Jennifer Garner - May 2008 Self Magazine

Jennifer Garner - May 2008 Self Magazine

Jennifer Garner gives us her patented smile and lets her guard down in the May 2008 issue of Self.

Jen, 36, talks about the love of daughter Violet, 2, husband Ben Affleck, 35, sunscreen and the summer!

On summer being her favorite season: “What’s not to love about summer? I love all the fruit that’s available. I love the farmers’ market. I love that everybody relaxes a bit more. You can feel it in their face and demeanor. People leave work a little earlier.”

On being the sunscreen carrier in the Garner-Affleck family: “Yes, I am, like it or not. As the woman in the family, whether you’re the daughter, sister, wife or mother, you’re kind of in charge of having sunscreen in your bag and making sure your family is protected. And I buy everybody big, floppy sun hats.”

On growing their own food: “Yes! We planted a garden last spring. Half the stuff dies, half the stuff lives, but I’m happy with it. We had huge eggplants! And there’s nothing like fresh tomatoes. And the herbs? Heaven! I grow all different kinds of basil and thyme. I always have rosemary and Italian parsley.”

On everyone thinking she is always pregnant:
“Yes, everyone continues to think that I’m two months pregnant. But at this point, it’s just laziness! I think your body shifts. If I gained weight before, it didn’t go to my stomach. Now it’ll go to my stomach and lower half. Where I used to be flat, now — when I wear a T-shirt — you see a little bit of normal person.”

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly

THAT LOOKS LIKE A 60′S MAG. lol

meangirls @ 04/24/2008 at 8:22 pm

first??

to bad im 1st teheheheheheh mwahahaha lol

hi.

`RooJu. x

Jen looks amazing, such a great role model.

Adoring Fan @ 04/24/2008 at 8:26 pm

Love Jen and Ben. I miss seeing pics of Violet?

LoL on the last answer.

so normal…how refreshing

Jen is the new michael jackson @ 04/24/2008 at 8:47 pm

Hey, I like this Jen. down to earth and normal . unlike the middle age exhibitionist.

BETSY SMITH @ 04/24/2008 at 8:56 pm

NOW IF WE CAN ONLY GET BEN AND VIOLET..IT WOULD COMPLETE THIS FAMILY…

IT IS NICE TO KNOW THAT SHE BAKES AND COOKS WITH VIOLET..

AND THAT SHE IS A DOWN TO EARTH WOMAN…BEN MUST BE VERY HAPPY BECAUSE NO ONE HAS SEEN HIM FOR AWHILE NOW..

just gorgeous!

hope we see her out with Ben and Violet soon too.

She is so wholesome and the epitome of the perfect Mommy and Wife. Inspiring role model for young,middle, and old ladies to follow.

Look forward to seeing her out and about with the familia soon.

I would love to see a Mini-Me of Benny boy.

betsy smith

Are you okay? Your comments are unusually kind today, what’s wrong?

She looks very beautiful and very happy.Good for her.

Perhaps at Farmers Market, strolling the streets in LA, or on a summer vacation.I would love to see a Mini-Me of Benny boy.some mention a news on a site,Sugarmomamatch.com.it caters to successful and rich women seeking handsome and charming men. there are a lot of charming men joining in the site to find their real love.

My boyfriend says she looks mannish.

Well your boyfriend is a moron

Adoring Fan @ 04/25/2008 at 1:41 am

Jenna at #18 …is your boyfriend gay?

I love her. She seems actually sweet and grounded.

Ha! “You see a little bit of normal person”. That’s great. I hate bump watch and it has to drive the celebs crazy.

She is adorable ! ! !

STFU HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ 04/25/2008 at 5:56 am

I love her!
and to the fans that want to read the interview check Jen-Garner.net ;)

I love her and can’t wait to pick this up!

omg i love her!!! i saw a pic of her daughter so cute!!!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All