looks very bad

Really cool cover.

She looks very badly airbrushed… and he looks like he’s on serioids…

kobe would have been a better cover model

This is suppose to be VOUGE, not Sports Illustrated, which irionically covered the same concept a month or two ago.

They look GREAT, but Tom Brady would have been a better choice! Now that would make a great cover!

michelle depp @ 03/13/2008 at 3:44 pm

This has got to be one of the worst Vogue covers that I have EVER seen. The paing is okay…the picture itself is just awful. Looks like something I would take with my camera!

josh joulom @ 03/13/2008 at 4:12 pm

First cover that Gisele looks ridiculous :O Vogue should give space to others models, like they did with gisele with 1999, bring the sexy back! I would not care in see Adriana Lima or Izabel Goulart at cover

That’s great. I love it.

YAY I love ittt !!!!

NAAYYYYY! Why they put this “supermodel” who looks like a male horse on their cover is beyond me. Get someone w/ a cute face and who has real curves…especially for the “shape” issue!!

king kong………im not racist, vogue is…. king kong and his blonde girl… damn.. racist

NAY. I’m so used to seeing poised, refined, elegant covers of vogue. All the sudden it’s *BAM* a guy with his mouth wide open, athletic clothes with a model hanging on him…weird.

reborto butchigorss @ 03/13/2008 at 6:33 pm

Ya i like it a lot. lebron just looks so much bigger than she does it makes her look bad. i like having lebron on the cover tho. he is a spectacular image for anything… including vogue

this is not vogue or art….bad advertising who cares about these people

its superficial and to be superficial, they aren’t even pretty

with tons of respect giselle or this whoever is 100% not pretty and fake

ooo yay i like it

That is definitely a striking cover. Very eye catching!!!

She is the UGLEST model ever…..

Noooooo! Be glad it wasn’t Kobe, Tom would have a LOT to worry about then. Overall it’s a bad cover. It looks like she was cut and pasted into the cover . Or is that photoshopped?.

Oh Please @ 03/13/2008 at 7:26 pm

Ok with him, but with Gislut on the cover it should be the STD issue, this chick is looking hargard and used up. Time for the next model.

Wondering @ 03/13/2008 at 7:33 pm

Where’s the mother of his out-of-wedlock born children?

I like Lebron on the cover but the photo of Giselle looks very odd.
Also, Vogue’s photographer on this cover issue, really sucks!

Any idiot capable of taking photos could have done a way better job then this Vogue photographer. Even the paps!

I like Lebron on the cover but the photo of Giselle looks very odd.
Also, Vogue’s photographer on this cover issue, really sucks!

Any idiot capable of taking photos could have done a way better job than this Vogue photographer. Even the paps!

she’s got a great bod, but christ she is fugly! tom brady is a fool!

LOVE LeBron, go Cavs!
good cover, sorta 3D in its energy

I LOOOOOVE IT.

Love it!! It’s fun. They are both beautiful. Great combo. I’m sure there are more pics inside for those who don’t like the cover!

KAYBEE TUFOR @ 03/13/2008 at 10:29 pm

YIKES!!! BAD CHOICE OF VOGUE!!!

KOBE BRYANT WOULD BE THE BEST CHOICE INSTEAD OF LEBRON JAMES!!!

OH WELL….I’M NOT BUYING VOGUE WITH THAT UGLY COVER!

WHY does Lebron look like KING KONG on the cover of vogue. Unbelievable !!! Shame on you VOGUE………..

Two guys on the cover. Big deal!

I think its demeaning, seeing how african americans are often compared to Monkeys….the whole king kongish theme here just doesn’t fit well…

I think that it’s interesting that the media still promotes the Hong Kong stereotype (i.e Big dark mouth open- they updated it by giving him a basketball- wind blown hair damsal in distress look in the arms of kong). I guess as long as there is someone willing to be used why not?

would have been pretty cool if lebron was dressed in some flashier sports gear and holding gisele in his arms in a ‘superman saves lois lane’ pose, whilst gisele is shown with a laughing face.

I hope Tom Brady is not mad!

Nay, They look awkward together.

I think it was a good concept to place a model and a basketball start together but this is not a good picture of the two of them. Lebron looks like he is about to explode from yelling or something and the model looks like she is off balance and about to fall. She really looks uncomfortable but faking it with a smile on her face. Good Idea, but bad pic to choose for the cover is my comment.

It looks off balance…neither of them look like they are on the right cover…one looks like it should be on sports illustrated-and the other-who the heck even knows…what a bad way to pose them….

Giselle could have wore anything to nothing and will be fierce. Lebron on the other hand, I would have loved to seen him out of his work attire and in something with a lot of swagger to compliment his athletic build.

Hello

He is such a handsome guy, but this picture is horrible. It looks like too much is going on. they should have picked a better dress for her. you can not appreciate her beautiful figure. He looks awful!!! I hope Vogue reconsiders!

WELL MY FIRST GLIMPSE OF THE COVER I WAS LIKE ” ARE YOU SERIOUS”! I REALLY DON’T LIKE IT. JUST THNIK ABOUT WHEN YOU TAKE A PICTURE AND YOUR MOUTH IS OPEN, EVERYONE ALWAYS SAYS DAMN THATS UGLY MY MOUTHS OPEN!!! HIS FACE LOOKS UGLY AND HE IS A VERY HANDSOME GUY! I’M DISAPPOINTED THEY DON’T EVEN MATCH. THERE IS NO THEME. HE’S A BASKETBALL PLAYER AND SHES A MODEL BUT NO CLASHING BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT WORLDS. THEY SHOULD HAVE GISELE DRESSES UP IN ATHLETIC GEAR AND JAMES ALL MODELED OUT! THAT IS BETTER. AND HAVE HER WITH HER MOUTH ALL OPEN!!!

I love it! I love that for once vogue doesn’t have your typical tall gorgeous “perfect” model on the cover alone. It brings more attention to vogue having James on the cover w/Gisele… it shows that vogue’s up for new changes/taking chances. This was a very risky chance for Vogue to not only put a male on the cover but, for it to be a Star athlete. I think they did a WONDERFUL job! I LOVE IT! Although, I’d really like to see James dressed up all GQ and maybe a better pose from BOTH of them BUT, GREAT IDEA VOGUE! GOOD JOB!

erin – march madness is for college ball genius, duh erin.
laurie – are you kidding me, ugliest model ever ? you are high.

I like this cover. I think its creative and a much needed change over the same Vogue covers month after month.

Rick james @ 03/14/2008 at 1:53 pm

Lebron is the man no matter what it looks like!!! All of you are just jealous because he is the greatest at what he does. Lebron is the man and he’s the biggest celebrity there is! For being 22 he sure does got everything he wants, you all are just hatin. GO CAVS

NO NO NO… OPEN mouth – not attractive

Giselle – terrible position against LeBron ! The editor of this shot
should be fired ! Terrible terrible concept to put on cover.

Oh… btw… really don’t like it !

Sherry Paris @ 03/14/2008 at 1:59 pm

NO WAY!!!! terrible picture of her or she was not feeln’ her job this day. she was not into the LeBron spirit or something. Hope she wasnt paid much for the gig. Tyra’s next top models could have done better than her. no shape, bad colors, her look as far as her and the photographer makn her hair wild is just awful. Sorry Vogue but that was terrible. Hope you re-do this with a more deserving model who likes her job and show our DUDE OFF as he deserves. the other 2 male models had good photo shots. why can’t he. find someone else to clown on. aka BLU$H

Some of you people are RETARDS!!! Lebron James is the MAN. You all are hatin because he has taken over the NBA and taken over the U.S. He can’t be stopped and will be the first athlete billionaire like he says he wants to because he can do whatever he wants. And thsat person that said Lebron is on steroids or whatever, you gotta be kiddin me, in high school he was damn near just as big!

i luv bundchen..hot body,towering height,gold skin..awwww!!!!!GoDesss…

Nay…..I love both of these people. however, vogue should’ve used better pictures, because im sure there were some.

enough already @ 03/14/2008 at 2:05 pm

She looks like she’s had too much Prozac and he looks like he’s angry at you for looking at the magazine.

Something fun like the both of them posed playing 1 on 1 would have been fun, more marketable and definately with the theme of the issue. Yes, the public likes supermodels to be glamourous, but also appreciate cohesion.

From a layout standpoint the cover is visually confusing, busy, distracting and not appealing, which is very sad considering I’m a fan of both on the cover.

But, we’ll have to give the team some cookie points for having such a talked about cover.

Not the most flattering photo of either. Obviously they are in shape-but the picture doesn’t do either of them justice. Bad choice for a cover spread, I think they should have done a better photo of the two.

This photo reminds me of King Kong and Ann Darrow, these two celebs are classy people so I don’t know why they (Vogue) would want to capture them in this fashion. Not Cool!!

all you idiots saying that gisele is fugly, odd-looking, wierd etc are just jealous fools. Gisele is a beautiful woman and y’all need to stop hating. As for Lebron, I think its a cool pic…looking cool and collected in a suit and tie would have been too predictable….none of you ninnies are artists apparently……goodness get some creativity in you!

Filipinas @ 03/14/2008 at 2:31 pm

the cover is not it’s best but it’s ok…. people saying bad things to Giselle are just jealous. Make sure u look better than Giselle when u like to judge her physical appperance.

marti joeseph @ 03/14/2008 at 3:31 pm

really really bad cover…..i never found giselle to be beautiful..but in this cover she looks even worse…and she is stick thin….what happened to all the curves..and lebron look like an irritated, hungry bear

I like it. :-) The idea itself is very interesting…and I enjoy that a magazine like Vogue would put a big burly basketball player on the cover. ;-) LeBron is good looking off the court…but I’m glad they used his game face. I like that it’s not all about sex. Gisele looks pretty… and just a touch silly. Sort of like a bunny rabbit. A beautiful woman in a bad, bad dress.

I equal ratings @ 03/14/2008 at 8:11 pm

Meh… Not good at all and not quite awfull enough to be considered good either. King Kong and Fay Wray much?

mS eDUCATED @ 03/14/2008 at 8:55 pm

Everyone with a conscience should boycott this cover of Vogue. Vogue is clearly trying to depict Lebron as an animal and Giselle as the damsel in distress. It’s a clear reference to King Kong. Why is his mouth open like an animal. And it does appear she’s running away. Why couldn’t they have him sitting at a throne like a King, with the model feeding him grapes. Isn’t his nickname King James? This is a racist attack on the image of the Black man. Lebron should have known better.

This is the cover of Vogue Magazine. Why would they put Lebron is a basketball uniform with his mouth open like he’s angry?.. Next to a model who is smiling and running away. They should have had him in a suit, spinning a basketball maybe.

I’m a fan of both, but don’t like the cover. Interesting concept though. I would have liked him in a suit holding the ball in one hand and Gi in the other. Don’t care for the photographer either. She’s not a fashion photographer and it’s obvious. Hopefully there’s a better shot inside.

btw Gisele is one of the most beautiful woman in the world. The secret to her success is she doesn’t look like a damn run of the mill barbie doll.

For some reason the King Kong aspect of it really turned me on. I bet they had a great after party – with Tommyboy nowhere in sight!!!

I absolutly loveee this cover. Gisele is absolutly gorgous on this cover. Gisele and Lebron look so playful together in this cover. I am definetly buyin this issue.=]

This is extremely racist. It just perpetuates the idea that black men are loud and violent — and to be feared while white women are dainty and innocent. Leave it to Vogue to play the race card and create a racist photograph…They rarely ever put people of color on their cover and this is the best they could come up with???

It looks great – not sure where all this racial crap is coming from – they both are people in amazing shape – if you got it – SHOW IT!!

I like king kongs post best. The others bore me, or am I just jealous? Please!!

Marcia white @ 03/22/2008 at 7:33 am

50 years of reading Vogue…best cover ever!

Sad if people can’t see this for what it really is. when is my people going to wake up and stop being used in this mannor.

looks like a remake of King Kong. Lebron looks like and escaped slave

I agree with # 5 and # 23

It has subtle racist overtones and because there are no REAL people of color in positions that make decisions (and no Andre Leon Talley DOES NOT COUNT), there was no one in the room to speak to this issue. I think this size and shape issue every March is going to become the token black issue, Jennifer Hudson’s shot last year was ruined having her mouth all open like “I am woman beast hear me roar”, and now Lebron looking like King Kong. If Vogue is going to continue to throw us a bone every March, KEEP your bone I’ll look for my fashionable black covers from Eb*ny and Essence. Thank you very much. At least the the white queens over at Mens Vogue use black men in a much more flattering fashion, and some would even say a bit tooo much. But then I think that speaks to their secret BIG BLACK D*CK sexual fantasies which are not really secret. Ok I’ll stop now LOL

darwinwasright @ 03/25/2008 at 8:55 pm

Is this an ad for the new “King Kong” movie?

What is the big deal? @ 03/26/2008 at 12:18 pm

This is just a portrait of the top basketball player and the top model. He looks like he does on the court. She looks like a model. We are making a controversy out of nothing. We have real issues in the world. This is not one of them.

HOSIE HOLOMON 3 @ 03/26/2008 at 1:08 pm

I am ambivalent about it. Gisele is, at best, a 7 anyway. They DO try to make Lebron look imposing though. He dresses great, and tthey wanna put him on here like this. Trust me, the days of that “King Kong” mess are OVER. We are not having to be like that, to get one like that. Look around… they love us! They (the Fay RAY-ish type)realized a long time ago that BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL..

hosie Holomon III
hosiespeaks@sprintpcs.com

Love the cover! They are both beautiful individuals.

COuntry ass white girl @ 03/26/2008 at 5:33 pm

I think that people need to get over themselves, they’re jus mad bc they arent on the cover of a magazine. His mouth being open expresses his personality bc that’s how he plays in a game. People are overractin and takin it too far. This cover is by no means being racist! So if you dont like the cover then dont buy the magazine!!

COuntry ass white girl @ 03/26/2008 at 5:45 pm

People needa stop raisin hell bout this cover its tha way he is, its his personality… Its not racsit, so if yall got such a problem with it dont buy tha damn magazine!!

IMHO, it’s a great cover, and I don’t find it racist at all.

I think this cover photo is terrible. It doesnt’t flow. Lebron has his mouth open and is bulk up like he’s ready for game and Miss supermodel looks like she’s going for a night on the town.

The cover is so terrible man. Can you say Beauty and Beast!!!

I don’t like the cover, it’s confusing it does not reflect the real concept.

I does look like sports Illustrated.

I mean James looks so agresive he should have smile, and he holds Gisele very posesive.

While Gisele is smiling very happy but it looks like she’s running. Why should she be running? From who and with that clothes on!!!!

Come’ on Vogue should have made a better cover than this, it look’s so cheap like a teen magazine or something like that.

lol

YOU WOULD THINK VOGUE was advocating kidnapping white girls the way some people are atwitter about its current cover with NBA star LeBron James looking fierce with his arm wrapped around the waist of the arm candy known as Gisele Bundchen. Might we be overthinking this?

Some people say the cover shot by famed photog Annie Liebovitz reminds them of King Kong with Fay Wray clutched in his monstrous arms. And if we were Barack Obama’s grandmother, I’m sure if we were standing on a street corner that we’d be frightened seeing the strapping LeBron lurching toward us. Then again, I’d feel the same way about any good-looking white dude. I’m old enough to know about sociopaths and Ted Bundy.

As for Gisele, well, I’d like to *****-slap the twig. And not because she’s promoting stereotypes on Vogue’s cover. First there’s that body; second, she has has dreamy Leo DiCaprio whisper secrets into her ears and slip other body parts into her snatch; third, now she’s shacking up with the Superbowl Pinup Tom Brady. Yea, she should definitely be ashamed of herself promoting such potent sexuality.

Check out …
http://www. CrabbyGolightly.com. Taking a dim view of celebrity media and power.

smacks of stereotype and racism.

Seems a bit sexist to me. What about a cover with a male model and a female athlete?

jadehaughton @ 03/29/2008 at 8:39 pm

raquel zimmerman!! now thats a model! have u seen her sport/fashion spreads inside the magazine? way better than gisele’s!

It does look wild. It’s movement, not a static photo. Good idea.
Plus, if anyone notices, it’s Lebron doing a Muhamed Ali. There
is humor in this shot. You crabby people out there. I know we’ve
had George Bush for 7 plus years but, you do remember humor
don’t you?

If you want a REAL opinion on this “controversy,” click on my name to go to “andinlocalnews.com” and read the first post.

I dont feel the cover is intentionally racist but i would have expected someone of leibovitzs calibre to be a little less ignorant to the images possible interpretations. Im not particularly offended but arguing that it has been overscrutinised is unfair- perhaps if vogue had made more effort to represent diversity over the years then people would be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt…

on another issue, all male athletes and female models? … but i guess all publicity is good publicity to vogue.

Well….Vogue got the reaction they were looking for and I’m sure they knew what they were doing.

WAKE UP PEOPLE. Human beings are dying around the world and we need to focus on fixing that problem.

For those of you saying that Kobe Bryant would’ve been a better choice, let’s NOT forget what a horrible role model he is: an admitted adulter and accused of sexual assult.

OK, Lebron does that every time he dunks. I guess I can see king kong, with the white girl in his arms, but I don’t think it was intentional, and to be in an outrage by it is just ridiculous, they look like they are having fun, and it is eye catching.

Most of you are so closed minded….I find it is a beautiful cover quite cleverly constructed… Stop being so offended at everything.. I’m am a 33 year old black male heterosexual that listen to mostly rap, reggae and hip hop and can’t find anything wrong with the cover… The first things that come to my mind is; beauty and the beast, opposites, contrasts, a really smart beautiful picture… Not OMG “wait LeBron looks like a serial rapist”… or “A total mad man” Relax!!!
Those of you who think like this or see something negative to whine about… I think I could safely conclude that this cover was not meant for you to look at so please shut up and let the rest of us enjoy it and let it tickle our imaginations the way it was meant to…. Thank you!!!

You know…they are trying to portray beauty and the beast? Not the movie but King Kong and the frafile girl he is after.

Great looking girl with him.

James is the king on the basketball court, his shoes,Lebron shoe Nike,is full of naturally domineering. Rough lines, bright color contrast, flying shoes linear shape, all reflect the style of their king,in a word , Lebron shoe Nikeis a masterpiece.

He is cool guy, interessting to read what he has done lately…

He is cool guy, interessting to read what he has done lately…