Mariah Carey Joins American Idol

Mariah Carey Joins American Idol

Divalicious Mariah Carey is this week’s music mentor to the final 7 on American Idol airing Tuesday, April 15 @ 8PM ET/PT on FOX.

Until then, you can help vote for the winner’s single. Visit Americanidol.com to hear the top 20 songs and cast your votes. These are the songs vying for your votes:

“Align” – Written by James Smithson
“All You Will Need” – Written by Lauren Dion and Phil Minardi
“Believe” – Written by John Buchanan
“Dream Big” – Written by Emily Shackelton
“Faith” – Written by Zach Ziskin
“Fly Me Away” – Written by Scott Sheets
“Here I Am” – Written by Tom Kitt, Matt Zarley, and Andy Zulla
“In This Moment” – Written by Ryan Gillmor
“No Turning Back” – Written by Luke Ebbin and Curt Schneider
“Only Love” – Written by Ken Stacey, Windy Wagner and David Walsh
“Overcome” – Written by Mark Holman
“Something Like Heaven” – Written by Aaron Sidwell
“Stronger” – Written by Jason Phelps and Mendy Shaw
“Thank You Whatever Comes” – Written by Fran Lucci, Danny Powers and Dara Stewart
“The Time of My Life” – Written by Regie Hamm
“We’re Gonna Make It – Writen by Noel Cohen, Hugh Colocott and Amber Rhodes
“When You Come From” Nothing – Written by Will Hopkins
“You Believe In Me” – Written by David Barrett, Kurt Schreitmueller and Dan Yessian
“You Believed In Me” – Written by Perry Smith
“You Can Do Anything – Written by Gail Farrell, Mark Gasbarro and Larry Kenton

SPEAK UP: Two songs stuck out to me. Which ones are your favorites?????

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Anonymous @ 04/14/2008 at 4:36 pm

Vote for Jason Castro!

will they be singing her songs>?

David Cook.

[☆F a m o u s☆] @ 04/14/2008 at 5:05 pm

boooooo

lol @ this mariah on a singing competition.

David Archuleta and Brooke White FTW :D

Channelsurfer531 @ 04/14/2008 at 5:11 pm

I’m really digging “This is the Time of My Life” by Reggie Hamm…so many of these songs sound like they would be on the Grey’s Anatomy soundtrack… which I like better than the cheesy songs they’ve had the AI winners sing in the past…

america is fucked up for taking michael off he was the best one besides david cook !!! syiehsa or carly were supposed to go home!!!! everybody just wants david to win just cuz everyone is in love with him but he cant sing good and doesnt deserve american idol hes just not that type for american idol!!! it has just turned into a popularity contest and that is not right!!! that is really messed up that they took off michael!!!!

MARIAH IS ON FIAH! @ 04/14/2008 at 5:23 pm

I’m finally excited about her again. Good things happening in her life. She looks gorgeous dawlings!

Vote for Brooke! :D
and yeah, David A. too

She sucks

Vote for Jason Castro !!! He is AMAZING !!!!

Now that Michael Johns is gone I’ve completely lost interest in the show. The remaining idol-wannabees have mediocre talent and pale in comparison to Johns.

Not everyone can sing Mariah songs. This will be intresting.She was Oprah today, she’s like one of the best singer .Love her.

Steve ship @ 04/14/2008 at 6:23 pm

She has a HORRIBLE voice. Can’t stand her style.

Jennifer W @ 04/14/2008 at 6:32 pm

im voting for david archuleta all the way

What a bummer…Michael was supposed to sing “Vision of love”! I would have loved to see that!

It will be interesting to see what they sing. I bet that Archuleta will do “Hero”…that’s the type of song that he’s been doing.

My fav. songs for the writting contest are Dream Big and Align. =)

I disliked Faith. It was a crappy cliche inspirational song. It’ll be big on the pop charts, though.

VOTE FOR DAVID COOK!

:P He’s the best !

MARIAH IS ON FIAH! @ 04/14/2008 at 9:55 pm

OMG! Mariah is baaaaaaack!

#14 Mariah was fantastic on Oprah today. I’ve never seen her looking so great. Really!!! She’s slimmer than ever and beautiful. She looks so young for her age. I think she’s in love. I couldn’t believe it. This will be another Mariah Carey year, wait and see. It’s perfect timing. This new CD is going to sell out quickly and she’ll be up for more Grammy’s. I’ve been worried about her in past years, but looks like she’s all better now and I’m sosososo happy to get the ol girl back.

I love David Archuleta. He is the best!!!! I hope someone sings “one sweet day” I love that song. What a classic.

VOTE DAVID ARCHULETA!!
The song I like at the moment is The Time Of My Life. =]
Listening to the others now as well.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All