Sheryl Crow Backs Barack Obama

Sheryl Crow Backs Barack Obama

Sheryl Crow is speaking publicly about her endorsement of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. Here’s the gist of what she had to say via her blog (all references to Barack were changed from Barak because she spelled it wrong each and every time):

“I am proud to support Barack Obama in his desire and mission to see America return to her greatness. I have carefully watched, like everyone else, the campaigns of both the democrats, as well as the republican candidate, and I could safely say that only one candidate is speaking to the beliefs I feel this country was founded on.

“I believe, like Barack Obama, that we can change our future, but not by repeating our history. …And, I will not be deterred in my support of Barack Obama because of ad campaigns that are meant to incite fear in us where our security is concerned, when the candidate running the ad voted to take us into war.”

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty

One of the hottest women ever.

She can back me any time. (i don’t really know what that means, but I would let her do it)

Sexy Celebrities

Bruce Springsteen
Oprah
Michael Moore
Sheryl Crow

Obama has some cool famous supporters. I don’t think they matter at all but I think he just might be our next President.

just me... @ 04/23/2008 at 2:47 pm

Good choice Sheryl…..I like Obama too ;)

Come on people be cool and vote for Obama :D

Barack Obama for Président!!!!

I could care less who Sheryl Crow or any other celebrity votes for. Honestly, their political views are irrelevent to me.

I really hope to God that Obama wins. I’m sick and tired of all these Hillary phonyness, lying and division ads. I once was a staunch supporter of hers but she has shown that she believes the democratic party is “hers” and not the people’s and could care less if she tears it apart if she doesn’t win.

As a woman, how she acts is not a display of strength at all, it’s a sick, twisted desperation that has taken us women back to the ’50s.
We deserve a true change and class act in that Oval office…

Obama ’08

To >>> HillaryHillaryHillary @ 04/23/2008 at 2:58 pm

You are kidding right?

Whatever happened to secret ballot? More and more celebrities are revealing who they’re voting for (and – inadvertently? – influencing a number of constituents). I’m all for celebs calling attention to the election and inspiring people to get out there and vote, but telling the world who you’re voting for is redundant for two reasons: a) most people don’t give a damn, and b) the people who do will only be influenced by this. Look at all of the people who try to emulate their favourite celebrity If they’re mindless enough to do that, I wouldn’t be surprised that a part of that emulation would involved voting for the same candidate. It’s a sad comment on society. I’m just glad that there are people out there like #4, who look past the voting histories of celebs.

Good for you Sheryl! No offence Hillary!

Why should I care who Sheryl Crow is voting for? Maybe her friends and family care, but who any celebrity votes for means nothing to me.

She actually had a well written blog

Sheryl Crowe has been cuckakoo for some years now, I hardly think she’s a great endorsement for a political candidate. Obama is the ‘cool’ choice because he’s younger and ethnic, that’s the ONLY reason these so-called ‘cool’ celebs are publically endorsing him.

original jpf @ 04/23/2008 at 3:32 pm

I hear ya Sheryl, I hear ya loud and clear and couldn’t agree more.

jpf

I now wish I had never bought her latest CD, Detours. Had I known I would be indirectly contributing to Obama’s campaign I would have taken the money and donated it to Hillary’s campaign. I find it hilarious, though, that she doesn’t even know how to spell Barack’s name.

eh, i don’t care who celebs vote for but i don’t get why people get all pissy when celebs say who they are backing. who cares? if one person decides to check out obama because of sheryl crow, whether they vote for him or hillary or mccain, then i think getting that person to vote and learn about the issues is a positive thing. only a moron would suddenly support barack because they think like sheryl crow’s music.

i also don’t get why people are so uptight about it being a “secret ballot.” i voted for obama yesterday and i am proud. i’m shouting my support from the rooftops. just like i’m proud i voted for kerry 4 years ago and gore 8 years ago. i’m not ashamed and i want people to know where i stand. same with sheryl.

Following Jack Nicholson as a non-liberal nor conservative voter….I’ll vote for the one who has become more center and truly enjoys WORKING on behalf of America!!!!!

If it weren’t for women like Senator Clinton and those who came before her, Sheryl Crow would not have been able to adopt her child as a single (unwed) woman.

Good choice Sheryl!

This country is in serious shi****t and you want to vote for Obama.

Well, then be ready be face more shi***t . . .
Obama is nothing but all about DREAMS! Personal dream that is, of making history! Nothing else.
We are facing some very tough decisions, so careful whom who vote or endorse.

A lot of these celebrities go for the “what is trendy”. Right now, Obama is trendy because he is a “white” black.

kellygrrrl @ 04/23/2008 at 4:19 pm

I am 100% backing Sen Obama.
After 15 years of admiring, respecting, defending, volunteering for and donating to The Clintons, I am shocked and dismayed at her campaign.
Aside from the “misstatements” and “nontruths” and dirty gutter politics,
strictly from a business perspective
one campaign has been run like a fine-tuned machine
one campaign has been mismanaged, disorganized and remains in debt

Of the People, By the People, For the People

Obama 08

Like many I’m not particularly swayed by celebs or politicians who endorse a particular candidate. I look how they conduct they campaign what they plan to do if elected, and how honest, and consistent their responses are to the issues that matter and affect Americans at large

Shut the hell up, Sheryl. What does it mean “incite fear into people when the candidate voted to go to war herself?” So by voting to authorize war, you are injecting fear in people? Nice logic. The candidate who ran the ad didn’t create terrorism, Sheryl. Stick to music. I’ve lost respect for you.

Yeah, let’s vote for Obama. Not.

Going to a church for so many years and when the man in charge says the wrong thing, then you back down? What kind of man attends a church whose views he suddenly disagrees with when he attended for so long? Fake. He will be even worse than George Bush. McCain will be the same. Go Clinton, she is a well-spoken woman. The country was in good hands with Bill Clinton, and it will be the same, if not way better, with Hillary.

Clinton 08.

Definitely lost respect for Sheryl’s poor choice.

Who cares what a celeb political views are. You every notice most of them are ignorant drop outs that can barely read. We would be stupid to follow what they say about anything.

christina @ 04/23/2008 at 5:07 pm

*YAWN*

I don’t care who the celebs are voting for. I am still making my decisions independent from their opinions. Who they are backing should be completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of real politics.

An easter egg journey: examine the word “achieved” in hter blog statement.

ReserveResult.com

An easter egg journey: examine the word “achieved” in her blog statement.

ReserveResult.com

bosnia. sniper fire. vote for war on iraq. bosnia. sniper fire. i had sexual relations with that woman. in fact, i did have sexual realtions with that woman. i went through sniper fire. i did not go through sniper fire. i know who i am voting for.

i did not have sexual relations with that woman. i did have sexual relations with that woman. bosnia sniper fire erupted. no bosnia sniper fire erupted. my mind is made up. i know who will get my vote.

hmmm, in my book if you’re going to endorse a President, at least know how to spell his/her name. I’m not giving BO my vote regardless.

I’m still voting for Hillary. Sorry Sheryl, but thanks for sharing.

California Independent! @ 04/23/2008 at 6:21 pm

Obama, a “wolf in sheep’s clothing”. Along with his reverse racist wife, he sat in the pews of the black nationalist church of caucasian-hating and country-hating Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, threw his “typical white” grandmother and mother under the bus to save the skin of his pastor so he could get more votes, unresolved psychological issues from having a caucasian mother with no father to mirror for balanced identity as the father abandoned he and his mother while taking up with three other women (married Obama’s mother while still married to an African with children), political friends with 60′s domestic terrorist William Ayres, friends with a corrupt South Chicago real estate developer, projects his own “bitterness” onto “typical white folks”, and an immature man who gives “THE FINGER” to his female opponent at two separate campaign events because he didn’t like the way the previous night’s debate unfolded. Oh, what is this about a Larry Sinclair?

Obama is not ready to be President of the United States of America!

anonymous @ 04/23/2008 at 6:59 pm

I am tired of and disgusted by the Obama campaign and its dishonest attempts to label Hillary Clinton as a racist. Hillary Clinton has been working and fighting for the rights of all minorities snce the early 1970s. As has Bill Clinton.

I am also sick of the insulting way that Hillary as a female has been treated by the press, by many Democratic party “leaders,” and by the Obama camp. Good luck to the Democrats winning the general election without their biggest voting bloc – women voters.

Obama does not have the experience nor has he shown that he has the moral courage or leadership necessary to lead this country. This is not a contest for Prom King. It is for President of the United States.

Cali Independent
^^^

Explain to me how a man who came out of the womnb of a white woman and raised by her white parents and has an asian sister be racist? Explain that to me. But never mind, just like Hillary said she is more connected to working class people despite making 109 million compared to Barack’s 2 million or she seems to imply she is void of racism yet she is the one raised in a very exclusive rich, republican white family who had no exposure to race until she left home.

Yet the guy with the multiracial background is seen as the racist. Interesting spin. Obama is equally white as he is equally black. Unfortunately, America has forced him to choose sides. His black side – his father – walked out on him when he was a toddler. He was raised by white folks, but somehow, he’s the racist???WTF?

Do the math Hill. It’s kind of over unless you pay off superdelegates.

anonymous @ 04/23/2008 at 7:03 pm

Oh, yea. I’m going to listen to Sheryl Crow pick a man. She has such great judgment when it comes to men. Please.

Yeah, Obama’s got some real cool supporters. That jerk Michael Moore, the traitor Jane Fonder, the Black Panthers, terrorist group Hammas, Louis Farrakhan, racist Reverend Wright, Osama bin Laden. Not to mention his bitter wife, Michelle. Wow, I’m impressed.

Why can’t people discuss the obvious: the overwhelming majority of people with college degrees vote for Obama.

The majority of people with high school diplomas vote for Hillary.

Hmmm. What does this tell you?

I am voting Obama. I went to college. I can read, write and think.

well she is a dumbshit!!!!!! He sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn’t care less who Sheryl Crow or any other “star” endorses. Who I vote for is certainly not based on their opinions and I certainly hope there aren’t people in this country who would vote one way or the other based on the opinion of a said stars. In fact, I really wish she and the others would follow the “shut up and sing/act” advice.

Ya, cause I’m going to listen to her. News flash celeb’s; WE DON”T CARE! When theyy do that, it justs makes me like them less! Keep it to yourself. If anyone bases their vote on a celeb, they shouldn’t be voting. Obama is not ready to handle this country. Atleast if it’s Hilary and she gets in deep, her husband was once a president who did a lot of good for this country, he’ll know what to do. I’m sick of being a democrat being a trend. Just about all Obama can do it is talk.

Sherly Crowe is a ***** who makes plays for married men. Voting for someone because they are “cool” is ridiculous. Yeah Michael Moore, Jesse Jackson amd Louis Farakahan are really examples to follow.

Do these m orons know that Obama wants to raise taxes on capital gains. That means your 401ks, sweeties. His health care plan is weak as well. People who vote for a candidate b/c they are trendy are pathetic and scary. Obama’s supporters say that he stands for change. I bet you 9 out of 10 can’t say what that “change” stands for.

what the **** does she mean let’s not repeat history? Are we repeating history if we elect the very first woman president in history? Shut the **** up Sheryl.

If I ran around saying CHANGE would ya vote for me??

LOL! The limousine LIBS hurt the candidate….I think HILLARY IS THE BETTER choice….BY FAR!

Nasty, I liked Obama til all the useless media whores chased after him.

OBAMA is nothing but a suit.

obama is a stupid s.o.b african american lover. i don’t care what anyone says. this is my opinion and in america, we have freedom of speech, so there i go. all he cares about is blacks. and we ALL know its true. he favors the race of his own ethnicity. he always says ‘we’ as in black people. i’m sick of this man, and i hope he does not become the future president of this country. seriously what has this country come to? i think this man is well spoken, but i think as soon as he wins ( if he does) , he will turn our backs on our white people, since all he centers on is the ‘poor black’ people. i’m sick of it!!!! abortion is wrong, and he believe in that! its this simple- don’t get pregant!!!! why are you pro-abortion obama? tell me please. also, please stop saying ‘we’ as in black folks and trying to connect more with them. it’s insanely ridiculous! come on man! and obama- your not even fair to some. you believe in giving immigrants and new comers of this country & special ethnicities special opportunities. WELL, what about people that were BORN here? and have worked hard for all of there lives that are still slaving away at there jobs, while some people who sit on their fat @sses all day and have 20 children to get more money from the government and YOUR gonna give them welfare!? thats insane! they don’t deserve it. its called GET A FREAKIN JOB AND GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUM @SSES PEOPLE!!! obama believes in taking from the rich and giving to the poor. thats ok with me partially but why can’t the poor people go and get JOBS!? YES-JOBS i said it! you wanna know why? cuz there lazy fat @ss blacks! thats why adn he favors them because he feels so sorry for them because he doesnt want to see his own race suffer. i thought this was america until obama started this whole campaign crap. seriously this guys is a joke!!! stop tryin to connect to blacks , i don’t care how many celebs support you cuz i sure as *** NEVER WILL! you black loving idiot!

and another thing- why should mexicans or blacks or foreigners get anymore opportunities than i should? they come here expecting the whole prize package along with the better life. so listen up immigrants, you didn’t only come here to get a better life, you came here to mooch of off us americans who were actually born here. it’s ridiculous how mexican, african-american, dutch, german, hispanic wetbacks immgrants have a better chance of getting into college than I DO. AND i was born HERE! come on people! and they also get scholarships and garanteed government money that americans work hard for to give up to taxes to give it to some moocher blacks and mexicans. well, i’ll tell u what. my grandfather is 76, and still working hard as ever and can’t retire because he will be flat out broke. Did the government give him money? no i don’t think so hunny because this country is comin to an end. but guess who did get my mom and dad’s tax money!? THE MEXICANS ADN THE BLACKS WHO CAME HERE TO STEAL OUR COUNTRY AWAY. america is a melting pot of cultures adn we are all equal. but this is not true. certain cultures are sooo much favorited. and some blacks STILL COMPLAIN ABOUT SLAVERY! hunny that was OVER 200 freaking years ago! shut your fried chicken watermelon border hoppin mouths already! im frankly sick of this! and obama needs to change this! but no, he’ll go and give the blacks even more money.! ONE THING TO SAY AND ONE THING ONLY-

JOHN McCAIN 2008

SRY THAT WAS MY FRIEND WHO SAID THAT. HE DIDNT MEAN THAT I THINK OBAMA IS OK LOL

i guess im ok with celebs sharing their opinions of canidates with people, they’re normal people too.

To >>> marisa @ 04/23/2008 at 11:11 pm

I hate to tell you this, you’ll sadly always be a bottom feeder that walks around thinking evil of other people. It’s always sad to see people who think that people from other countries come here to steal their jobs. I’m caucasian, born and raised here and I can tell you unless you’re an American Indian, you have absolutely no right to go around thinking you’re the only one entitled to this great country. You, like everyone else except american indians is an immigrant… swallow hard and accept! Now, stop whining and get to work till your brainwashed pea brain is 76!

OBAMA 2008 @ 04/23/2008 at 11:55 pm

O-BA-MA

Hillary is a psychotic pathological liar.
Hillary is a psychotic pathological liar.
Hillary is a psychotic pathological liar.
Hillary is a psychotic pathological liar.
Hillary is a psychotic pathological liar.
Hillary is a psychotic pathological liar.

Google ‘Hillary’s lies’ she is a pathological liar.

The prominent politicians have endorsed Obama. Hillary gets the r*d n*ck vote.

Obama is not ready to be President of the United States of America!
*************
If Idiot Geoge Bush can be president, surely the intelligent smart Barack Obama can do a swell job as president.

Yes yes, Sheryl Crow has learned a thing or two after traveling to Bosnia with Hillary a decade of ago and knowing that there was no sniper and bullets flying over their heads. Sheryl knows 100% why she is endorsing Obama because it is a fact that Obama is the only candidate who has a dignity and good judgement.

Anyone who has rea autobiographies of Clinton and Obama and has an extensive political awareness of past and present will know that Hillary is nothing more than a corrupt desperate woman with a personal agenda.

That’s predictable, I mean her “friend the communist, holds meetings in his RV.” It’s not shocking she’d pick the candidate on the utter left, though she can’t even spell his name, and her reasons are overused and untrue phrases taken from his campaign and supporters.
I will be voting for a candidate who will actually do something, who actually knows how to take care of the needs of this country, not a candidate who uses the same old politics but wraps them in shiny new wrapping, blameshifts and can’t handle being questioned even on the most mundane of topics.

I support Obama too! I am not surprised that only significant celebrities back Obama, while VACUOUS ones back Clinton or McCain! Go Obama! :)

College educated @ 04/24/2008 at 1:37 am

Sheryl Crowe is a “significant celebrity,” ha. Good one.

eddie jones @ 04/24/2008 at 2:52 am

wow im shocked, a leftest-liberal backing a liberal democrat, shocking.

Annie Haygood @ 04/24/2008 at 2:54 am

**** Hillary. She’s nothing but a sellout to Republicans like Richard Scaife. What does it say about her that he financed the impeachment effort against the Clintons in the 1990s and now she’s basically sucking his ****. What a piece of **** ***** she is. I’m not a huge Obama fan, but I’d vote for him in a heartbeat over the bullshit “feminist” candidate who has set back women’s rights by a couple of decades.

Who cares about Sheryl Crow? Barack is an empty suit – all talk no action. America needs another CLINTON!

CLINTON ’08!!
CLINTON ’08!!
CLINTON ’08!!

Barack is for change ??? uhhh ok
Barack is gonna make your car payment
Barack is gonna make your house payment
Barack is gonna buy your groceries
Barack is for flowers blooming
Barack is for sunny skies
Barack is for people eating
Baracks middle name is HUSSEIN
Barack is for the MUSLIM world.

“…..be cool and vote for Obama “? BE. Cool?

Errrr. That’s. The. Exactly. Reason. We. Are. Deep. In. Mud.

Why. Bother?

That’ll. Be. Interesting.

If. HRC. Goes. Independent.

LOL.

” …. I swear, they say the educated citizens are the ones voting for Obama says it all…. it’s simple as that. …”

And. 92%. African America. votes. For. BO.

I. Don’t. Believe. They. Are. All. That. “Educated”. As. You. Claim.

Heck. 70%. Probably. Not.

What. The. Point?

dear sheryl,
i don’t care what you think about any of these things…just as i know you don’t care what i think….so just try to keep your mouth shut for once…probably impossible for you though…..she’s such a self-important liberal @sshat

Sheryl’s opinion is one of the few celebrity opinions that could sway me. Personally I really hadn’t decided who I was going to vote for between Obama and Hillary. Being from Indiana as an I’m seeing and hearing a lot about each candidate. It’s more difficult for me to trust Obama, but I do believe he has addressed the issues and sees many changes that need to be made. Let’s face it this is another election where for many of us whatever they do won’t do a whole hell of a lot for our own personal circumstances. We have learned to game the system and do with the best that we can. Go Sheryl–See you at your concert in Indianapolis and maybe Caesars Indiana.

Sheryl is no dummy. Too brave, maybe but not dumb.

FYI
Sheryl received a B.A degree in Music Composition, Performance and Education. In University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri. And was a school teacher before she pursued a singing career. Sheryl was awarded an honorary doctorate from the Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, Missouri. (so we can call her Dr. Crow).
My point is she is educated.

Anyway, I would love either Obama or Hillary to be the next President. So, for Sheryl who has been a long-time Clinton friend and supporter to back Obama was a total shocker for me. To choose ones beliefs over a friend is not very easy to do. Perhaps, having a child to think of made it easier for her, who knows. Honestly, I am almost scared for her yet, I do admire her guts.

Zaheer babar @ 04/27/2008 at 1:35 pm

Let’s change the taste and then taste this change.

Zaheer babar @ 04/27/2008 at 2:10 pm

We have seen a showbiz star getting transformed into a successful Statesman and politician but, a politician exposing glamor and behaving as a showbiz star is fully a total and complete failure.

America reach out and hold onto Mc Cain, you truly have a gem of a man to run your country. What a dignified gentleman.

Did you know?

Did you know that Obama is fooling the American public. He was born in Kenya. Is therefore African and guess what ..

Dont expect much help from Obama.

Obama should have seen to his grandmothers poverty first (years ago) before he tried to clean up Americas back yard.

Why is his grandmother still living in such abject poverty if Obama is the hero he makes out to be?

It would have taken just a few of his American dollars to help her build a better shack.

OBAMA SHAME ON YOU. Vote for Mc Cain and be safe.