Miley Cyrus Performs at the 2008 CMT Music Awards

Miley Cyrus Performs at the 2008 CMT Music Awards

Miley Cyrus performs duet “Ready, Set, Don’t Go” with father Billy Ray onstage during the 2008 CMT Music Awards at the Curb Events Center at Belmont University on Monday in Nashville, Tennessee.

The father-daughter duo hosted the entire event. During their opening segment, Billy Ray joked about how popular his daughter really is.

He said, “I know what’s going on here, OK. I didn’t fall off the turnip truck yesterday … it’s pretty obvious what you’re all doing. You’re just using Miley to get to me.”

Miley Cyrus and papa Billy Ray perform “Ready, Set, Don’t Go” at the 2008 CMT Music Awards

55+ pictures inside of Miley Cyrus performing at the 2008 CMT Music Awards…

miley cyrus cmt performance 2008 01
miley cyrus cmt performance 2008 53
miley cyrus cmt performance 2008 54
miley cyrus cmt performance 2008 55

Photos: Stephen Lovekin/Scott Gries/Getty
Posted to: Billy Ray Cyrus, CMT Music Awards 2008, Miley Cyrus

They did well =)

like her outfits, dont like her.

Im sorry but she looks WAY TO OLD to BE 15, THATS SAD

Ok this girl is ONLY 15 years old!!! Isnt that one dress showing a little too much?

Why has she changed her clothes 3 TIMES???
That’s ridiculous…
but i still like her =)
She’s totally awesome…

paramorejunkie @ 04/15/2008 at 11:13 am

i love you miley you did great.

Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad @ 04/15/2008 at 11:17 am

Ych a fi !
Rwyn gas da fi Miley achos maen ddiflas. Mae hi’n dim dalent!

she’s dressing to mature for her age..she doesn’t look like she’s 15

4 outfits in one evening – WOOOOW!

The performance was good as she had a strep throat

[☆F a m o u s☆] @ 04/15/2008 at 11:37 am

cant sing.

In general, I think she looks cute. But the come f*ck me heels and the low cut gown aren’t appropriate for a 15-year-old who is being looked up to by kids.

Luvn_hollywood11 @ 04/15/2008 at 11:58 am

She looked BEAUTIFUL LOVED all the outfits she & her Dad did a wonderful job. The performance was wonderful she did a great job keep up the good work Miley we love you!!

ok so shes a talented GIRL but she dresses like a **** for her age….if she were 19 or 20 she would look fine but she is just a kid…cover some of that **** up sweetie

I dont see anyting wrong with here wearing a low cut if you have it flaunt it and she cannnot always dress to please other people

i like her shoes though. haha

this girl sucks! Even Britney spears as better at the same age, and that is saying a lot.

She is cute and in the past hosts changed over 3 or more times. Other- Britany, Hilary, Lindsey-had on less when they were her age. I thought she was great on AI last week and great at the Award show!

i really like the outfit she’s wearing for the song, really cute shoes too :)

she looks so cute in all of her outfits!

i like brandi’s hair one color instead of different colors :)

everyone looked greatt

I LOVE YOU MILEY

vici/#6 on award shows the host like always changes their outfit….just thought i would say….and i think miley looked and sounded great yesterday epsecially considering she had strep throat!

what come **** me heels?
those shoes are perfectly FINE.
and they’re gorgeous.
love that dress.
such a cute outfit.
anyone know where her dress is from?

the heels are cool.
the dress is too old for her though.

miley rocks she look so pretty

Cute shoes and I think the dress is fine.

Why is there a different standard just because people haven’t seen her dressed up like this before. If Jessica Alba or Rihanna were wearing that you all would think it looks great.

Can’t sing… umm hello is called strep throat. Give her a little consideration. She is a great role model for kids in comparison to Lindsey and Paris.

I agree she needs to dress more age appropraite.

I really like her outfit too, but is it just me or did it look like she couldn’t walk very well in those heels?

I loved this performance because it sucked so bad Billy ray was good but my gosh i just laughed the whole time she had to have been embaressed you can tell she is a true disney star because she has no talent

what’s with the heels.. tooooo high..
she looks like a hooker.. “What a roll model for children” :S:S
SAD

and don’t blame it on strep throat she talked perfectly fine utterly annoying and on American idol a girl was sick and they told her it was no excuse

anonymous @ 04/15/2008 at 1:13 pm

gees only 15 and showing off the little girls? pleeassseeeeeeeee a little inappropriate

THE DRESSES WERE TERRIBLE AND SHE JUST CANT SING AT ALL ,AND PLEASE DONT SAY SHE WAS SICK BECAUSE SHE TALKED PERFECTLY FINE.THE GIRL SUCKS.SHES SHOWING TO MUCH BOOB FOR A 15 YEAR OLD

Err her voice wrecked her dad’s…

vicki Pasadena, CA @ 04/15/2008 at 1:36 pm

She was flat, flat,flat… cannot carry a tune.

Totaly agree with trw

i WANT those red boots – anyone know where they came from? x

Lovethatdoll @ 04/15/2008 at 1:59 pm

She’s 15, she should dress like she’s 15, whether you have it to flaunt it or not, and BTW – she doesn’t. She looks 15 dressing like she’s 30. And WTF is up with that lip thing she does in her pictures? She looks like a duck!

Jennifer W @ 04/15/2008 at 2:00 pm

i dont know if anyone noticed but if you didnt watch the video again. At 3:40 & 3:41 seconds mIley messes up and goes to say something and then sees that the camera is on her and she stops then turns away. It looks like to me maybe that she was going to say a cuss word but I might be wrong. I love Miley and Billy Ray they did an awesome job and I loved the performance. Im not trying to start anything bad up about Miley or Billy I just wanted to let everyone know what I saw thats it. thank you

rolling eyes @ 04/15/2008 at 2:03 pm

WHAT do people hear when they say she’s talented??!!!!

Did you all not listen to other performances? Have not ever heard other singers? Yet you still say SHE can sing

What is that magic that Hollywood has, that makes them so capable at brainwashing people into believing people with no talent actually have it and should be paid obscene amounts of money, over the everyday folk with amazing voices??!

What that magic so I can brainwash my boss into giving me a raise!

Why does the world get so obsessed with 12 year old girls?

All of Miley’s sibling are rather unfortunate looking.
Well, Trace wasn’t always, but now kind of.
She got all the good genes.

I personally think she sings very well.. that’s not an easy song to sing. It’s personal opinion. I love the tone and uniqueness of her voice.. everyone can have thier own view on it.. it’s not wrong by any means to say she us talented. Have you seen the way she works the stage? impressive.

I dont think dressing mature and elegant says anything about someone..it’s just what she chose because she likes it. I’ve seen teeangers dress WAY WAY worse. She’s fine and she looks gorgeous.

And I def agree with Kate’s comment right below my other one.

Yes, I agree with kate as well..

The fact is, Miley DID have strep throat a day before this show. So her voice did crack here and there, but overall I would say a great solid performance. Heck, I personally think she outsang Taylor Swift. But again, MY opinion.

That long note she sang gave me chills.

You can have a sore throat and sound fine, but have problems singing. I think she did an awesome job. BTW did you hear Taylor Swift perform..she cracked quite a few bad notes too, but I too think she did a great job as well. Singing live isn’t always perfect, that’s what makes it special. Miley did have a few cracks in her voice, but there were also many parts that were done beautifully.

And Miley does have strep throat, check out all the reports on her waiting for a doctor to come and give her medication before leaving for Nashville, before you say it’s not true. Faith Hill also said that she had a sore throat (red carpet interview) and she talked fine but did hit a few bad notes during her duet with Tim and she is an amazing singer. So, it happens to all artists.

As to the outfits I think they were are adorable on her, even at 15. I work in retail and those look very simialr to styles we carry. She looked beautiful. Nothing to revealing…really just cute!

And to those that say she has young kids lookin up to her, well parents raise their kids not Hannah Montana..not Miley Cyrus. And as a parent I love Miley, and I think she is a good role model for my daughter. But my daughter doesn’t model Miley’s clothing style (she is 7) or everything about her, we talk about her music and the messages behind them. We talk about Miley’s love of her family, her faith and how she dreamed big and reached her dreams. We talk about how nothing is impossible and how Nobody’s perfect. My daughter see’s her as someone she’d like as a big sister. (These are her words). So, to me Miley is a good model for my daughter, but she is just one of many.

ALYSSAAAAA @ 04/15/2008 at 3:05 pm

hey. leave miley alone. shes so nice. and super gorgeous.

leave your nasty comments to yourself. k thanks.

if you dont like her, they why are you looking at pictures of her and taking the time to leave nasty comments. get a life

ily milezzzzz

perfect (:
miley lovers ♥

I am also 15 year old and i know that she has dressed toooo much for her age. Sorry for telling that, but thats how i see the things. She has a great voice and is nice but she doesnt need to dress like that. When she will turn 18 what will she do?? How will she dress herself??

NICE! but wow she changed her cloth 4 times!!!!!!!:O:O
lovher!(K)

miley looks fine. it’s about time you stop bashing her outfits. come on what 15/16 year old doens’t dress like that ? maybe all the losers.

As for her singing, idk it was her worst proformance ever. She sounded sick.. i might actually believ the obessive fans who say she’s sick everytime she sucks

her outfits are cute, but i think she’s trying to dress too old, i think she’s just trying to get rid of the ”disney” image.

Megan barbee @ 04/15/2008 at 4:02 pm

i really dont think she sounded good at all.

Nessa baby @ 04/15/2008 at 4:02 pm

Idk what peoples problem with heels they are really cute.and consicering she had strep thrat I think she was amazing.I though all her outfits were cute.

Wow. she was really pretty her and her outfits were adorable. I didn’t get a chance to watch the awards but looking at that video i can tell she won or her dad won many awards. :)

ilovethejbs @ 04/15/2008 at 4:25 pm

shes trying to be something she isnt.
very beautiful girl its just she is letting fame get to her
she does need to tone it down.
but i love her dad[:
on the crapet she actually dressed without showing everything she has.
but when she performed get set dont go she showed everything pretty much it was a very cute dress just to ******.

I just read an article that had a quote from Billy Ray saying that Miley had a fever of 103 before the show began. So, I’d say she was sick, wouldn’t you????

i love the song so much & it makes me teary everytime i see them perform it live. that man is sooo talented & yet down to earth & his little girl is a star- he’s got a lot to be proud of.
as far as all the outfit changes & the high heels- she looked gorgeous & that’s just showbiz.

I agree with everyone else, some of those outfits are a little mature for her age. I’m 19 and rarely even dress like that. When I was 15 my mom would have never let me.

sika241124 @ 04/15/2008 at 4:41 pm

miley is amazing i love her sooo much she rules :D thnx for posting

Brittbratt @ 04/15/2008 at 4:46 pm

That blueish is way to sexy for her.

Brittbratt @ 04/15/2008 at 4:50 pm

Also at number 26 if Jessica Alba or Rhianna were wearing this dress of course no one would have a problem with it they are both over the age of 18 not 15

OMG boobage much? put it away youngster try to live your childhood as long as you can!!!!! That dress is a little to JLo for a 15 year old!

WOW AMEN AMEN AMEN TO #48!

Miley and billy ray were awesome i love how they sang!! Love all her outfits!!! She looked amazing Mileu You rock!!

oh wow….can that dress be anymore revealing. she’s 15..and she’s just showing her boobs like that. wonder wut will happen when she’s 18 or 19.

she looked really cute on the dress , “she’s only 15″, Im 19 and I’ve been wearing dreeses like that one since 14 , and Hooker heels that’s not true the shoes are totally fine I love them.

also she does have talent,she did awesome considering that she’s been given strep throat medication during the weekend, people just because you don’t like her doesn’t give you the right to judge her or diss her, and if we talk vocals Taylor didn’t sound that great last night, The best performances were by Carrie Underwood & Brad Paisley, and Sugarland was incredible so back off

almost forgot Brandi’s hair looks really nice

no offense, to the fans, but she is a really bad LIVE singer. first the kids choice awards, then AI gives back and now the cmt awards. the only time she sounds good is on her cd’s. she just sucks at performing live. billy ray rocked though.

WHAT A S L U T!! get some clothes on .. this girl is a joke .. disgusting !

She looks great and not to mature for her age, you just haven’t seen her wear stuff like that before.

Awesome i loved all the outfits she wore! It was awesome go miley

i luv her sooo much nd i luv da song sooooo much!

she looks beautiful
i dont care what people say
i love her

but the dress is a little revealin

SEE YOU AGAIN IN MY NUMBER ONE FAVE SONG

OK, sorry, if yall like her but
the red dress is really reveiling for 15

ok so
she sings wicked good
and she is amazing, she is not dressing to mature for her age maybe she dosnt want to sit there wearing like hello kitty **** so she dresses very fashionable, an “miley haters” crack me up because they complain they dont like her or they think she’s ugly but ya’ll must like her alot because you guys sit her and comment saying oh she ugly she dresses to mature but know one said you have to look at her pics just pass over her if you really dislike her and then you sit there watching her videos which is stupid cause if you dont like her then what are you doing there watching her videos umm maybe your jealous or you really admire her…..
but anyways she is amazingly beautiful and talented! and lmao Britney Spears is not better then her

I LOVE ALL HER DRESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

THEY DID SOOOOO GREAT

i dont think that at 15, your breasts should be showing like that and looking like there going to fall out on national tv. can we say *****. not just in her ‘private’ pictures all over the net, but even in the open that is tv. can we really say future britney? yes, yes we can.

and yes, also i agree with alot of you her voice is HORRIBLE live. she sucks all around, but live is horrible. i guess she cant always have the voice editers from the studio with her everywhere she goes. the papparazzi that she always has follow her might leak it out…

AMAZING CLOTHES! :] except 15 year old girls owned by disney shouldn’t be wearing them. and she actually sang this time instead of her usual screaming during performances. it was a great performance even without considering the fact that she was sick, which makes it that much more impressive.

but seriously, she needs to dress more age-appropriate. otherwise – GO MILEY!

You can almost see her boobs with the black and green dress :|
ewww.
not even I dress like that.
so ******, and I actually thought she was nice ¬¬

Wow I can’t believe I agree with Famous…..She can’t see.

Sorry she can’t sing

what’s with all the excuses with the Strep Throat ?
she cant sing.
i mean she sucked singing See You Again on Idols Give Back.
and she sang bad on the Kids Choice Awards.
is there an excuse all the time ?
it’s sad really, her dad sings better than her.
she’s ******* 15 how many ******* cleavage do you need to show until you turn 18 ?

love herr dress & her haiirr!
but not tht much of a fan of her musiic & stuff…
but wuuts upp wit herr voiceee DAAYUUUMM (:
worsee then everr hahaa.
sorrryy just tellin’ the truth.

she sounded great
she looked great
she covers up way more than the 13-17 year old girls that go to my school
basically, theres nothing wrong with what shes wearing or how she sounds
so stop criticizing everything about her
it dosnt make you look cool

alright……….totally AGREE with most people that say that she dresses too maturely for her age!!! n ya love the outfits just not her!!! n omg…that aqua/blue/green dress was a lil TOO MUCH CLEAVAGE!! it wud look fine on rihanna or jesssica alba or even HSM girls…but c’mon lady ur only 15!!!

觉得感觉不错,身材也很好.

n one more thing ……no singer/performer/actor watever can always get positive feedback or comments you know!! n u do need the truth..to i dunoo…maybe IMPROVE!!

# 666!! LOL! that cracked me up… :)

gengengenevieve @ 04/16/2008 at 2:00 am

holy crap can her dress be any lower?! you can almost see her boobs, hahaha. i bet she “accidentally” flashed some people with that dress on. what a hoe.

on the other hand, i love her shoes!

She looks cute! I love her hair. Omg, I didn’t know that HE is HER father… BTW her yearly income is more $18 mill.

I like the dress a lot but she is way too young for it. I don’t need to see that much of a 15-year-old girl’s skin.

Miley sounded okay by the end but she sounded really rough at the beginning. She’s still not much of a singer.

**** ALERT.

first of all,she’s only 15,and that dress is ssooooooo showy……..you know…..you can see her small round-shaped boobs popping out….
By the age of 20 or 20 something,she’ll probably take a pic of herself wiht nothing on

slicklock @ 04/16/2008 at 2:19 pm

I wonder what Billy Ray would say if he found out many ***** she’s sucked.

ilovethejbs @ 04/16/2008 at 4:47 pm

if she had streap she wouldnt even be singing
you cant even talk with it.
i think it was an excuse
sorryto all you little fans.
she has the looks but not the voice.

but i love her dad,he has a great voice,

* ASHLEY * @ 04/16/2008 at 5:07 pm

Okay guys, you may not like her, but why comment on here, or even go on this page if you don’t like her or think she is a ****, Seriously, why waste your time? You are claiming that she acts/dresses to mature for a 15 year-old, well you should follow her and act more mature, What are you going to get out of dissing a beautiful talented girl? Honestly??
Think about that!

*Not trying to be mean to ANYONE, just letting everyone know that it is a pointless waste of time; SORRY IF I MADE ANYONE UPSET/MAD, that was NOT my intention*

Have a nice day y’all, :)

WHAT IS RONG WITH U PEEPLE SHE LOOKS PERFECT I’VE SEEN OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE ONLY 12 LOOK LIKE THERE STRIPPERS
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***************************
JUST LEAVE THE POOR GIRL ALONE
I USED TO HATE HER TO BUT THEN I FOUND OUT THAT SHE IS A CHRISTIAN NO ONE WHO IS A CHRISTIAN WOULD DRESS LIKE A PROSTITUTE
LEAVE HER ALONE
AND BY THE WAY THIS ISN’T MY REAL NAME
I LOVE JOHN WALKER AND CAMERON HIGHTOWER
THEY GO TO MARVIN RIDGE MIDDLE SCHOOL

I think she looked amazing and she sounded perfect. At least she even sang live. a lot of celebs Lip sync when they perform. and there is nothing wrong with her outfit she looks amazing. you only post bad comments because you’re jealous of her and you know you will never look that goog.! she is AMAZING and i’m a very big fan!! keep rockin that great dress and those HOT heels

You all who say she sucks—Than how the hell did she become soooo popular?—somebody must of liked her! Mabey she was sick the night she sang on the awards show with her daddy and dont tell me you would`nt have been dissappointed if she had`nt shown up…come on, get real, she is young, famous and rich! Those who knock her are just soooo jealous!!! Miley is beautiful…just because she promotes confidence in herself, does`nt mean she sucks! you and your negitive thoughts about her DO!

I dont get why she sounds like a mule!SHE SUCKS!!she messed up at the end 2!!!!!hmmm maybe thats becuz she lipsang for her hannah motana concert and now she cannot!!!!

JAckaatttcak @ 04/18/2008 at 9:49 am

honestly guys just leave her alone. you all are just jealous. she did really well and she looked reallly preetty. she is really pretty. so please just leave her alone. Miley Roxs..

JAckaatttcak @ 04/18/2008 at 9:49 am

those dresses

but im sorry
shes tryin to hard to
be sexy
haha

PEACEANDLOVE @ 04/18/2008 at 7:43 pm

They did really well but Miley has a bit much cleavage!

Ok I didnt see her perform but she probably did amazing! I’m a huge Miley fan and I’m so tired of her getting dogged on. Ok first off. her dress. Mmm it shows a little bit of her boobs. Umm do you critize any other star or a regular person like me and you? Umm I dont think so. Shows your jealous. Her shoes are stripper. They are normal heels. Have you seen stripper heels.? i Have and they look nothing like those. Another reason to pick on her.
And Miley does have talent so stop laughing whitney. Your jealous. She had strep throat, you doughnut! And Disney wouldn’t have signed her if she didnt have talebt. Both her albums went straight to number one and her tours sold out. Tell me that she aint got talent. She’s an amazing role model. And mostly girls dog on her. It only shows your jealius and that you would love to be in her place. She’s got talent too. So stop ya’ll are getting pathetic!

I think she did a great job. you cant always wear what you wont to some times you have to go with what you have at that time or else.

If Miley didnt have taelnt she wouldnt have every thing she has. i was always told if you things in life you have to work hard, thats what she dose works hard for what she has and gets so i think every one needs to go on and stop with every thing. peace out

wow billy was singing great and then the next thing you know is a alligator voice popping up and it was miley she ruined the whole performance billy should of sang it all and those little boobies that were popping out of that grandma dress just didn’t work and shes support to be a role model give me a fucken break come on if she thinks thats going to impress nick j like that then she got it all wrong ***** please your going to end up just like Britney

alexjonas @ 04/20/2008 at 4:25 pm

******* hate her
shes a ****,can’t sing, can’t act, isn’t funny, full of lies, full of herself, conceited, bad role model, bad pictures, stupid, cheater, annoying, fucked up, thinks shes cool, dumb ass, ugliest person alive. HATE ME don’t care you all know it’s true

i saw it and loved it soo much, they are both great people fans of both of them

myley love ur outfits but little kids were there i know cuz i was watching the whole thing maybe u should have worn a dress that doesnt show to much cleavage just saying wow u’ve changed since i first saw u on hannah montan in 06
xoxo,
still destinyhopecyrus #1

Does anyone know the designer of the dress she was wearing during the performance with her dad ? I Love it!

ceci.n.KevinJ @ 04/22/2008 at 6:34 pm

Miley; what a Joke
Ha ha.

NikJonass @ 04/23/2008 at 7:21 pm

Way To go miley, Show your boobs to the whole world. now Young girls well think it’s okay to expose themselves, since you know, Hannah Montanna Is doing it too.

MileyCyrusFan @ 04/23/2008 at 10:01 pm

omg, she is sooo amazing! I love her so much! and she did an outstanding job performing!

ok i no shes only 15 but come on my parents wud never let me dress lyk that, shes dressin WAY 2 old 4 her age nw im not jealous but i mean 15 year olds dont wear things lyk that, well some do but they r just stupid i think on hannah montana she dresses more appropriatley but at these events its lyk **** and beyond!!!!!!!!!!! i HATE miley cyrus

what designer is her dress?? i want it!

I really like her outfits I am not sure if I like what she is becoming but who knows she can changeee

omg. her outfits are class. wats with the heels . theyre just shoes. my cuz is lyk 13 and she wears stilettos to church lmao. theyre just shoes. shes nt gonna wear flipflips r pomps r converse with tht dress . ya the dress is a wee bit low and also the white and red floral dress is too. bt yes lyk sum1 said if uve got it flaunt it !!!! woow omg shes 15 woo she has cleavage ahhhhhh!!