Miley Cyrus 'Embarrassed' by Vanity Fair

Miley Cyrus 'Embarrassed' by Vanity Fair

Miley Cyrus says that she’s “embarrassed” about semi-topless photographs of herself in the June 2008 issue of Vanity Fair.

“I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be ‘artistic’ and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed,” says the 15-year-old Disney sensation, who posed with a blanket wrapped around her chest. “I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about.”

A Disney Channel spokesperson adds: “Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines.”

The Miley photos, which were taken by photographer Annie Leibovitz for Vanity Fair, hits newsstands next week.

UPDATE 1: People reports that Miley‘s parents left before the final picture at the photo shoot but her grandmother and teacher were there. Miley also added, “My goal in my music and my acting is always to make people happy. For Vanity Fair, I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie. I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be ‘artistic’ and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed. The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots. I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone. Most of all, I have let myself down. I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team. My family and my faith will guide me through my life’s journey.”

UPDATE 2: The New York Times has a piece on Miley‘s topless photo scandal. The Vanity Fair article was written by Bruce Handy and quotes Miley as saying, “Annie took, like, a beautiful shot, and I thought it was really cool. That’s what she wanted me to do, and you can’t say no to Annie.” She also said of the photo, “I think it’s really artsy. It wasn’t in a skanky way.”

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 722 » Show All

clearly it’s not fake! .. atleast she apologized to her fans.. she’s still an idiot and i can’t believe she had the guts to blame the photographer for this.. it was her an her parents decision .. she should feel embarassed!

and her quote “i’m going to make mistakes i’m not perfect. i’ll learn from my mistakes.. ” blah blah blah.. is complete BULL! . learning from her mistakes ya right! .. this is what like the 3 time you had to learn from your mistake??

wow .. i guess her plan to have all the attention on her has finally worked. it’s sickening to see her on Vanity Fair ..

Unfortunatley for me and a ton of other people i’m sure .. that fake apology is basically saying that OJ Simpson didn’t kiss his wife.. fake fake fake.. there’s no way in getting out of this now miley ..

kiss your fans goodbye ..

I love miley, shes got away with words!
I support you miley and i know you will learn from your mistakes.
I love your pictures, nude or note- YOU ROCK!

LMAOOO LOSER @ 04/27/2008 at 7:50 pm

I knew her damage control team would use the word “artistic” to describe the shoot.

not even a full day and there already doing damage control. hahahaha

why she even do it?
im a huge fan but so confused.

why would her parents let her do this in the effing first place?
gross!

I’m not buying it. I think she is full of sh*t.

Linda Blair @ 04/27/2008 at 7:51 pm

Sorry, but she looks like the possessed chick from The Exorcist in this photo.

haha i mean OJ simpson didn’t kill his wife.. and i agree.. she’s 15 mega successful .. she knows what she was doing .. she has no one to blame but herself!

Im sorry but i do not feel sorry for her at all. How many times are we suppose to but these I’m embarassed stories and i have learned from my mistakes. This is what her 5th photo scandal? Every time new pics come out the statements basically say the same thing. I am soooo tired of heraing the same thing. Her parents are at just as much fault as anyone

Stupid Girl @ 04/27/2008 at 7:51 pm

Miley doesnt care that people hate this cover. Its her team of handlers who issue this statement to save her face

i think that’s artistic. Because she’s 15, that’s why she announced that statement. I love Annie’s work and somewhat likes Miley..
anyway, i can’t wait to see the pic! in the issue.

Poor Miley? Are you kidding me? She did this herself. At any point during that photoshoot she was uncomfortable, she could have declined to do what they were asking her to do or do something else. She chose to do this and as soon as there was negative backlash against someone who touts herself as a role model for young girls posing provocatively, she tried to backtrack and make it sound like she didn’t know what she was doing. She knew what she was doing and if she didn’t, then that is a sign that she should not have the fame that she has. If she can’t see that her behavior (this photoshoot, her ****** myspace photos) will be judged by the parents of the children who look up to her, she is fast on her way to being like Paris, Britney(unless Britney has a real mental illness, in which case, she can’t help it.), Lindsay, etc.

doesn’t she have parents to go with her to the photo shoots??

tinseltown @ 04/27/2008 at 7:52 pm

yeah right.. okay we hate you miley. go and die

The picture ain’t that pretty! She looked fugly and ****. Cheap shot.

Let me just say this. Why does everyone here support these people when they do bad things OMG. You guys are out of your minds. Miley does she is 15 she has fans that are 12 and younger, what is that going to tell these kids. But there are people still out there, who support her bad behavior. I don’t get it. If that was my daughter, I would punish her until the cows get home. You don’t do that. Give me a break. didn’t we all learn from Vanessa Hudgens not to pose, and take pictures because they could leak. I mean come on. I have much respect for Vanessa Hudgens. Because, she took those before she was famous, and accidently leaked. I have no sympothy for Miley, she posted herself on Myspace. I know a lot of you are going to bash mouth me, and that’s okay. I don’t care what you guys have to say. Just go ahead and say it. I wish that people stop thinking that she is innocent. She is not innocent and she is not a good role model.

alexandra @ 04/27/2008 at 7:53 pm

POOR MILEY!!!!
She don’t deserve this!
This is bad!!!!
I tottaly support Miley!

oh PUH lease. Vanity Fair released a statement saying that Miley, her parents, and some other people SAW the photo when it was taken because it was taken digitally and they loved it. They thought she looked beautiful.

Stop with the f*u*c*k*i*n*g sob story, Miley. No one’s buying it.

She looks like she just ate a baby.

Kikigirl101 @ 04/27/2008 at 7:57 pm

That’s all BS!!! She knew what she was doing. She knew what she was getting into when she had to shoot for ‘Vanity Fair’ it’s a magazine that is known for its sexy pictures of artists and a bunch of models. She can’t be that stupid! How the heck could her parents let her do that. She’s freakin 15!!! The pictures of her in a bra and underwear is her just being a stupid teenager and fooling around. But being topless in an actual photo shoot is serious. It was planned and everything. Her parents say they keep her grounded and that she’s a normal teenager, that they only want the best for her but is the best thing for her to be posing topless in magazines. What’s next? playboy?

xx-stella-xx @ 04/27/2008 at 7:57 pm

BULLSH*T.shes only sayin it bcoz of all the bad publicity shes gettin.

xx-stella-xx @ 04/27/2008 at 7:57 pm

BULLSH*T.shes only sayin it bcoz of all the bad publicity shes gettin.

luv vanessa @ 04/27/2008 at 7:58 pm

i still think shes ******.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 722 » Show All