Matthew Broderick: Isla Who?

Matthew Broderick: Isla Who?

Dressed in another outrageously loud ensemble, Isla Fisher shoots more scenes for her new romantic comedy Confessions of a Shopaholic in Midtown Manhattan on Wednesday.

Also pictured below: Isla‘s costar Hugh Dancy

Check out the conversation below between actor Matthew Broderick (Sarah Jessica Parker’s husband), Inside the Actors Studio host James Lipton and Isla. Radar overhead this at the after-party for SJP‘s new movie, Smart People.

Fisher: Hi, Matthew! I’m a huge fan of yours and just wanted to say hey! (To Lipton) Hi!! How are you?!
Lipton: [Looks at Broderick, clearly unsure as to who Fisher is.] Hello.
Broderick: Nice to meet you. [Awkward silence, as he is also unsure of who Fisher is.] So what brings you here tonight?
Fisher: I’m just running around seeing some people, but Sacha and I are huge fans of yours and I wanted to say hello.
Broderick: Sacha?
Fisher: … Baron Cohen?
Broderick: Oh? And how do you know Sacha?
Fisher: [Beet red now.] Um … he’s my finacĂ©e?
Broderick: [Redder] Oh, right. Of course. I’m so sorry.
Lipton: [For once not the one cause of embarrassment, he averts his gaze.]
Fisher: Okay, well, have a nice night.

matthew broderick isla fisher 01
matthew broderick isla fisher 02
matthew broderick isla fisher 03
matthew broderick isla fisher 04
matthew broderick isla fisher 05

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

first! for the 2nd time today!

LOOL that conversation.

LOL That’s a hilarious story and how awkward for everyone involved. So much for the idea that everyone in the entertainment industry naturally knows who everyone else is. LOL

LMAO, I feel sorry for Fisher.

Whoever’s in charge of outfits needs to get b1tch slapped.

princess jess @ 04/02/2008 at 4:31 pm

Please stop tagging the pics,you ruined her shoes!

They are ruining the movie!
Becky doesn’t wear those awful clothes!!!!!!
She is a shopaholic, she wears nice clothes, not those stupid things!

Poor Isla, btw.

I was gonna say #7…. Jared’s posting all these pictures of her in terrible clothes. It’s bad enough that the adaptation is now AMERICAN.

Life is good @ 04/02/2008 at 5:03 pm

OMG how embarrassing, shows how much attention they paid to Sascha that they do not know he is engaged. Wonder if they know that they are actually new parents as well.. I guess it is just an age gap I think. They are much much older and Isla has done nothing to bring herself to the medias attention in a negative way so they have no idea who she is.

How about…MATTHEW WHO?

remember da truth @ 04/02/2008 at 5:24 pm

They might have known who Sacha was, but in that instance, when someone says only his first name out of the blue, and they have no idea who this is, it could have been his publicist, how are they to know she’s his fiance?

It’s a lesson in saying who you are when you are walk up to someone and start talking to them — don’t always assume everyone knows who you are! Even big stars will introduce themselves.

postwatcher @ 04/02/2008 at 5:27 pm

A professional would have introduced themselves. She is not an A level star…of course they didn’t recognize her.

i really can’t wait to see her new movie

Three seconds after Fisher left :

Lipton : Do you have any idea who’s that is ?

Broderick : Amy Adam’s stand-in, I guess ?

Seriously … does she think everyone knows who she is?

She’s adorable. And I doubt she lost any sleep over it.

Who cares if Ferris Bueller knows her or not. He’s not exactly “A” list himself and nobody would even remember him if didn’t keep getting mentioned because of his wife.

Love her. She has done well since home and away.

Nobody should assume that everyone knows everyone and she should have at least said her name at the start. What an idiot.

The Shopaholic movie is going to suck big time. Everything has changed and the majority of the book fans have expressed on many websites including Sophie Kinsella’s official website that they will not be supporting and seeing this movie.

Also if you want to know why she looks like a try hard version of Carrie Bradshaw it is because Pat Field is in charge of the costumes.

The character in the book is fashionable not a fashion victim. Her style is NOT described like Carrie’s.

look a like @ 04/02/2008 at 8:51 pm

She really does look a lot like amy adams. They look like the same person.

Not good! I LOVE these books and she does make an attractive Becky Bloomwood, but come on, Becks does not wear customs! She is high elegant fashion! Also, what is up with Darcy as Luke Brandon….NO WAY! I am so utterly disappointed!

That is hilarious. But you know if I ran into her on the street I would have no idea who she was either.

She’s a beautiful woman.She’s so gorgeous. I love her. I saw her profile with photos and videos at myinterracialmatch.co m I also found her blog there.It’s said that she’s seeking for a young man to be the BF ? Is that ture ???

I agree with #12 and #19 completely. Even though she acted a bit idiotic, I STILL think she’s the cutest thing ever. And I don’t think she really meant to come off in that “what? you don’t know who *I* am?” manner, I just think in her exhuberence & naivette over meeting Matt & James (although Lord knows why she would be over these two) she came off a bit like a doofus! Ha :)

celery gloss @ 04/03/2008 at 1:12 am

She’s not that famous yet. I didn’t know who she was until recently. If I saw her on the street I wouldn’t know she was famous. She is so cute though.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All