Ashlee Simpson is Engaged!

Ashlee Simpson is Engaged!

Ashlee Simpson is engaged to boyfriend Pete Wentz, reports In Touch.

“He got down on one knee and she said yes,” a family friend says. “She has an amazing ring, and they are so in love.”

The couple went away to Colorado just days ago where Pete’s brother had an art exhibit, and that is where Pete, 28, popped the question to Ashlee, 23.

The couple that started dating in October 2006 but no wedding date has been set yet.

Congrats Pete and Ashlee!

UPDATE: Ashlee just released an official statement to FriendsOrEnemies, saying, “We know there has been a lot of speculation recently about Pete and I and we wanted our fans to be the first to know, because you guys are the best. Yes, we are thrilled to share that we are happily engaged. Thank you for all of your support and well wishes – it means the world to us. We consider this to be a very private matter, and we wanted to be the first to tell you and to hear it straight from us.”

ABC

Congrats to them!

That’s great!

wow, im shocked! i hope they make it last!

はやーん @ 04/09/2008 at 9:28 pm

Ashlee Simpson
I love you!

wow, im shocked! lets just hope they make it last!

tinseltown @ 04/09/2008 at 9:38 pm

i don’t think it’s true but. cogratz jaja

OMG go Ash Wentzday!

congrats to them…they are so cute together…and i am so jealous of her hair…it is always so cute :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE HER!!! HE’S SO GOOD TO HEER, WHY???? ;_____;

[☆F a m o u s☆] @ 04/09/2008 at 9:52 pm

cool. lets see how long this one last. lol i give it a year.

but he’s engaged to MEEE. :))

haha, kidding.
hope they last!

Stay away from the perv @ 04/09/2008 at 10:02 pm

Hope she learned a lesson from Jess, don’t involve Papa Joe in your marriage. He will probably try to get her a reality show now that Jess’s career is in the tank. Let’s see who is excited about that country album. Gee, no one.

i don’t know what to believe anymore, with ashton kutcher’s new show. we’ll see

Good for Ash Ash.

EW. EW. and another EW

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Lucky *****!

love love love love love heeerr hairrrrr

awww, im so happy for her! x’]]

Yaaay! The ring, the ring, show us the RIIIIING, Ash!!!

Ms. Joe Jonas @ 04/09/2008 at 10:23 pm

WOW thats something I think he can do a lot better she is annoying and her laugh is like nails to a chalkboard Poor Pete doesn’t know what he got himself into

Congrats, I guess? Hm, I always thought Pete would dump her by now, but I guess I was wrong.

why is she marrying a gay man?

I smell divorce

they wont make it.
sorry.

Get over that they are together and happy. Let them be. Congrats!!

Ugh, she’s so disgusting. Same with him.

I believe this is a stunt to draw the media attention from Jessica being drunk. Why make an anouncement now?
Some pretty nasty stuff is coming out about Jessica and the Simpson are scared it will scare Romo away from dumb ass. I’m being to think Jessica is a drunk their have been so many stories about her drinking.

Jen is the biggest fraud @ 04/09/2008 at 11:19 pm

Too young, they won’t make it.

I think it’s a distraction.
The Simpsons are really getting desperate for Jessica. If she do not land Tony what ever will she do.

wtf!! when did this happen

What are you talking about, #30?

I think its great someone wants to get married It has nothing to do with Jessica she beautiful too she doesn,t need someone to marry her this is not a stunt get real……….

congrats to ashlee and pete!!i hope you guys last forever!!!i’m so happy to hear this..

French Fan @ 04/10/2008 at 7:14 am

OMG I’M SO HAPPY FOR THEM !
ASHLEE ROOOOOOOOOOOOCKS !

Good, I hope she gets married and goes away.

Love them!! Congrats 8)

Wow!!they SO make the best couple….I knew they woulg get marry….

Congrats =]

I am so happy for Ashley and Pete!!! Check out my predictions about them at http://www.celebpsychic.blogspot.com.

The New Spin on Celebrity Gossip:

Wow the pr are teams are working long hours these days.
I agree with poster #30 I think the Simpsons are blowing smoke to hide the latest gossip about Jessica. Perez Hilton was on Carson late night this week telling that story of when he John and Jessica was clubing during New Year’s Eve night when Jessica and John was dating. John Mayer was kissing Perez Hilton with tongue for over 5 mins while drunk Jess was working John from the bottom. Later that night she was drunk on her face. That is pretty disgusting to me. I would want that bit of infor to die out two. It seems Jessica is a big drunk.

I’m with you Jill why come out with this now. Later her album comes out. Seems to me they are trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

that’s do great! They make the perfect couple! I hope they’re really happy together!

remember da truth @ 04/10/2008 at 9:44 pm

OH yeah, getting drunk on New Year’s — THAT makes you a ‘big drunk” because only someone with a problem gets drunk on New Year’s!

Get a life of your own, instead of staying up watching late night gossip and you might realize how stupid you sound.

Good for Ashlee and Pete. Ashlee has always done her own thing and avoided the Joe trap. I hope Joe hates Pete — that would be funny! I’m glad Ashlee and Pete are so happy together.

whiskey.tango.foxtrot @ 04/11/2008 at 11:29 am

oh bite me.

HE IS TOO GOOD 4 HER!!!!! ¬¬

HATERS!
stop sayin’ that pete is sucks
PETE AND FOB ROCKS!!!

Too Young! @ 04/11/2008 at 11:13 pm

They are too young. What is with Hollyweird? Girls are rushing into marriage left and right. They don’t have to do that anymore. There is birth control and they can earn their own money and take care of themselves for a while.

Some young marriages make it, but there is an even greater chance that they will divorce. They marry young and kill their careers way too early. Britney and her sister should make her think more than twice about marrying this guy.

How stupid to get married at age 23. Waaay too young. Only known each other for 1 1/2 years and your getting married to some young 28 yr old. i will bet anyone that it won’t last past 5 years at even odds. how can people be sooo stupid in this day and age when divorces are so common and that marriage at a young age is almost doomed every time. Grow up first and then get married. and all of you people that suck this up too and are so happy and enamored. Get out of your La La land too!!